Texas Fishing Forum

Tournament for growing Church.

Posted By: Statton48

Tournament for growing Church. - 02/11/21 09:57 PM

Was thinking on throwing a tournament for the church I attend here in ETX. Was hoping to get some pointers on do’s and don’t. Would probably be on LOP in the next upcoming months. Just seeing how y’all would go about the rules, getting a set of scales, and is it even worth it?! Just trying to find ideas. Also, is insurance required? With everything going on in the world today, I’m just trying to figure out how to go about this. Thanks guys, any ideas are welcome
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Tournament for growing Church. - 02/11/21 10:25 PM

I do a church tournament. We measure fish on the boat and have a scorecard, top 5 longest from your team is the score. Random draw your co-angler or bring your own. If there are too many co-anglers its first come first serve. It works great, no hassle with scales and weigh in.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Tournament for growing Church. - 02/11/21 10:32 PM

Yes, get a liability policy! Create a good liability release (including illness or injury statements), reviewed by the church's legal entity.

Re: Tournament for growing Church. - 02/11/21 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
I do a church tournament. We measure fish on the boat and have a scorecard, top 5 longest from your team is the score. Random draw your co-angler or bring your own. If there are too many co-anglers its first come first serve. It works great, no hassle with scales and weigh in.

Not a bad idea, but most guys around here will want it to be a live weigh in. I will run it by some guys and see if they feel like it would go over
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Tournament for growing Church. - 02/11/21 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Statton48

Not a bad idea, but most guys around here will want it to be a live weigh in. I will run it by some guys and see if they feel like it would go over

I am tournament director for cowboy church bass club. Question is are you doing it for a fundraiser and or are you trying to start a club? Is it an open tournament? If you do a live weigh in you will get a better turnout. You can call me if needed. I have been running tournament for a few years so if you need help just ask..I have run opens, fundraiser and other tournaments as well..

Re: Tournament for growing Church. - 02/12/21 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by coachallentca
Originally Posted by Statton48

I am tournament director for cowboy church bass club. Question is are you doing it for a fundraiser and or are you trying to start a club? Is it an open tournament? If you do a live weigh in you will get a better turnout. You can call me if needed. I have been running tournament for a few years so if you need help just ask..I have run opens, fundraiser and other tournaments as well..

This will be an open for all the public to join. Just scored a set of scales I can use and am on the ball of getting date, door prizes, and tanks set up. Will be 50% pay back but with a bunch of door prizes, and 100% to big bass. The other 50% will go straight to the church
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum