Texas Fishing Forum

Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021

Posted By: KenTx1962

Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/12/21 03:07 PM

Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/12/21 03:41 PM

I've always said, if i ever switch back to a bass boat its going to be a Lynx.
Posted By: tsubrett

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/12/21 07:30 PM

I love my lynx with 300. No regrets at all.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/12/21 08:08 PM

weird layout, I'm going to say he won't be in this boat
Posted By: DavidnTex

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/12/21 08:09 PM

I wouldn't want that boat, but I appreciate some of the thoughtful innovations it has. Prefer the traditional layouts more.
Posted By: hogbus

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/12/21 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by tsubrett

Same here, for me it is the best on the water. The 300 makes it a rocket.. Can’t wait to see how he scores it.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/12/21 09:36 PM

Nice review. thumb
Posted By: BassKarma

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/12/21 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

Of course he’s not going to get this boat. He is going to get a Phoenix 921 pro XP just like his idol Newberry.
Posted By: BASSCATONE

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/12/21 09:58 PM

Well, I dont know what he is gonna get but I can't believe there was not a comment of where the plug for the charger is....I would like to see how Phil reaches it!
Posted By: toddfish

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/13/21 12:55 AM

Good video. And I have broken one of my wires trying to force the pin back in the swingaway tongue. I currently run a Pantera ll, but the Lynx would be my ultimate boat. Interested to see what he scores it.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/13/21 12:55 AM

I bet a big old boy like me could easily fit behind the wheel of one of those bad boys! banana
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/13/21 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by hogbus

Same here, for me it is the best on the water. The 300 makes it a rocket.. Can’t wait to see how he scores it.

Depends on what your definition of "Rocket" is.. wink

Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/13/21 03:02 PM

Great video Ken. Looking forward to the next one.
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/13/21 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Ken A.
Originally Posted by hogbus

Depends on what your definition of "Rocket" is.. wink

Now that's hauling the mail...

Nice video Ken... Dan
thumb woot

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/13/21 07:34 PM

bolt
Posted By: Barn

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/13/21 08:53 PM

Looks like I found my next Kitty. BTW, I hear there is a going to be new BassCat dealer in DFW. wink
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/13/21 08:59 PM

Lynx is a great boat. I didn’t understand the compartment designs until I fished out of one...it’s set up right
Posted By: LFA17

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/13/21 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by BassKarma

Of course he’s not going to get this boat. He is going to get a Phoenix 921 pro XP just like his idol Newberry.

You read my mind, but it's fun seeing a salesman getting a lot of pub for his you tube deals.

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/13/21 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by McLovin’
Lynx is a great boat. I didn’t understand the compartment designs until I fished out of one...it’s set up right

They do look weird and until he explained them on the video I probably would have looked at it and said "No Bueno!" and kept looking. cheers

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/13/21 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by BassKarma

Na, I thinking he's leaning towards the Caymas. Rewatch the video on the CX20 and see how he said he's putting off part 2 until he can look at a CX21. If not that then he'll probably stick with what he knows which is a Ranger. Remember he likes big wide body boats.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/13/21 11:24 PM

Ken likes his boats like Moto likes his wimmins......wide body with a stable back end !!!
Posted By: Cmack

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/13/21 11:41 PM

Of everything he's tested so far, I'd lean toward the Phoenix 921ProXP or the Bass Cat Hybrid. I'll hold off judgement on the Lynx until he does the on the water video. I run a Bass Cat so that's speaking pretty highly of the Phoenix.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/14/21 01:36 AM

Where does you tackle go in that boat, it seems very light on storage and the live wells look small, what gallons are they?

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/14/21 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa
Where does you tackle go in that boat, it seems very light on storage and the live wells look small, what gallons are they?

The livewells are bigger and deeper then they look. IIRC the Lynx and Jaguars are about 47 gallons
Posted By: hogbus

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/14/21 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa

The livewells are bigger and deeper then they look. IIRC the Lynx and Jaguars are about 47 gallons

Plenty of room for tackle and it is organized. The center rod box has slots for 3700 on bothe sides and lid. About 8 I think. I put maid caddies in starboard box for easy access and keep hard baits in shallow day box on the bow. Holds twice as much as my puma and easier to organize for me.
Posted By: KenTx1962

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/14/21 05:20 PM

Hey guys couple of thoughts based upon comments above. I still haven't settled on a boat, but I'm getting closer, I do still want to look at the Ballistic but am concerned about lack of dealer access and I really want to look at a Nitro as I think, in general, you can get in one for a better price than most of these and there is great dealer access, well everywhere. I'm curious to drive an Allison but it would really have to be something else for me to move to something so different than what I have historically driven. I saw someone mentioning the Caymus, I just don't think that's my next boat, it reminds me a great deal of a Triton (big surprise right) and I've never been a huge fan of Tritons, not to say they aren't great boats, Moonpie's Triton has a ton of hours on it and still looks like it did when it rolled off the floor, but I'm just not excited about getting that boat. I won't get the BC Hybrid, I won a Champion years ago and fished out of it for a short while, great rough water boats but, as somebody said above, I like big wide boats. I will say the lines in the Lynx standing in the boat are well, different, but the performance as you guys will see is pretty amazing and I understand now why some of the lines are as they are. I will also admit the more I've done this the more I've become enamored with the ability, one the rare occasion I want to, to run well up into the 70's. Which isn't that often, but having been in boats for several years (Ranger's) that generally top out tournament loaded, in the high 60's it would be fun to put the pedal down and smoke guys (as I've been getting smoked for years).
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/14/21 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Barn
Looks like I found my next Kitty. BTW, I hear there is a going to be new BassCat dealer in DFW. wink

Yep and he has ordered his first one (s)

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/14/21 05:55 PM

Ken likes his boats like Moto likes his wimmins......wide body with a stable back end !!!

Reminds me of a popular song! rock
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/14/21 06:23 PM

Ken, w your connections can you look into a DYNO run on a mercury 4 stroke pro xs.

Everyone is propping them to 6100 rpm blindly believing that is the needed rpm. Without out seeing a dyno run and hp curve WE dont actually know if the peak tq and hp is at 5700 or 6100 etc.

I have called Mercury and they have no Dyno info available, just a desired rpm range. Which doesnt tell me or anyone else if the hp starts dropping off at 5500 or what?

I am only turning mine 5700 rpm and have the same performance (mph) as guys turning them to the max... My hole shot is great also. I have tried a few props and gained no speed just hurt my hole shot time.

For example a 2 stroke dirt bike you need to turn it lots of rpm, as they lack tq. A 4 stroke bike has gobs of tq and needs very little rpm due to that.
Posted By: KsChampion198

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/14/21 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by KenTx1962
Hey guys couple of thoughts based upon comments above. I still haven't settled on a boat, but I'm getting closer, I do still want to look at the Ballistic but am concerned about lack of dealer access and I really want to look at a Nitro as I think, in general, you can get in one for a better price than most of these and there is great dealer access, well everywhere. I'm curious to drive an Allison but it would really have to be something else for me to move to something so different than what I have historically driven. I saw someone mentioning the Caymus, I just don't think that's my next boat, it reminds me a great deal of a Triton (big surprise right) and I've never been a huge fan of Tritons, not to say they aren't great boats, Moonpie's Triton has a ton of hours on it and still looks like it did when it rolled off the floor, but I'm just not excited about getting that boat. I won't get the BC Hybrid, I won a Champion years ago and fished out of it for a short while, great rough water boats but, as somebody said above, I like big wide boats. I will say the lines in the Lynx standing in the boat are well, different, but the performance as you guys will see is pretty amazing and I understand now why some of the lines are as they are. I will also admit the more I've done this the more I've become enamored with the ability, one the rare occasion I want to, to run well up into the 70's. Which isn't that often, but having been in boats for several years (Ranger's) that generally top out tournament loaded, in the high 60's it would be fun to put the pedal down and smoke guys (as I've been getting smoked for years).

I'm window shopping for a new rig and I've really enjoyed your videos. Your unbiased opinions have really made sense and you've done alot of homework for me personally based on your videos. If I bought a boat today it would be the Lynx. That or the caracal.
Posted By: Longeye

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/14/21 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by BigDozer66

Reminds me of a popular song! rock

One is Rodney Carrington.. "I like my chicken like I like my women with a little bit a fat on the end"...
Posted By: Alpha199

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/15/21 01:23 AM

My next boat will be a bass cat for sure! Great work on the videos Ken I’ve watched them all and the info you provide is much appreciated.

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/15/21 01:29 AM

Posted By: MMosher

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/16/21 05:06 AM

The live wells are plenty big enough folks. [Linked Image]
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Bass Cat Lynx vid 1 - Great Bass Boat Search 2021 - 01/16/21 04:56 PM

I have ran a Cougar for 13 years and now can't decide on the Lynx or the Eyra, I would want a Mercury 300 on which ever one I choose.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum