Texas Fishing Forum

BFL Toledo postponed

Posted By: BrockstaRama

BFL Toledo postponed - 02/12/21 01:12 AM

I guess they are postponing the tournament that was scheduled this weekend. Did anyone else get the text? The website doesn't reflect a change.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: BFL Toledo postponed - 02/12/21 02:02 AM

Wise decision for them and Bass Champs! cheers
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: BFL Toledo postponed - 02/12/21 02:20 AM

Cold weather?
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: BFL Toledo postponed - 02/12/21 02:23 AM

For this part of the world yep! It has changed throughout the week, last weekend I heard talk of low 20's Saturday morning. It has warmed up to the upper 20's! Lots of people traveling in to fish and the roads across parts of Texas are not good. I had clothes ready and was heading out in the morning.

Some will disagree, but I think it was a good call. I sure wouldn't want to be in the TD's shoes.
Posted By: 1bas

Re: BFL Toledo postponed - 02/13/21 05:08 AM

Tournament officials should just start their seasons May 1, oops I forgot that in east Texas it's usually starting to get hot. I don't particularly like to fish in freezing weather, or high wind or rain or 100+ degree weather. But that's all part of it. I agree with cancellations in cases of extreme fog, extreme wind and lightening. But not, because it's cold or hot. Maybe I'm too old school, but I just cannot agree with some of these decisions.
Posted By: 9094

Re: BFL Toledo postponed - 02/13/21 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by 1bas
Tournament officials should just start their seasons May 1, oops I forgot that in east Texas it's usually starting to get hot. I don't particularly like to fish in freezing weather, or high wind or rain or 100+ degree weather. But that's all part of it. I agree with cancellations in cases of extreme fog, extreme wind and lightening. But not, because it's cold or hot. Maybe I'm too old school, but I just cannot agree with some of these decisions.

Lots of areas have frozen roads, happen to see the Fort Worth crash?
Boat ramps glaze over after about 10 launches, can’t get boats out.
Lots of reasons other than cold to cancel. Thinking of the safety of anglers getting to event and getting in and out of the water is the reason.
Posted By: Hook'em79

Re: BFL Toledo postponed - 02/13/21 01:25 PM

30-35 degrees with winds under 10mph?

Is that right? If so and they canceled I do not understand that decision. I was thinking it was going to be more like the metroplex type weather. Glad I looked it before posting.
Posted By: Hook'em79

Re: BFL Toledo postponed - 02/13/21 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by 9094

Lots of areas have frozen roads, happen to see the Fort Worth crash?
Boat ramps glaze over after about 10 launches, can’t get boats out.
Lots of reasons other than cold to cancel. Thinking of the safety of anglers getting to event and getting in and out of the water is the reason.

Can’t get boats out? It will be almost 40 degrees when they are done. I can maybe see your point about ramps freezing this morning only issue is it was 32-33 when they would have launched. I get Chad and Jeff aren’t sychic but they have made us fish in much worse than this. Most of these anglers are going to be local so traveling will be a moot point for most since they did not get the same type of percepitation we got in the DFW area.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: BFL Toledo postponed - 02/13/21 01:57 PM

Eh....someone’s always gonna wanna fish(me), and someone is always gonna want to err on the safe side(others). Either way, not my decision. So I’m gonna work on tackle and watch fishing shows all weekend.
Posted By: Neal G

Re: BFL Toledo postponed - 02/13/21 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Eh....someone’s always gonna wanna fish(me), and someone is always gonna want to err on the safe side(others). Either way, not my decision. So I’m gonna work on tackle and watch fishing shows all weekend.

cheers
Posted By: 9094

Re: BFL Toledo postponed - 02/13/21 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Good attitude there. I feel the same way. It is the directors choice.
It is a lot harder choice to call an event than to carry on.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: BFL Toledo postponed - 02/13/21 04:19 PM

We were going to head down from the metromess and fish Basschamps on Toledo today. Drive down would have been fine and I expect we wouldn't have had any problems fishing. The problem is the drive home. It's way colder here "18 degrees as I'm typing" with precip on the way. It's much harder driving on ice while pulling a boat. Just not worth the risk of someone getting hurt.
Posted By: Stroker XS

Re: BFL Toledo postponed - 02/13/21 04:31 PM

I live down here I don’t want any part of that lake today. I believe they made the right call on the safety of the fisherman. I know everyone wants to fish but my hats off to whomever made the call
Posted By: ssmith

Re: BFL Toledo postponed - 02/13/21 05:45 PM

no matter how bad the weather or roads are there will always be a few folks that will not like the postponed tournament date it happens no sense in endangering folks good call by the tds
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: BFL Toledo postponed - 02/13/21 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by ssmith
no matter how bad the weather or roads are there will always be a few folks that will not like the postponed tournament date it happens no sense in endangering folks good call by the tds

cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum