Texas Fishing Forum

Harvey Creek Boat Ramp at Rayburn

Posted By: BassAttack1225

Harvey Creek Boat Ramp at Rayburn - 02/11/21 06:16 AM

Any news on when/if their going to open it back up? It has always been my favorite ramp. There's just something about that drive after you turn off 83 and go down that hill overlooking what I believe is the greatest bass lake in America, and i live 20 miles from Fork. smile
Posted By: BassAttack1225

Re: Harvey Creek Boat Ramp at Rayburn - 02/12/21 07:25 PM

Thanks for all of the input, everyone!
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Harvey Creek Boat Ramp at Rayburn - 02/12/21 08:31 PM

He's dead Jim. frown
Posted By: kevinclark93

Re: Harvey Creek Boat Ramp at Rayburn - 02/12/21 09:59 PM

Joey Holloway the county commissioner for that area said they where trying to get funding and permission from corp to repair and open the ramp. From the conversion I had with him it seemed years away.
Posted By: Walls

Re: Harvey Creek Boat Ramp at Rayburn - 02/13/21 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by kevinclark93
Joey Holloway the county commissioner for that area said they where trying to get funding and permission from corp to repair and open the ramp. From the conversion I had with him it seemed years away.

Yeah, I was confused by the OP is the reason i didn't respond. Worst ramp on the lake in my opinion. Middle of nowhere getting there, ramp is steep with no shoulder on one side that I can remember, no courtesy dock, nowhere close to beach the boat because of rocks/concrete, poor parking availability, etc.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Harvey Creek Boat Ramp at Rayburn - 02/13/21 09:00 PM

It's more of a local ramp. I enjoyed it rather than launching at jhill or whippoorwill for that small section of lake. Could put in there when whippoorwill was dry too. If they get the funding to repair it, I suggest moving it back into the cove about 50 yards. West northwest wind was brutal there
Posted By: Coolarrow

Re: Harvey Creek Boat Ramp at Rayburn - 02/14/21 04:28 PM

I hope they do reopen it one day but I would be surprised if they do. I used to have a camp on that side of the lake and I fished there alot. I had an aluminum rig back then so the rocks were not so much of an issue. But it's a summer time ramp for sure. The NW wind is bad there! Back then Cassels Boykin ramp was just the one on the point and it was Bad too! It pushed me up to San Augustine Park through the winter months. I'm glad I moved to the other side of the lake. More options when the weather is bad.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum