Texas Fishing Forum

Lithium starting battery

Posted By: karaider00

Lithium starting battery - 02/07/21 02:59 AM

In all of the lithium’s 12v 100ah batteries I have seen they say not intended to start gas motor. Is there something I am missing or do you know of some options I have yet to find? Thanks
Posted By: Dean Coleman

Re: Lithium starting battery - 02/07/21 03:22 AM

Relion RB100HP will get you taken care of.

https://relionbattery.com/products/lithium/rb100-hp

Also the Tracker 100HP is the same battery rebranded for cabelas and BPS at a better price.

Posted By: karaider00

Re: Lithium starting battery - 02/07/21 03:45 AM

Awesome thanks
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Lithium starting battery - 02/07/21 04:00 AM

There’s a couple crankers: Ionic, Tracker ReLion, Millertech. Seems like there is 1 more that escapes me. (Just make sure it says starting battery)
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Lithium starting battery - 02/07/21 04:01 AM

Ionic 125amp is the best IMO.
Posted By: Cameron

Re: Lithium starting battery - 02/07/21 05:55 PM

Stay away from the tracker lithium batteries. I have run Millertech for almost a year, no issues.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Lithium starting battery - 02/07/21 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Cameron
Stay away from the tracker lithium batteries. I have run Millertech for almost a year, no issues.

Well, you have to tell us why and not because your uncles cousins third sisters boyfriend said so.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Lithium starting battery - 02/07/21 06:24 PM

Tracker has a bolt on deal to give you blue tooth monitoring. Less than $30.
Posted By: BROWNING STRONG

Re: Lithium starting battery - 02/07/21 08:30 PM

Monster marine lithium has a cranking battery for 799$ 1300 cold cranking.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Lithium starting battery - 04/02/21 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by BROWNING STRONG
Monster marine lithium has a cranking battery for 799$ 1300 cold cranking.

Do you have one Browning? Good and bad from it? Anyone else try one of those?

Re: Lithium starting battery - 04/02/21 08:07 PM

Checked Monster Marine and Millertech. Out of LOTS of stock on both companies.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Lithium starting battery - 04/02/21 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Cameron

I’d lean towards tracker just because they have a brick and mortar place for warranties. Lol. This other stuff sounds like a PITA to get service if ya need it.
Posted By: Walls

Re: Lithium starting battery - 04/03/21 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by 21xs Elite

+1 Been running one for almost a year and a half and it is a stud.
Posted By: Fence Guy

Re: Lithium starting battery - 04/03/21 02:31 AM

I run an ionic 125 AH. Just spent 11 hours on the water running 2 solix 12, 1 Solix 10, 2 poles, and running all over the lake. My battery was at 77 % capacity at the end of the day. My Yamaha 250 SHO started like a charm all day. Battery is a beast!
Posted By: b00stin4

Re: Lithium starting battery - 04/03/21 03:06 AM

Relion 100hp here for over a yr now love it
Posted By: JBranham

Re: Lithium starting battery - 04/03/21 03:34 AM

I’ve had the RELION RB-100HP for almost 3 years now.

I use for cranking, (2) HDS Live + Livescope and it holds strong.
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: Lithium starting battery - 04/03/21 05:03 AM

most of the guys on bbc boards are running ionic or impulse

Re: Lithium starting battery - 04/03/21 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Looks like Impulse does not make a starting battery after looking at their website.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Lithium starting battery - 04/03/21 12:24 PM

If you have a motor that is still in warranty you better call your dealer and make sure it won’t effect your warranty.
There is not one outboard manufacturer that list a lithium battery in recommended starting batteries.
I know one person that was denied warranty on an electrical issue who has a Yamaha.
There isn’t a warning not to use them they just are not on the list of OK batteries to use.

Re: Lithium starting battery - 04/05/21 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by fivebites

Looks like Impulse does not make a starting battery after looking at their website.

the deep cycle batteries have the correct bms to run it as a cranking battery
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Lithium starting battery - 04/05/21 09:47 PM

I did a LOT of research on this topic when I bought mine last year right about this time. At that time the only Lithium I could find that had its BMS programmed specifically to be used as a cranking battery was the Ionic 125 Ah. I've had mine for a year and it's worked flawlessly. A good friend went with another brand and ran into the BMS shut down issue. It's very important the BMS supports cranking or you will end up dead in the water at some point.

Re: Lithium starting battery - 04/06/21 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Chris G
I did a LOT of research on this topic when I bought mine last year right about this time. At that time the only Lithium I could find that had its BMS programmed specifically to be used as a cranking battery was the Ionic 125 Ah. I've had mine for a year and it's worked flawlessly. A good friend went with another brand and ran into the BMS shut down issue. It's very important the BMS supports cranking or you will end up dead in the water at some point.

what brand he have problems with?
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Lithium starting battery - 04/06/21 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by 21xs Elite

I have one of those its a beast.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Lithium starting battery - 04/06/21 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Chris G

what brand he have problems with?

I believe they were Fuel Zero and to the credit of the owner of the company, he flat out told me his 100Ah battery was NOT rated for cranking and explained why. That was after I had placed an order which he refunded upon our discussion. That is when the research started and I ended up talking to Drew about the Ionic cranker.
Posted By: Hanley

Re: Lithium starting battery - 04/07/21 05:29 PM

Be careful with using Lithium on new motors. The fancy new alternators do not always think the same as the BMS on the battery....Could result in BMS shutting power off while under power.
Posted By: Dean Coleman

Re: Lithium starting battery - 04/07/21 11:39 PM

The Relion 100AH HP starting/house battery has a charge voltage cutoff of 15.2 volts. Doubtful any outboard alternator is going to exceed that voltage output. I’ve been running a lithium crank for 3 years with absolutely no issues and incredible performance.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum