Texas Fishing Forum

Baccarac in the morning

Posted By: Happykamper

Baccarac in the morning - 01/26/21 01:40 AM

Well darn it, headed to mexico for some bass fishing and maybe a few margaritas, you boys have fun around here. grin
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/26/21 01:53 AM

Wish I could go with you!

Good luck and feel free to brag when you get back!

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/26/21 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by Tommar

Been a long time since i been to mexico bass fishing, last time was Comedero in the 90's, looking forward to it, no bragging unless i get one over 10.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/26/21 04:09 AM

Take lots of pictures and keep us up to date! cheers
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/26/21 06:08 AM

So jealous!!! Be safe sir!
Posted By: WCLBASS

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/26/21 10:33 AM

Hope you have a great time and catch a bunch

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/26/21 11:07 AM

We are going to Baccarac on Jackson Bean's recommendation, he helped us get all lined out, thank you Jackson. There is a slight possibility I could catch Covid and have to quarantine at the lake, that would just be terrible laugh
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/26/21 11:18 AM

Hope you have a GREAT trip! Stay safe and catch a bunch of fish. cheers
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/26/21 12:17 PM

Good luck! Share some Mexico bass pics when you return...
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/26/21 12:44 PM

bolt Well Bye
Posted By: mcb

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/26/21 02:14 PM

Wow...enjoy Roger!
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/26/21 02:17 PM

Don't let Waller know until you get there I pissed in his tackle bag. Ya'll have fun
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/26/21 02:55 PM

cheers
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/26/21 03:39 PM

Have a great, safe trip.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/26/21 04:23 PM

Well if it’s not me going I guess it might as well be you! (Jealous)
Posted By: Rockie Martin

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/26/21 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Happykamper
We are going to Baccarac on Jackson Bean's recommendation, he helped us get all lined out, thank you Jackson. There is a slight possibility I could catch Covid and have to quarantine at the lake, that would just be terrible laugh

Good luck! I will be there Friday as long as I get a negative Covid test...
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/27/21 04:37 AM

Be prepared to be In isolation and no fishing. Those outfitters are taking it very serious and not a chance will risk their guides or their crew. Also hope you get a negative test to get back if you have not already had it. We ended up cancelling. Was suppose to leave Friday.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/27/21 02:49 PM

They have a Dr. coming to camp to give them test before coming back

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/27/21 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger1
They have a Dr. coming to camp to give them test before coming back

We should be good on everything..... Fishing is lights out right now....
Posted By: WLBDallas

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/27/21 06:54 PM

Best hope to not get COVID, if you had severe symptoms in Mexico, my guess is you'd be coming home in a pine box.

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/28/21 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by WLBDallas
Best hope to not get COVID, if you had severe symptoms in Mexico, my guess is you'd be coming home in a pine box.

I just got finished with Covid so I am good....

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/28/21 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Tommar

Been a long time since i been to mexico bass fishing, last time was Comedero in the 90's, looking forward to it, no bragging unless i get one over 10.

Which outfitter are you guys fishing with?
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/28/21 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Rockie Martin
Originally Posted by WLBDallas

I just got finished with Covid so I am good....

Well unless you catch the Rona again. gumshoe

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/28/21 03:29 AM

I hope not....
Posted By: 361V

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/28/21 07:35 AM

Aren’t you glad you posted your good fortune on here so you could get educated as to a pandemic that has been worldwide for over a year now? You probably were not aware.Thinking a health OPINION forum wasn’t what you were trolling for? Pretty sure you have already considered everything and made your educated decision? 🤔😳🤪 Go live life and have fun....ya, I’m jealous!
Posted By: lunker777

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/28/21 12:50 PM

Good luck fellas, hope you catch a bunch of fish & drink many margaritas. Both are FUN.
Posted By: Debra Hengst

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/28/21 12:57 PM

Rockie, I'm going to post this in case anyone is looking for a trip in the next month. Carlos has a few openings left for February and March the fishing is insane down there right now !

http://bacurato.com/contact-us/

Debra cool

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/28/21 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Debra Hengst

Rockie, I'm going to post this in case anyone is looking for a trip in the next month. Carlos has a few openings left for February and March the fishing is insane down there right now !

Debra cool

Thanks Debra... We are fishing with Carlos. Looking forward to getting there tomorrow
Posted By: Debra Hengst

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/29/21 02:41 AM

Debra cool

Thanks Debra... We are fishing with Carlos. Looking forward to getting there tomorrow

Rockie, I thought you were. You will have the best time, enjoy !

Debra cool

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/29/21 03:36 AM

Debra cool

Debra cool

Debra cool

Debra cool

Thank you... I will do a full report when I get back. Bucket list trip for me and I am excited...
Posted By: Jersey Dan

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/29/21 12:58 PM

I'm at Baccarac now. One week down, one more to go. Fishing is 10/10 right now. Give Carlos Oliveras a call if you are looking to come down. I rank this lake one or two levels above Falcon in it's prime.
Posted By: Black Dallas

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/30/21 04:07 PM

got some buddys down there right now. havent heard anything yet

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/30/21 09:48 PM

Well we just got back a few minutes ago, we had zero issues with any covid stuff, we did have a doctor give us a test a couple of days ago, I also had one the day before we left. Baccarac Lodge is a very fine organization, I met the owner one night, i was moaning a little about how sore by back was from throwing 10 XD's all day, he brought me to his room and put me in his personal massage chair, what a big time relief, thank you Terry !! We caught on average about 60-80 fish a day, some did quite a bit better but i think they were going for numbers versus size. I had two 8's, two 7's. four 6's, and numerous 4-5's. I only heard of one double digit being caught out of the 20 or so anglers that was at the lodge while we were there. We pretty much fished all off shore stuff with the big cranks and jigs, the guides were all good, the staff was good, accommodations were 5 star, food was ok. One group was supposed to go home tomorrow but the pilot informed them that he could not pick them up because of the strong winds, they are staying another day and fishing at no additional cost, another group was supposed to be coming in as well, their trip was delayed a day, that landing today was a bit western, 40 mph cross winds, little bit of a pucker factor when you are looking down the run way and the nose of the plane is pointing another direction. Great trip, highly recommend it.

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/30/21 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by black dallas
got some buddys down there right now. havent heard anything yet

I met your buddies, great guys, they get to stay an extra day because of the high winds, we know a lot of the same people, i grew up in Muenster and used to run with several of those Nocona boys.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/30/21 10:53 PM

Sounds like a wonderful time you had. Always good to get away and glad it was a safe trip.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 01/31/21 12:54 PM

Sounds like a good time Roger. Glad y'all made it home safely.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Baccarac in the morning - 02/02/21 12:20 AM

No pressure at all! Keep us posted....

And just to be clear, the negative test is required by the operator of the vessel (airplane) and let's just say that it wouldn't keep anyone from coming back home in this particular case.

And that's all I can say about that..... bolt

Edit..... Didn't see the page 2. hammer Glad you guys had a good trip. Terry can thread a needle in his Baron but those cross winds are no fun. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum