Texas Fishing Forum

Lake livingston

Posted By: BassfisherHTX

Lake livingston - 02/12/21 07:11 PM

I am starting to get tired of fishing somerville. Thinking about starting to fish livingston. What can yall tell me about it, I dont want any spots just looking for some general details. How is running it, how is the bass fishing in general, and what is the water clarity like. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Lake livingston - 02/12/21 07:33 PM

Running can be hazardous. Lots of standing timber right below the water line, TONS of shallow areas/sandbars. Fishing in general in relation to like Rayburn is poor, but for those of us that fish Livi it's a decent lake. I've had 20lb bags a few times on Livingston. It's gotten better over the last few years. Water clarity greatly varies. Dowb south in summer you can have 3 foot visibility, up north 6". Last week it was about a foot visibility where I was at.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Lake livingston - 02/12/21 08:35 PM

I wouldn't bother fishing that gar hole unless you lived 5 minuets from the ramp. It is for sure not a safe lake to run.
Posted By: Capt. Bryan

Re: Lake livingston - 02/14/21 06:56 PM

Can be good fishing, white rock creek, penwaugh slough, kickapoo creek are good areas. Forget anything over 10' deep. Lots of shad so shallow cranks, spinnerbaits and black chart jigs and craw worms work good.
Posted By: Rolo26

Re: Lake livingston - 02/15/21 02:34 AM

First off, I live in Livingston. If u are fishing for white/sand bass, it's top notch. Catfish ok. Capt. Bryan was spot-on regarding locations. My advice-- drive another hour and a half and go to Rayburn for Greenbacks. Even Conroe is better if u can believe it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum