Texas Fishing Forum

Live scope or power poles

Posted By: karaider00

Live scope or power poles - 01/17/21 03:03 AM

If you had the 3000-4000 laying around which would you buy first and why?
Posted By: TwoLakes

Re: Live scope or power poles - 01/17/21 03:17 AM

I had power poles and no live scope on my last boat. I have live scope and no power poles on this boat. I don't miss the power poles because I have an ultrex and I'm trying to learn to fish deep water most of the time. So, for me, I would go live scope before power poles.

I like to crappie fish in the winter and bass fish in the spring-fall.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Live scope or power poles - 01/17/21 10:09 AM

livescope, whole lot more useful vs poles.
Posted By: JPower6

Re: Live scope or power poles - 01/17/21 02:26 PM

I have both and I would say it depends on how you fish. If you tend to stay shallow - less than 8 feet I would say Poles all day long (Get dual poles - single pole just doesn't work) . I just don't use Livescope when I fish shallow as it really doesn't work well (down view). I will say I have not tried with the new mount in perspective view to see how that would work. The poles really help with the wind when you roll up to a line or a secondary point that you want to fish and you don't want that trolling motor working to keep you in that spot.. Now if you fish deeper water more often, well that answers your question since poles are no play in over 6 foot or so. Livescope is a great tool as it does help you select spots faster in deeper water, it is simply amazing. If you fish crappie at all, you will be able to pick them off clean - lol... If you go the livescope route, check out TheBassTank dot com. I found this site based on a fishthemoment video and those guys are great to talk with and will give you their honest opinions to help make your selection - they offer many bundles which save on total cost. They actually had a Garmin Refurb bundle that I went with and saved me probably a good 500 bucks. In the end, if I had to give up one, I think I would keep my poles over livescope, but I would probably change my mind every winter when I tend to fish deeper or on the days that I am missing them - smile

Best of luck!
Posted By: karaider00

Re: Live scope or power poles - 01/17/21 02:58 PM

Yea if it wasn’t for March April tournament it would be an easy decision on the live scope. The fact that all of the tournaments are in March and April is the only thing that keeps me looking at poles.
Posted By: Outdoordude

Re: Live scope or power poles - 01/17/21 05:56 PM

Livescope by a wide margin.
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Live scope or power poles - 01/17/21 05:57 PM

Live scope
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Live scope or power poles - 01/17/21 10:26 PM

it depends on how you fish honestly if you never fish deep then poles would be worth it in the texas wind... they are priceless when bed fishing being able to stay in one spot lol honeslty I would recommend spot lock if you are fishing deep because live scope is cool and all but a basic sonar will get the job done I was catching them drop shotting below the boat with a gen 1 hds...
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Live scope or power poles - 01/18/21 02:03 PM

I would not want to give up either but if I was forced to i would go with livescope and a spot lock motor ( ghost )
Posted By: northdallasfisherman

Re: Live scope or power poles - 01/18/21 06:45 PM

Live scope and spot lock
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum