Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance Active Target Delays

Posted By: Houston Basscat

Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/07/21 05:12 PM

I ordered the new Lowrance Active Target System from Russell Marine Products. The shipment has been delayed and now they are being told, "Hopefully mid-January."
Has anyone else, (besides sponsored pro's ) received their units?
Thanks!
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/07/21 05:37 PM

Flashbacks of the Motorguide trolling motor release. grin
Posted By: GarySHO

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/07/21 05:49 PM

I know sponsored pros that don"t have them yet.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/07/21 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by GarySHO
I know sponsored pros that don"t have them yet.

gumshoe
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/07/21 07:45 PM

No idea either also ordered from Russell Marine. Do not like this type of marketing where they cannot quote an accurate ship date. No doubt russell marine and others are just guessing based on what they are being told.

Heck may sell my boat by the time this thing ships.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/07/21 11:55 PM

Ok. I’ll pay $1600 for one this week.
Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/08/21 12:06 AM

Happens every time with new releases these days. Word spreads infinitely faster now and their marketing outpaces production.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/08/21 12:21 AM

It was a marketing ploy that worked perfectly for them, release details right before Black Friday to keep buyers from getting Garmins and livescope. Claim a late December delivery date, “just in time for Christmas”...and then have nothing to really sell until March. Bravo Lowrance, you got them!
Posted By: mudd

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/08/21 01:44 AM

Most likely February
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/08/21 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
It was a marketing ploy that worked perfectly for them, release details right before Black Friday to keep buyers from getting Garmins and livescope. Claim a late December delivery date, “just in time for Christmas”...and then have nothing to really sell until March. Bravo Lowrance, you got them!

If this is true, Hummingbird will probably not be available until 22

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/08/21 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by outfishdya

Or they might not have lied about the real release date. But I did see where one guy did receive his AT, but he ordered directly from Navico.
Posted By: Jig-N-Spoon

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/09/21 12:18 PM

Could this delayed release have anything to do with BASS delaying the Classic from March to June and with it the Expo where a lot of new stuff is introduced?
Posted By: goodman_fishing

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/09/21 01:05 PM

COVID is still running wild throughout the world and is impacting operations, maufacturing and logistics. We're still amid a pandemic, folks.

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/09/21 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jig-N-Spoon
Could this delayed release have anything to do with BASS delaying the Classic from March to June and with it the Expo where a lot of new stuff is introduced?

No.

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/09/21 03:33 PM

Seems it all depends on where you ordered it from. 1 guy ordered from navico and got his and another ordered from cabelas and his shipped already.

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/09/21 08:54 PM

Seems it all depends on where you ordered it from. 1 guy ordered from navico and got his and another ordered from cabelas and his shipped already.

Only manufacturers and certain retail places are always gonna have first. Until there orders are completely filled no one else will have there’s
Posted By: Dougw1515

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/10/21 01:49 AM

PowerPole Charge still hold the record! ~3 years from announcement to roll-out!

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/10/21 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Dougw1515

PowerPole Charge still hold the record! ~3 years from announcement to roll-out!

Forgot about that debacle.
Posted By: cjbles

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/10/21 10:28 PM

How did he order from Cabelas? It's not even listed on the Bass Pro or Cabelas website.

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/10/21 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by cjbles

How did he order from Cabelas? It's not even listed on the Bass Pro or Cabelas website.

Not Navico either.

I won another tourney yesterday. This money is burning a hole in my pocket.

Someone sell me an Active Target. I’ll pay $1700 today for one now.

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/10/21 11:49 PM

I looked at their site yesterday and it was there, when I read your post I went to the cabelas page, to copy the link (thinking that maybe you might be a little bit dumb). Well sure as heck, it’s not there today. Was there yesterday, out of stock and the entire thing is gone today??? hmmm

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/10/21 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Not Navico either.

I won another tourney yesterday. This money is burning a hole in my pocket.

Someone sell me an Active Target. I’ll pay $1700 today for one now.

Here it is on the navico page, out of stock too. You boys aren’t finding one anytime soon, should have ordered when it was announced. I don’t think your $200 offer will sway anyone, $500 might.

https://www.lowrance.com/lowrance/type/sonar-transducers/activetarget

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/10/21 11:54 PM

This is the guy that ordered from Navico.

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/10/21 11:57 PM

Here it is on the navico page, out of stock too. You boys aren’t finding one anytime soon, should have ordered when it was announced.

Well. They should make more. Haha.

I ordered a Ghost back in spring. I finally cancelled that order a couple months ago. Seems they only make 45” and 60”. I have a 45” Ultrex. Don’t want a 45” Ghost and can’t use a 60”. The middle size is still on “back
Order” ....

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/10/21 11:59 PM

But...Lowrance is what they are. I felt I got lucky the day I found two Carbons for sale from the same place on the same day.

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/11/21 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Here it is on the navico page, out of stock too. You boys aren’t finding one anytime soon, should have ordered when it was announced.

Well. They should make more. Haha.

I ordered a Ghost back in spring. I finally cancelled that order a couple months ago. Seems they only make 45” and 60”. I have a 45” Ultrex. Don’t want a 45” Ghost and can’t use a 60”. The middle size is still on “back
Order” ....

I think they jumped the gun on announcing it, my theory is that they did it to stop guys from getting garmins & LS for Christmas. There’s lots of guys waiting for it to be released, a couple have done what you did and canceled their order.
I don’t know if Covid is the issue or if they just sold more than they expected too.

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/11/21 07:27 PM

I looked at their site yesterday and it was there, when I read your post I went to the cabelas page, to copy the link (thinking that maybe you might be a little bit dumb). Well sure as heck, it’s not there today. Was there yesterday, out of stock and the entire thing is gone today??? hmmm

Well, it’s back on Cabelas page again. They briefly had some in stock and then sold out. I need to catch some in inventory so I can resell them to guys like Steez.

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/11/21 07:28 PM

Well, it’s back on Cabela page again. They briefly had some in stock and then sold out. I need to catch some in inventory so I can resell them to guys like Steez.

It would work...I’m getting tired of looking.

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/14/21 02:40 AM

Ok guys, new batch in stock. Better order right now if you want one.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/lowrance-activetarget-live-sonar
Posted By: Clark Reehm

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/14/21 06:01 AM

I know the Bass Pro Shops in Bossier City got a shipment of 40 in yesterday(Wednesday). 22 of them were spoken for by guys on the waiting list. I bought 4 for guys that got me the money right before closing when I found out they had them and I know that several other guys went ahead and placed orders and paid for them to get curbside pickup this weekend. They have several more left. My buddy at HW Marine in Shreveport told me that he has several coming very soon as well. I know Michael Yoder at Jones Trolling Motor in Texarkana is expecting some any day now as well. I think he ordered 10 but has 4 not claimed and available.
Posted By: danceswithbass

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/15/21 06:36 PM

I got an email today from Russell Marine saying a batch has shipped to them from Lowrance, and they will start shipping them out FIFO next week starting with the Dec 4th preorders and moving forward from there. They also mentioned they did not get the quantity in this first shipment that they wanted

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/15/21 10:29 PM

I should have mine next week hopefully also
Posted By: bassnman

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/16/21 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by danceswithbass
I got an email today from Russell Marine saying a batch has shipped to them from Lowrance, and they will start shipping them out FIFO next week starting with the Dec 4th preorders and moving forward from there. They also mentioned they did not get the quantity in this first shipment that they wanted

Which means mine is probably delayed again. Aaarghh!!

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/17/21 02:18 AM

Now their saying Mid-February. Hopefully it’s not longer.
Posted By: bassnman

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/21/21 04:56 PM

just got another delay email from RMP. bang

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/21/21 05:26 PM

Yup, got that email too. Now, they are backing off the mid February and saying "hopefully" February for the 2nd round of shipments. There is no guarantees that I'm even in the second round even though I ordered a month prior to the first shipment landing. I am in no way blaming Russell Marine but THIS IS [censored]. I'm considering just going with Garmin.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Lowrance Active Target Delays - 01/21/21 07:12 PM

Just received mine from RMP. Of course it was delivered while we were out of town.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum