Texas Fishing Forum

Austin area boat mechanics

Posted By: fivebites

Austin area boat mechanics - 01/08/21 11:34 PM

Hey Central Texas boys,

Need to do the 100 hour service on my "new to me" boat shortly. Who's doing em and what's the normal charges? Thanks!
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Austin area boat mechanics - 01/09/21 12:23 AM

Texas Boat World is a little up the way from you but they do good work. If it’s a Yamaha buy the 100 hour kit online and I will walk you through everything you need to do it if you’ve never done it.
Posted By: doctorb

Re: Austin area boat mechanics - 01/09/21 02:56 AM

I use Texas Boat world too. Little bit of a drive but it’s not that big of a deal.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Austin area boat mechanics - 01/09/21 03:01 AM

You might check out Parker Marine, I believe they are the same owners as Boerne Marine.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Austin area boat mechanics - 01/09/21 01:44 PM

I've used Parker several times and really like those guys. But...they quoted 4 hours labor to do this job. $500 to do that stuff just seems pretty excessive. I'm not a big DYI guy and usually will let someone who does it on a daily basis handle it. I can change the oil in my truck, but for 8 quarts of full synth and a filter at $59.95 I'd be saving about $6.00 for a half hours worth of work! I'll do that trade! $500 for this? Not so sure. I'll give TBW a shout and ask what they charge. Thanks!
Posted By: angleiron

Re: Austin area boat mechanics - 01/09/21 01:57 PM

What exactly are they doing for you?
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Austin area boat mechanics - 01/09/21 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
You might check out Parker Marine, I believe they are the same owners as Boerne Marine.

Lol, at the pre-edit! cheers

It appears that most shops are $100+ per hour now, fricking hobby’s getting too expensive.
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Austin area boat mechanics - 01/09/21 04:05 PM

$500 for a 100 hour service is about right from a dealer. A shade tree mechanic would do it for a little over half.
I, like you would like it done for less. I have a couple trusted mechanics who work on Mercury engines up here that can do it, read the computer and I have confidence in.
Good luck with your search.
Posted By: Liebers Dad

Re: Austin area boat mechanics - 01/09/21 04:09 PM

Kenny Klein at Klein marine in G-town is the ONLY person I trust with my '93 Skeeter. He's honest (brutally sometimes), fair and easy to deal with. ALso usualyl pretty quick.
Posted By: Amberlamps

Re: Austin area boat mechanics - 01/09/21 09:45 PM

+1 texas boat world. Those guys are awesome to work with
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Austin area boat mechanics - 01/09/21 10:41 PM

Another for Texas boat world.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum