Texas Fishing Forum

Classic on Ray Roberts moving to summer or fall 2021?

Posted By: SC-001

Classic on Ray Roberts moving to summer or fall 2021? - 01/07/21 02:55 PM

Are they probably moving the Classic date this year to a later date so they can hold a full expo rather than partial or none because of the virus?
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Classic on Ray Roberts moving to summer or fall 2021? - 01/07/21 02:59 PM

Man I hope so. I was planning on attending the expo
Posted By: mcb

Re: Classic on Ray Roberts moving to summer or fall 2021? - 01/07/21 03:02 PM

popcorn2
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Classic on Ray Roberts moving to summer or fall 2021? - 01/07/21 03:05 PM

I was thinking this same thing earlier this week. Have one of my best friends coming into town for the week and if they move it, we're still fishing as planned. Of course on other lakes.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Classic on Ray Roberts moving to summer or fall 2021? - 01/07/21 05:48 PM

I don't understand why you can't hold an expo. Didn't the gov say we were not going to have any shut downs?
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Classic on Ray Roberts moving to summer or fall 2021? - 01/07/21 05:48 PM

I work right by the Dallas convention center and they are setting up for a big convention now. Also the gun shows have been going on as planned it seems so why not the classic expo?
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Classic on Ray Roberts moving to summer or fall 2021? - 01/07/21 06:08 PM

Looks like it has been moved to June.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Classic on Ray Roberts moving to summer or fall 2021? - 01/07/21 06:12 PM

https://www.bassmaster.com/news/2021-classic-moves-june
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Classic on Ray Roberts moving to summer or fall 2021? - 01/07/21 06:18 PM

Does anyone have a link to the list of fishermen that will be there? Man, I hate all of the pop-ups Bassmaster's website has.
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: Classic on Ray Roberts moving to summer or fall 2021? - 01/07/21 06:18 PM

This is an easy answer to why, none of the brands coming to the Classic want to deploy during Covid, nor do they want to spend the money for attendance that’s throttled at 40-50% or less. Too much risk not enough reward.

Are you guys going to beat BASS up now, like you did MLF? grin
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Classic on Ray Roberts moving to summer or fall 2021? - 01/07/21 06:22 PM

Sweet! I can take more vacation and enjoy post spawn conditions getting beat to hell.
Posted By: Slide_R

Re: Classic on Ray Roberts moving to summer or fall 2021? - 01/07/21 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rayzor
Does anyone have a link to the list of fishermen that will be there? Man, I hate all of the pop-ups Bassmaster's website has.

https://www.bassmaster.com/slideshow/whos-2021-classic - Photo Link
http://www.bassmastermedia.com/page/5d976f2867213725956a0ff6 - List Link
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Classic on Ray Roberts moving to summer or fall 2021? - 01/07/21 06:26 PM

noidea

Re: Classic on Ray Roberts moving to summer or fall 2021? - 01/07/21 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Slide_R

I don't see any pop ups on BASSMASTER.com. hmmm

I use Mozilla Firefox for my browser (Chrome as well) and I have uBlock Origin (Extension) so there are no ads or pop ups on any page. cheers

Re: Classic on Ray Roberts moving to summer or fall 2021? - 01/07/21 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by BigDozer66
Originally Posted by Slide_R

I don't see any pop ups on BASSMASTER.com. hmmm

I use Mozilla Firefox for my browser (Chrome as well) and I have uBlock Origin (Extension) so there are no ads or pop ups on any page. cheers

Good for you, brother. There is always an advertisement bar at the bottom of the Bassmasters page that takes up a lot of the screen. That list of anglers is what I was looking for. Thank you!

Man, the field sure looks different than it did just a few years back. I am sure that this is because of all of the pros signed up with MLF. I sure would have like to seen KVD get another Classic title.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Classic on Ray Roberts moving to summer or fall 2021? - 01/07/21 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Jones
This is an easy answer to why, none of the brands coming to the Classic want to deploy during Covid, nor do they want to spend the money for attendance that’s throttled at 40-50% or less. Too much risk not enough reward.

So they decide to host it at a time thats going to hurt the fishery... fish just coming off the spawn all beat up, high water temps, and 130+ mile round trip to Ft Worth. BASS and their sponsors will leave town with suitcases of money and we’ll be left with a lake that used to have a bunch of 4-6 lb fish in it. Unreal.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Classic on Ray Roberts moving to summer or fall 2021? - 01/07/21 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by buda13

So they decide to host it at a time thats going to hurt the fishery... fish just coming off the spawn all beat up, high water temps, and 130+ mile round trip to Ft Worth. BASS and their sponsors will leave town with suitcases of money and we’ll be left with a lake that used to have a bunch of 4-6 lb fish in it. Unreal.

We need to voice our opinions to TPWD. Hopefully the Gw's get involved too so when it happens it can be exposed.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Classic on Ray Roberts moving to summer or fall 2021? - 01/07/21 07:32 PM

Maybe BASS will do the right thing and do a recorded weigh in at the lake and play it back at Ft Worth... when I dream I dream big. roflmao
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Classic on Ray Roberts moving to summer or fall 2021? - 01/07/21 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Barrett
[quote=buda13][quote=Mark Jones]

We need to voice our opinions to TPWD. Hopefully the Gw's get involved too so when it happens it can be exposed.

There's about 7 or 8 boat ramps on RR, need about 200 volunteers to block all these entries just show up and park your vehicles and lock your doors. They will get the hint.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Classic on Ray Roberts moving to summer or fall 2021? - 01/07/21 07:48 PM

Wells that was quick.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Classic on Ray Roberts moving to summer or fall 2021? - 01/07/21 08:03 PM

The simple fix, each angler buys a state of Texas fishing license, each day they can keep a limit of 5 bass. Drive them to weigh in site, weigh fish, record weights, clean fish and have a fish fry on Sunday. 100% legal
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Classic on Ray Roberts moving to summer or fall 2021? - 01/07/21 08:04 PM

It will be fine.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Classic on Ray Roberts moving to summer or fall 2021? - 01/07/21 08:14 PM

Yes...…….yes they will
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: Classic on Ray Roberts moving to summer or fall 2021? - 01/07/21 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Txduckhunter

Yes...…….yes they will

Lol, touche...

Re: Classic on Ray Roberts moving to summer or fall 2021? - 01/07/21 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Txduckhunter

Yes...…….yes they will

Lol, touche...

confused 3
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Classic on Ray Roberts moving to summer or fall 2021? - 01/07/21 08:45 PM

They did it just to distract us all from yesterday! (Squirrel)
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Classic on Ray Roberts moving to summer or fall 2021? - 01/07/21 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tiltman
They did it just to distract us all from yesterday! (Squirrel)

100% correct!

Re: Classic on Ray Roberts moving to summer or fall 2021? - 01/07/21 10:45 PM

Yea, that has worked so well in the past. TPWD is going do what the big money tells them to do, just like they do with lake vegetation "control."
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum