Texas Fishing Forum

Anyone know of an evinrude G2 mechanic within 200 miles of Alba Texas?

Posted By: rscustomrods

Anyone know of an evinrude G2 mechanic within 200 miles of Alba Texas? - 02/05/21 08:42 PM

The only one I know of is Rockwall Marine. I got on the waiting list when the reopened after the holidays. Four weeks later they say I am still 3-4 weeks from getting in. I am not mad at them I just would like to see if I have any other option to get in anywhere sooner. Diamond sports marine will not work on it for me since I am not the original owner that bought it from them. Sartin never worked on the G2, service Marine doesn’t do the G2.

Figured it might be worth asking. Thanks for your time and for reading the post.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Anyone know of an evinrude G2 mechanic within 200 miles of Alba Texas? - 02/05/21 09:27 PM

Try Texas Boat World in Killeen, I know they’ve worked on a few.

Re: Anyone know of an evinrude G2 mechanic within 200 miles of Alba Texas? - 02/05/21 09:48 PM

Copy thanks.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Anyone know of an evinrude G2 mechanic within 200 miles of Alba Texas? - 02/05/21 10:05 PM

J&J Marine?
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Anyone know of an evinrude G2 mechanic within 200 miles of Alba Texas? - 02/05/21 10:06 PM

Are you trying to just get it worked on or are you trying to get it worked on covered under warranty?
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Anyone know of an evinrude G2 mechanic within 200 miles of Alba Texas? - 02/05/21 10:39 PM

I'd wait for Rockwal marine.

Re: Anyone know of an evinrude G2 mechanic within 200 miles of Alba Texas? - 02/05/21 11:18 PM

I want it worked on by an evinrude trained tech for the G2.

J an j doesn’t work on them.

Tx duck, that may happen, unless someone knows of another place that can do the work sooner.

Thanks all for your input.
Posted By: cjbles

Re: Anyone know of an evinrude G2 mechanic within 200 miles of Alba Texas? - 02/06/21 12:36 AM

Lake Park Marine. Ask for Mike 940-726-1156. He took care of my Etec until I traded. Great mechanic and is Evinrude certified.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Anyone know of an evinrude G2 mechanic within 200 miles of Alba Texas? - 02/06/21 12:47 AM

Head scratching question.
Why doesn’t anyone service them?

Re: Anyone know of an evinrude G2 mechanic within 200 miles of Alba Texas? - 02/06/21 01:47 AM

Bloo from what I have been told, since brp stopped making them, there are some dealers that do not want to work on them and claim parts are hard to get. Yet those that do work on them say parts are not hard to get. I think from a business standpoint the service centers want to work on motors they sell. For those that don’t sell boats, I am not sure what they choose not to work on them, but that is their decision and I support their right to make it.

I knew what I was getting into when I bought this boat with the evinrude motor. I am just hoping to get three or four years out of the motor and I will repower when needed. This is just a minor setback.
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Anyone know of an evinrude G2 mechanic within 200 miles of Alba Texas? - 02/06/21 02:17 PM

this is what happens to most things that are discontinued parts are hard to get an most dealers move on to another product.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum