Texas Fishing Forum

Those lakes are gonna warm up today!

Posted By: Okie Poke

Those lakes are gonna warm up today! - 01/30/21 08:34 PM

I bet you could catch ‘em on a Jerkbait late this afternoon on north banks with this 77 degree day and 40mph wind. I know I’m not brave enough. Surely nobody is fishin* today......If they didn’t cancel Toyota Series on Rayburn, I pray that everyone comes off the lake safely. Man, it’s howling out there!
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Those lakes are gonna warm up today! - 01/30/21 08:40 PM

Okie, I don't know if I'm just not as tough as I used to be or if I am just not as mad attum as I used to be but it's not blowing at all here in my living room right now.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Those lakes are gonna warm up today! - 01/30/21 09:13 PM

I have found a nice cove blocking the wind here in front of my man cave. Hard to tie hair jigs with the window open though
Posted By: wh2004

Re: Those lakes are gonna warm up today! - 01/30/21 10:13 PM

I got up at 7am to go and it was already blowing 20 mph. I did not go. lol
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Those lakes are gonna warm up today! - 01/30/21 10:27 PM

It' has been a very mild winter so far. Looking at the long range forecast for the South Central Texas area the over all winter picture is a mild winter. thumb

Side Note: What we really need here in South Central Texas is RAIN, and a lot of it! de
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Those lakes are gonna warm up today! - 01/30/21 10:36 PM

With nights in the 30s I wouldn't go putting swim trunks on just yet
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Those lakes are gonna warm up today! - 01/30/21 11:18 PM

It always seems like we try to rush spring. I have a tournament so I'll be out there tomorrow, but I'm not looking forward to battling the wind even on a small lake.
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: Those lakes are gonna warm up today! - 01/31/21 12:42 AM

I fished most of the day but it was pretty tough. I really put the Ultrex to the test today. I caught a few in 15ft to 18ft on a c-rig and caught a few in a foot of water punching grass mats and brush. Water temp was 54 when I left.
Posted By: prosise

Re: Those lakes are gonna warm up today! - 01/31/21 01:18 AM

Left at 5:45 turned around when the rain started, tinkered in the garage until 9. Launched @ 9:30 and fished all day torturing the new trolling motor. One bite and planted two trees.. Was wicked rough on my little lake, and I stayed sheltered just behind the main lake points. Swells in grapevine lake were wicked, couldn't even imagine what they were like on a big lake. Definitely a day to test drive a new boat. Spot lock in 25-30 mph winds test passed, might have to turn in my man card as I got a little queasy in the back seat.. Batteries flexed harder today than they ever had. Will be interesting to see footage from a tournament in the wind we had today.

Grapevine lake water temp 48 in main lake.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Those lakes are gonna warm up today! - 01/31/21 01:31 AM

There was 4-6 boats out on Lake Bridgeoort today. Saw them on the water near the bridge and parked at the ramp.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Those lakes are gonna warm up today! - 01/31/21 01:58 AM

Fairfield was busy today too. Even saw a couple kayaks.
Posted By: BROWNING STRONG

Re: Those lakes are gonna warm up today! - 01/31/21 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Fairfield was busy today too. Even saw a couple kayaks.

Catch any fish ?
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Those lakes are gonna warm up today! - 01/31/21 02:44 AM

I decided against going today because of the weather / wind forecast. cheers
Posted By: JPeel

Re: Those lakes are gonna warm up today! - 01/31/21 03:39 AM

I was in my yak on Palestine today, launched at flat creek marina, fished halfway back in flat creek. Windy, rainy, and then windy A F! Caught one. [Linked Image]
Posted By: prosise

Re: Those lakes are gonna warm up today! - 01/31/21 03:53 AM

Dadgum, that is a nice fish. Way to go.... All I caught besides a catfish on a crankbait was my broke off carolina rig.

Prosise

Posted By: Doulos DRA

Re: Those lakes are gonna warm up today! - 01/31/21 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by prosise
Dadgum, that is a nice fish. Way to go.... All I caught besides a catfish on a crankbait was my broke off carolina rig.

Prosise

Pretty cool! only would've been better if it still had a fish on!
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Those lakes are gonna warm up today! - 01/31/21 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Ken A.
Okie, I don't know if I'm just not as tough as I used to be or if I am just not as mad attum as I used to be but it's not blowing at all here in my living room right now.

Sitting here looking at Travis and not a leaf blowing on the trees outside my window. Dang it!
Posted By: buda13

Re: Those lakes are gonna warm up today! - 01/31/21 05:09 PM

I fished 5 hours or so in the afternoon. Saw a couple other boats out there giving it hell too. Had 4 keepers and one dink, tried like heck to get that 5th keeper but never found her. Was a good January day fishing in shorts with my puppy dog, didn’t catch anything over 4.5 lbs but all were solid chunks.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum