Texas Fishing Forum

Welsh

Posted By: Cmbass2121

Welsh - 02/06/21 01:33 AM

Any updates or info on how Welsh is fishing?
Posted By: Greg W

Re: Welsh - 02/06/21 02:38 AM

cold. Maybe this cold spell will force them to turn on the plant.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Welsh - 02/06/21 04:08 AM

temps were 58-61 from what I was told last weekend. 61 was at dicharge
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Welsh - 02/06/21 04:11 AM

welcome To the TFF!
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: Welsh - 02/06/21 02:40 PM

Welsh is always good and you can catch fish there anytime of the year.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Welsh - 02/06/21 05:53 PM

Bet the plant is running end of this week!: [Linked Image]

Re: Welsh - 02/19/21 07:34 AM

Anybody got water temps at the discharge as well as either end?
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Welsh - 02/19/21 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Greg W

hahahaha....they've only had like a foot of snow out there in the last week and from what I have heard the country roads have been brutal to drive on for the last week so would be shocked if anyone has tried to fish out there but you never know.

Re: Welsh - 02/19/21 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Chris G

hahahaha....they've only had like a foot of snow out there in the last week and from what I have heard the country roads have been brutal to drive on for the last week so would be shocked if anyone has tried to fish out there but you never know.

Hoping the plant is finally kicking up, If it is there will be people out there this weekend. You can count on that. All huddled around the discharge.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Welsh - 02/19/21 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Chris G

Hoping the plant is finally kicking up, If it is there will be people out there this weekend. You can count on that. All huddled around the discharge.

For sure! I'd be one of them if we weren't thinking of pre-fishing Fork on Sunday which sounds "fun"
Posted By: DJB

Re: Welsh - 02/19/21 05:53 PM

Good luck getting there. Roads are the worst iv ever seen around here. Pittsburg to Dangerfield is really bad. Damn sure would nt be pulling a boat.
Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD

Re: Welsh - 02/19/21 11:19 PM

I fished there Mon and Tues a week ago. Did pretty good on Mon, so went back on Tues. A whole lot colder on Tues. Three trucks at the ramp, went to discharge and fished from 8 to about noon. Never left. Saw 2 other boats that came by and fished. Water temp 78. Caught fish about every 5th cast. Got wore out by noon, headed back to the house. Best fishing I've seen in a while. 4# about the biggest, lots of 2-3# fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum