Texas Fishing Forum

Cypress Springs

Posted By: Rippinlips4

Cypress Springs - 02/03/21 06:36 PM

Anybody been out fishing Lake Cypress Springs in East Texas? Headed out there tomorrow and trying to pattern the fish before I head out.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Cypress Springs - 02/03/21 06:42 PM

good luck, i havent been since the grass left.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Cypress Springs - 02/03/21 07:09 PM

lake &hit Pit! Homeowners have turned it into a subpar fishery due to the lack of vegetation. thank the Franklin County Water District and TPWD for appeasing their grass carp requests. MORONS!
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Cypress Springs - 02/03/21 08:28 PM

drive an extra 15mins and go fish Bob sandlin, imo its a better overall fishery. Just make sure you look up in the search bar if you decide that route and find the maps showing the safe areas to run. As for cypress, it was an easy fishery 20-25 years ago, now its barren and overrun by spots... can probably pull up to any main lake point with a drop shot and catch a few... Other than that its covered in docks and you can catch them with plastics
Posted By: bassnman

Re: Cypress Springs - 02/03/21 08:31 PM

There are still fish in the lake. And it is a good lake to fish when its windy which tomorrow will be. I haven't been this year but would recommend main lake points early in the day venturing into coves later in the day as the water warms. Maybe even the shallow ends in the afternoon since it will be a continuing warming trend. It is supposed to be in the 70s tomorrow. There are lots of brushpiles that are good so use your electronics. Wish I had more to share. Good luck.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Cypress Springs - 02/03/21 08:59 PM

The tourney results have been really bad over the last few weeks so guessing the normal stuff isn't working. I've actually been catching pretty good size each time out with some decent numbers. Just have had to really fish slow for me to get bit and that was before the water temps got into the 40's. If I don't fish the little tourney coming to the lake this Saturday I will post some info next week about how I've been catching them.

Re: Cypress Springs - 02/03/21 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Chris G
The tourney results have been really bad over the last few weeks so guessing the normal stuff isn't working. I've actually been catching pretty good size each time out with some decent numbers. Just have had to really fish slow for me to get bit and that was before the water temps got into the 40's. If I don't fish the little tourney coming to the lake this Saturday I will post some info next week about how I've been catching them.

Media bass is there on the 13th as well
Posted By: White Oak Skeeter

Re: Cypress Springs - 02/03/21 09:50 PM

drop shot and squarebills on docks for numbers usually works. Normally catch 25 plus tiny little spots with the occasional 3-4lb largemouth.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Cypress Springs - 02/04/21 04:52 AM

The dam always seems to hold some fish. Drop shot, shaky head and crankbaits all work. Switch off until you find what they want.
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Cypress Springs - 02/04/21 05:46 AM

What a shame. It went from a great lake with beautiful grass and clear water to a murky mess overrun with wakeboard boats. I bet the idiots who insisted on killing all the vegetation wonder where their clear water went.
Posted By: Statton48

Re: Cypress Springs - 02/05/21 01:02 AM

Put your head down and skip jigs with a 3/8 jig and 1/4oz tx rig..... you’ll get bit and have 13-15lbs easily. If you want the kicker, you’ll have to know some of the off shore spots and work for them
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Cypress Springs - 02/05/21 02:03 AM

Skip what
Posted By: cjbles

Re: Cypress Springs - 02/05/21 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by UTDmiller
drive an extra 15mins and go fish Bob sandlin, imo its a better overall fishery. Just make sure you look up in the search bar if you decide that route and find the maps showing the safe areas to run. As for cypress, it was an easy fishery 20-25 years ago, now its barren and overrun by spots... can probably pull up to any main lake point with a drop shot and catch a few... Other than that its covered in docks and you can catch them with plastics

I did a search. Can anyone help with where I can find the "route/maps" for Bob Sandlin you speak of?
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Cypress Springs - 02/05/21 04:29 AM

Bob sandlin is attached to cypress, what route are you looking for?
Posted By: 361V

Re: Cypress Springs - 02/05/21 05:20 AM

JGbles, there is literally only an earth dam between the reservoirs. Lake Monticello is also separated from Bob Sandlin by an earth dam. All are just south of Mt. Vernon and Mt. Pleasant on I30 in NE Texas: [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: fordnut

Re: Cypress Springs - 02/05/21 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by cjbles

I did a search. Can anyone help with where I can find the "route/maps" for Bob Sandlin you speak of?

Is this what you are looking for?

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?hl=en_US&mid=1mPsPn-QC_xiHkU8eqdklU2AznLw&ll=33.05303139544025%2C-95.07678075000001&z=14

Re: Cypress Springs - 02/05/21 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by outfishdya
Bob sandlin is attached to cypress, what route are you looking for?

Heading to Bob Sandlin, I've been there once about 3 years ago and stayed north. Don't know the lake at all but see on Navionics map that there are a lot of trees and UTDMiller quoted "Just make sure you look up in the search bar if you decide that route and find the maps showing the safe areas to run". Looking for a map showing the safe areas.

Thanks,
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Cypress Springs - 02/05/21 02:31 PM

fordnut posted the map location.
Posted By: Rippinlips4

Re: Cypress Springs - 02/05/21 03:29 PM

Let’s us know how you do!
Posted By: 1Champion

Re: Cypress Springs - 02/05/21 05:42 PM

If you decide to fish cypress, I would fish the north bank west of the 115 bridge, 1/2 way back.
Throw a black and blue swim jig.
If not there way up north end of panther.

Re: Cypress Springs - 02/05/21 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by fordnut

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?hl=en_US&mid=1mPsPn-QC_xiHkU8eqdklU2AznLw&ll=33.05303139544025%2C-95.07678075000001&z=14

This is what i was referencing, it has marked a safe way to run below the railroad bridge, essentially bridge to bridge stay in the middle of the lake

Re: Cypress Springs - 02/06/21 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by fordnut

This is what i was referencing, it has marked a safe way to run below the railroad bridge, essentially bridge to bridge stay in the middle of the lake

Thanks!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum