Texas Fishing Forum

Choke Canyon Lodging

Posted By: Spyder_Jig

Choke Canyon Lodging - 01/21/21 05:21 PM

Hey TFF. Looking for advice on the best/safest place to stay around Choke Canyon. Appreciate any/all suggestions. Thanks!
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Choke Canyon Lodging - 01/21/21 05:38 PM

Be more worried about punching a hole in your hull, than safety around the lake.

Choke Canyon lodge
Kickin Bass Cabins
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Choke Canyon Lodging - 01/21/21 05:40 PM

Choke Canyon Lodge (361)786-3999. You will not be disappointed. Covered boat parking and you can all of your tackle on your boat and not have to worry about it.
Posted By: Spyder_Jig

Re: Choke Canyon Lodging - 01/21/21 06:01 PM

Thanks guys. Whats the comment about poking a hole in your hull about? Lots of timber and hard to run I presume?
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Choke Canyon Lodging - 01/21/21 06:21 PM

Just at the level now that it’s dangerous. One of the guides punched a hole in his hull the other day and he runs the lake everyday. It was fairly safe 2’ ago, now it’s a bit more white knuckle if you know how many trees are really below you. I’m sure Rayburn/Fork/etc are still more dangerous though.
Posted By: Medinalakeguy

Re: Choke Canyon Lodging - 01/21/21 06:26 PM

I like LUXX Inn in town, can't beat the value. Pretty sure each room has a fridge, stove top, microwave, and dishwasher. Best part is it's been like $56 a night for a two queen bed room. The manager Frank is very nice and welcoming to sportsman.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Choke Canyon Lodging - 01/21/21 07:56 PM

Choke canyon lodge, just be sure to tell them no smelly woman perfume in the room, they go overboard on the AirWick and yankee candle
Posted By: STX_bassin

Re: Choke Canyon Lodging - 01/22/21 01:48 AM

Choke Canyon lodge. Just got back from a couple nights there. Top notch pace in my opinion. Covered boat parking, nice rooms and a nice outdoor kitchen.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum