Posted By: TajChauvin

Bass Champs Fork? - 02/19/21 01:41 PM

Is it taking place as scheduled? 2/27/21
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Bass Champs Fork? - 02/19/21 02:03 PM

I don't see any reason as to why not
Posted By: Fishn_man

Re: Bass Champs Fork? - 02/19/21 02:07 PM

No way it will cancel with the forecast of 39 low Friday and 54 on Saturday. Roads will be good and clear probably by Monday for backroad and all I would think.
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Bass Champs Fork? - 02/19/21 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger1
I don't see any reason as to why not

looking forward to it.
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: Bass Champs Fork? - 02/19/21 03:18 PM

How is the ramp situation? Can you at least dump a boat in the water and not on top of ice?
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Bass Champs Fork? - 02/19/21 05:21 PM

Wife had surgery on her hand, so we will be sitting out on this one. Thank goodness! Its going to be TOUGH! Especially seeing alot of coves are ice right now and this is the last 3 days to prefish.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Bass Champs Fork? - 02/19/21 05:57 PM

We will be winging it, I think it will be really tough.
Posted By: PK Logistics

Re: Bass Champs Fork? - 02/19/21 06:05 PM

yeah..dont see a lot of people making it out there this weekend to practice. Certainly not me. Wish they would make an exception and allow to practice next Friday.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Bass Champs Fork? - 02/19/21 06:15 PM

Gonna be some good jig fish caught
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Bass Champs Fork? - 02/19/21 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by PK Logistics
yeah..dont see a lot of people making it out there this weekend to practice. Certainly not me. Wish they would make an exception and allow to practice next Friday.

That would be nice, make it worth the trip from out west.
Posted By: emorydog

Re: Bass Champs Fork? - 02/19/21 07:09 PM

Wouldn’t see why wouldn’t go on. Y’all Had all winter to practice for the deep bite. This will be a great way for everyone to go in blind and see who can adapt to conditions. Lake is full so running isn’t an advantage really.

I’m thinking everyone practice the day AFTER to see what they should have done.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Bass Champs Fork? - 02/19/21 07:44 PM

The ice is already melting away quickly in the bigger bays here on Lake Bridgeport. You can hardly even tell some areas were iced over.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Bass Champs Fork? - 02/19/21 08:28 PM

Surface temp is up to 33 now!!
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Bass Champs Fork? - 02/19/21 08:48 PM

Iceberg ahead. Be careful hopefully water temp will be mid to upper 40s
Posted By: TxFisherman03

Re: Bass Champs Fork? - 02/19/21 09:22 PM

I hope they don't change anything about it unless we are having another blizzard here. It will level the playing field. Some will be out there this weekend. But IMO, to many people work during the week. So practice on those days are out, especially after getting behind this week.
Posted By: TajChauvin

Re: Bass Champs Fork? - 02/19/21 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by PK Logistics

That would spark me to commit.
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Bass Champs Fork? - 02/19/21 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by TxFisherman03
I hope they don't change anything about it unless we are having another blizzard here. It will level the playing field. Some will be out there this weekend. But IMO, to many people work during the week. So practice on those days are out, especially after getting behind this week.

Is the playing field not level already ?
Posted By: TxFisherman03

Re: Bass Champs Fork? - 02/20/21 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Tiltman
Originally Posted by TxFisherman03

Is the playing field not level already ?

yes right now it is, but if they allow prefishing on Friday, then no it's not. that would be changing the rules, and at that point and I feel thats a little late to the game.
Posted By: rscustomrods

Re: Bass Champs Fork? - 02/20/21 02:51 PM

Water temps on fork are 39-41 today and there are teams practicing. Just FYI
Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD

Re: Bass Champs Fork? - 02/20/21 03:55 PM

1. Launch boat 2. Put trolling motor down and go to work. 3.Go to weigh in and collect check. Simple!
Posted By: Peepaw on Fork

Re: Bass Champs Fork? - 02/21/21 03:31 AM

[Linked Image]
Running Creek this morning
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum