Texas Fishing Forum

Livescope clarity issue

Posted By: mhall1986

Livescope clarity issue - 01/25/21 01:17 AM

Finally got the boat out after installing the livescope setup. I've got a 93uhd and the transducer is mounted on the shaft of the trolling motor. I updated all of the software while I was out on the water and I was able to get a decent picture, but it there were some things on the screen I don't think should be there. I wasn't able to pick my lure up very well out past 15 feet and there is a radius visible on the screen. All the videos I've watched show a much clearer view.
I adjusted all of the settings but was still unable to get a good view of my lure. Anybody else have a similar issue or know what is causing it.

Attached picture 20210124_172936.jpg
Attached picture 20210124_160751.jpg
Attached picture 20210124_160749.jpg
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Livescope clarity issue - 01/25/21 01:34 AM

Ghost tree, been thousands of threads on various forums on it.
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Livescope clarity issue - 01/25/21 01:41 AM

Just by looking @ your setup transducer looks tilted to much....turn your TVG off will help a lot seeing your lure, back your gain back to around 72%....I run mine on the other side of the TM where it runs flat to me gets a better pic. You will have a ghost tree if you want your setting to be right and video fish.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Livescope clarity issue - 01/25/21 01:49 AM

Been using Live scope for 6 weeks or so and I have gotten to where I can finally get a few decent images. Here is one from yesterday,

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Livescope clarity issue - 01/25/21 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
Been using Live scope for 6 weeks or so and I have gotten to where I can finally get a few decent images. Here is one from yesterday,

[Linked Image]

Hahahaha
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Livescope clarity issue - 01/25/21 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

[Linked Image]

You should Bern a crakbait through there.....
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Livescope clarity issue - 01/25/21 02:35 AM

Your gain is too high.

Why is your ducer so high? Mines 2” above the motor when I had it on the shaft. Now it’s on the side of my motor.
Posted By: mhall1986

Re: Livescope clarity issue - 01/25/21 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa
Your gain is too high.

Why is your ducer so high? Mines 2” above the motor when I had it on the shaft. Now it’s on the side of my motor.

That was going to be my follow up question. Is it better to mount the transducer on the shaft or the barrel of the trolling motor?

Also, are there any guides or anyone knowledgeable with the Livescope units around Conroe that may be able to help me get it dialed in?
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Livescope clarity issue - 01/25/21 04:24 AM

I can help you right here.

It’s not better lower but you can’t raise your motor up like you have it for shallow water.

Set the gain between 60-74 manually set the depth. Set your range at 35 at first if your having trouble see your bait. Throw a spinner bait or a rig so you can see how fast your retrieve is and get used to where it’s going to show up.

Generally my bait appears at 30’ unless it’s a big deep diver or a rig etc.
Posted By: the fishing doctor

Re: Livescope clarity issue - 01/25/21 05:08 AM

Watch this video: https://youtu.be/8SjxesbJtuk
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Livescope clarity issue - 01/25/21 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by the fishing doctor

Wow! I don't have Garmin and Livescope, but that's a great watch!
Power-Packed with great information. Waiting for 'Birds version, I'm sure this will be of help at some point.
Posted By: capt grumpy

Re: Livescope clarity issue - 01/25/21 03:08 PM

good info
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum