Texas Fishing Forum

Fiberglass repair

Posted By: billynjuls

Fiberglass repair - 01/15/21 12:03 AM

Who’s the best fiberglass repair place around DFW? When I first got my boat I was at Hubbard and there was a pipe laying down on a bank really shallow that had wind blowing hard on it. I know I went over it, but didn’t realize it took it down to the fibers. Was wondering why I always had water coming out of drain plug. One more hit on that area and the boat would have maybe sunk. If they offer military discount, even better, but quality is number one. It’s about the size of a grapefruit.

Billy
Posted By: Lynn

Re: Fiberglass repair - 01/15/21 12:14 AM

Classic Fiberglass in Sanger, ask for Chris.
Posted By: TDR2

Re: Fiberglass repair - 01/15/21 12:15 AM

Classic Fiberglass.

Re: Fiberglass repair - 01/15/21 12:16 AM

Thanks. That’s a good little haul from Rockwall, but 2 recommendations already is good.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Fiberglass repair - 01/15/21 02:34 PM

I'd add Classic Fiberglass as well and they are a board sponsor. cheers
Posted By: tejasbass

Re: Fiberglass repair - 01/15/21 03:40 PM

Classic for sure...
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Fiberglass repair - 01/15/21 03:50 PM

Classic is good. Lake Fork Fiberglass too.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Fiberglass repair - 01/15/21 04:04 PM

Classic Fiberglass and Vic's Marine (Vic's is in Rowlett), are both really good shops
Posted By: cg203

Re: Fiberglass repair - 01/15/21 10:50 PM

I had really good luck with Johnson Fiberglass in Burleson
Posted By: TX Bass Ninja

Re: Fiberglass repair - 01/15/21 11:17 PM

If you want it down and done right Classic Fiberglass is the only place your boat needs to go.

Re: Fiberglass repair - 01/16/21 06:06 PM

I ended up taking it to Johnson Fiberglass in Burleson. I grew up there and my parents still live there. I went to school with the original owner. I told him I'm OCD with my boat and he said they've been doing it for 23 years and you'll never tell it ever happened. I'll post before/after pictures.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum