Texas Fishing Forum

Livescope Fail

Posted By: falcotex

Livescope Fail - 02/08/21 04:55 AM

I went out on my second trip with my new Livescope this weekend. I could see fish swimming like the videos online and even caught a few. It was pretty great until the transducer fell off of the perspective mode mount!. Has anyone else had this issue? I had the transducer snug with good strong positive clicks. It was certainly not loose when I put it in the water. It was quite startling when I heard Clunk, Clunk. That was the sound of my trolling motor prop hitting the Livescope transducer!!! Not sure what to do now. I do not want to buy another hundred dollar mount just to replace a rubber washer and a screw!
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Livescope Fail - 02/08/21 07:38 AM

Unless you plan on using the perspective mode take it off and mount it to the shaft with-out the arm bracket
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Livescope Fail - 02/08/21 11:53 AM

email garmin support and tell them what happened, bet they send you what you need.

scroll down a little and try chat first, email it also.

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/marine/issue/?issueTagName=region_marinesonartransduce
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Livescope Fail - 02/08/21 12:47 PM

First time I used my livescope, the screw wiggled loose, but I saw it before I lost it. I put some silicone on the screw and tightened it back up, to keep from happening again.
Posted By: crankbait 1

Re: Livescope Fail - 02/08/21 01:57 PM

A few weeks ago i got home and my transducer was hanging my bolt came out so I just bought a new bolt and rubber washer. Just go to Lowes or any hardware store and buy u a Stainless Steer Bolt and rubber washer I believe its 1/4" Standard Threads in the transducer but cant remember and I think it's around 1" long but you can buy a 3/4" and 1" to be sure. Before you buy bolts just get you a stand thread 1/4" bolt and see if it will thread into the transducer threads if does not start and thread in easy in don't force it due to it may be fine threads in the transducer, this way you will know if to get standard or fine thread bolts also out you a little of Blue Locktite on bolt threads this will keep it from coming out again.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Livescope Fail - 02/08/21 03:21 PM

The bolt is shouldered and bottoms out. If you didn’t crank it down until it was all the way tight, then it was loose.
Posted By: Lee S

Re: Livescope Fail - 02/08/21 03:26 PM

Same thing happened to me last week. Replacement bolt is a metric M6 shoulder bolt. If you bought the perspective mount separate, you should have an extra bolt and rubber washer that came with the regular livescope mount. I used thread lock this time to secure.
Posted By: falcotex

Re: Livescope Fail - 02/08/21 05:18 PM

Thanks guys! Glad to know I'm not the only one.
Posted By: ring fry

Re: Livescope Fail - 02/08/21 09:04 PM

I've heard of several people that have had theirs come loose. I've had mine for over a year and have never had it come loose. Don't understand.

Retired grass grower
Posted By: Mo_Cat

Re: Livescope Fail - 02/09/21 02:32 AM

When I mounted mine I put a drop of Loctite blue thread locker on the threads to prevent failure.
Posted By: mhall1986

Re: Livescope Fail - 02/09/21 03:26 AM

I went out and checked mine after reading this and mine was loose as well.
Posted By: Creekhead

Re: Livescope Fail - 02/09/21 04:08 PM

Word of caution on the graph mount also. Double check it’s on correctly. Mine came off on a rough water ride this weekend. Was laying on my deck
Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD

Re: Livescope Fail - 02/09/21 11:27 PM

not going to knock anyone for not knowing, cause when you don't know, you don't know. LOCTITE, medium, works wonders on any bolt you think might vibrate loose. Mark it down. bolt
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum