Texas Fishing Forum

Are there fish in lake granbury?

Posted By: wh2004

Are there fish in lake granbury? - 02/05/21 04:41 AM

This lake is tough.
In general, do y’all have more success on the north end up river or the south end nearer towards the dam?
Posted By: 361V

Re: Are there fish in lake granbury? - 02/05/21 05:05 AM

Sorry I can’t help but I’m listening. Lakes like 15min from my house but usually whoops me. This question came up a few weeks ago. No big information was given except the reoccurring theme was fish shallow 12 months out of the year!
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Are there fish in lake granbury? - 02/05/21 12:48 PM

I’m eliminating water, but haven’t found em yet.
Posted By: JoseyWales34

Re: Are there fish in lake granbury? - 02/05/21 01:37 PM

We're headed there in the morning to prefish for the High School tournament next weekend. Not that it's really going to do any good with this stupid weather rolling in next week
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Are there fish in lake granbury? - 02/05/21 02:19 PM

during the summer ( July) a couple of years ago we caught them in a foot of water.. Made no sense but that is how we fished.. One day you can catch them the next you just out of luck.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Are there fish in lake granbury? - 02/05/21 02:24 PM

I love Granbury. That is where I learned to fish. My parents had a trailer there when I was a kid. Joined Granbury bass club when I was 18. Love that lake just don't hardly ever fish it anymore
Posted By: bbassfishes

Re: Are there fish in lake granbury? - 02/05/21 02:48 PM

From what I hear they are still to be caught shallow. I haven't personally been on the lake all year, but have kept an ear out and that's kinda what everyone is saying. Not much info, but hope it helps.
Posted By: 188champ

Re: Are there fish in lake granbury? - 02/09/21 05:33 PM

According to Brazos River Authority and TPWD a fish kill is underway caused from a golden alga bloom around the 51 bridge. I was out yesterday and saw a good amount of floating fish. Lets hope its contained and doesnt ruin the spring spawn.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum