Texas Fishing Forum

Tackle Warehouse

Posted By: T21x

Tackle Warehouse - 01/06/21 07:15 PM

Anyone else having trouble getting Tackle Warehouse Customer Service to answer phone. Have been trying them all day yesterday and today with no luck.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/06/21 07:20 PM

They answered mine...had to cancel the Active Target order, since they keep moving the date. They got an earful, so they probably not answering the phone calls from Texas now. Ha
Posted By: Barn

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/06/21 07:25 PM

They are normally pretty responsive to email if it's regarding an order. You might try that too.
Posted By: jdr418

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/06/21 07:28 PM

From their Facebook page. Limited phone hours currently.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/cat...;utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=post
Posted By: T21x

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/06/21 07:43 PM

Thank You. I will try an email to them.
Posted By: BASSCATONE

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/06/21 08:20 PM

I think they run their business well with the exception of back orders. You have to stay on them and I have had to have them cancel some back orders in the past.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/06/21 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
They answered mine...had to cancel the Active Target order, since they keep moving the date. They got an earful, so they probably not answering the phone calls from Texas now. Ha

Why cancel? Are you ordering a Garmin instead?
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/06/21 08:59 PM

Try Discount Tackle out of Florida. I blew off TW months ago
Posted By: BAllen91

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/06/21 09:06 PM

I'm waiting on an Active Target too, I wonder if Lowrance pushed it back? Their website said coming in January but they took that off.
Posted By: bassnman

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/06/21 10:44 PM

I think it may be Lowrance. Russell Marine Products pushed mine back.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/06/21 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Why cancel? Are you ordering a Garmin instead?

No. Just decided not to wait on them. I’ll find one somewhere else. I have Dakota Ebare’s Live sonar stuff coming to hold me over till AT is available.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/07/21 01:04 AM

I 've had a small order with them for about 3 says now. They haven't even sent it out yet. Usually, it would be half way here by now. TW is in California. They are under intense lock down. I'll wait.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/07/21 02:25 AM

The moral of the story. Eff California
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/07/21 02:39 AM

I have never had to use their Customer Service. cheers
Posted By: wh2004

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/07/21 05:49 AM

Yeah I’ve tried calling twice and given up both times. Did get quick emails though.

I’ve got three orders out with with them now and shipping has been ridiculously slow.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/07/21 12:33 PM

Isn't it amazing how the American consumer is so infatuated with immediate gratification of the likes of Amazon. They have spoiled us. My wife would probably divorce me if she really knew the worth of stuff I've bought from Tackle Warehouse. They always come thru. Once I had to wait 4 months on some swim baits. It wasn't their fault, the supply chain had failed to meet commitments. If they have it in stock you will get it pretty quick. They make money on selling product, and they do the best job that their is in the tackle industry. The whole shipping industry can't keep up with the times. Amazon started their own delivery service and they still can't keep up. Mistakes happen in the shipping industry, it's just a fact of the world we live in. Lowrance has struggled with their first introduction of their forward scanning sonar, in fact it failed miserably, so you can bet they are trying to make sure this one doesn't fail again.
Posted By: over the hill @PK

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/07/21 02:46 PM

I think California is shut down now because of covand also I think TW is way under staffed

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/07/21 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by David Welcher
Isn't it amazing how the American consumer is so infatuated with immediate gratification of the likes of Amazon. They have spoiled us. My wife would probably divorce me if she really knew the worth of stuff I've bought from Tackle Warehouse. They always come thru. Once I had to wait 4 months on some swim baits. It wasn't their fault, the supply chain had failed to meet commitments. If they have it in stock you will get it pretty quick. They make money on selling product, and they do the best job that their is in the tackle industry. The whole shipping industry can't keep up with the times. Amazon started their own delivery service and they still can't keep up. Mistakes happen in the shipping industry, it's just a fact of the world we live in. Lowrance has struggled with their first introduction of their forward scanning sonar, in fact it failed miserably, so you can bet they are trying to make sure this one doesn't fail again.

I would get immediate gratification if I could walk into a store and find what I wanted. I want to buy something that is not in any stores. Not even in the 4th biggest city in America. I am at the mercy of an online dealer to send it to me.

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/07/21 06:36 PM

I placed an order on 12/30 about 10:00 PM our time.

It shipped on 1/3/21 and arrived here today 1/7/2021 via UPS free shipping. cheers
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/07/21 08:36 PM

They are a good company in a horrible place to do business. But in the end that is not my problem. I do my best in this day and age to stay stocked up on stuff, but every now and then something gets overlooked. Twice now I have paid for overnight shipping from them and it has taken well over a week to get the shipment. If they know they can't accomplish the expedited shipping then they should not offer it. I get how hard it is to do business in our current environment, but just don't offer things you can't deliver. As far as inventory, easy to use website they are second to none. I continue to look for a more local company but have not found a good alternative to TW yet.

Best way to get in touch with their customer service is email. You will usually have a response in 30 minutes or less.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/07/21 10:02 PM

They are setting up a TW shipping facility soon in GA I believe.

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/07/21 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by BigDozer66
I placed an order on 12/30 about 10:00 PM our time.

It shipped on 1/3/21 and arrived here today 1/7/2021 via UPS free shipping. cheers

I placed on order on 1/2/2021 and I don't have an shipping notification yet. They have always been good to me in the past.

Update: got a notification that my package is at UPS.

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/08/21 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry

I ordered 4 rods over the holidays.

2 on one order and 2 on another.

One of the orders shipped from Atlanta, GA, United States and the other one shipped from Sylmar, CA, United States. cheers

Maybe they are planning on moving the whole company from California to a more business friendly state? confused 3

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/08/21 02:34 AM

One of the orders shipped from Atlanta, GA, United States and the other one shipped from Sylmar, CA, United States. cheers

Maybe they are planning on moving the whole company from California to a more business friendly state? confused 3

They are in a warehouse "district" in their current location in CA. They have a small storefront but will bring out any item you want to see/buy from warehouse. They own a few similar industry specific online retail business such at Golf Warehouse, Shooting Warehouse etc. They all operate on same model basically but are soecific to an industry or activity.

Been by their place a few times. Always costs a hit to my wallet.

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/08/21 03:00 AM

They are in a warehouse "district" in their current location in CA. They have a small storefront but will bring out any item you want to see/buy from warehouse. They own a few similar industry specific online retail business such at Golf Warehouse, Shooting Warehouse etc. They all operate on same model basically but are soecific to an industry or activity.

Been by their place a few times. Always costs a hit to my wallet.

I am sure it does! bolt
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/08/21 12:59 PM

I just placed my latest order on Sunday the 3rd, was at my house yesterday the 7th. Haven't had any issues on orders with Tackle Warehouse.

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/08/21 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by TBassYates
I just placed my latest order on Sunday the 3rd, was at my house yesterday the 7th. Haven't had any issues on orders with Tackle Warehouse.

When I first started ordering from them I made the mistake of ordering things that was not in stock.

They would hold the order until the OOS stuff was back in stock.

I don't place any orders with anything that is OOS now unless it is a separate order. woot
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/08/21 02:30 PM

I think it depends on the size of the order and what is on the order....

Place an order earlier this week, just received my shipping confirmation, awaiting tracking to update delivery date.
Posted By: SmalljawNH

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/09/21 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by avid_basser

Place an order earlier this week, just received my shipping confirmation, awaiting tracking to update delivery date.

What do you mean? I'm not being confrontational, I just don't understand what you mean by size of the order.

I ordered ~$50 of stuff Monday afternoon. All items were and are in stock. They haven't shipped it yet, I'm still waiting. Do you mean people that spend more money are prioritized ahead of people who spend less money?

COVID-19 and how the state of California is managing the pandemic is going to kill businesses. TW may be one of them. I would love to see them move operations to Texas. I'm not saying Texas has the solution to COVID, but we're certainly more friendly and TW would be welcomed in Texas with open arms.

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/09/21 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by SmalljawNH
Originally Posted by avid_basser

What do you mean? I'm not being confrontational, I just don't understand what you mean by size of the order.

I ordered ~$50 of stuff Monday afternoon. All items were and are in stock. They haven't shipped it yet, I'm still waiting. Do you mean people that spend more money are prioritized ahead of people who spend less money?

COVID-19 and how the state of California is managing the pandemic is going to kill businesses. TW may be one of them. I would love to see them move operations to Texas. I'm not saying Texas has the solution to COVID, but we're certainly more friendly and TW would be welcomed in Texas with open arms.

I have never ordered less than $50 from them or maybe anyone before. confused 3
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/09/21 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by TBassYates

When I first started ordering from them I made the mistake of ordering things that was not in stock.

They would hold the order until the OOS stuff was back in stock.

I don't place any orders with anything that is OOS now unless it is a separate order. woot

They dont hold orders like that, they ship whats in stock and ship what isnt later. Maybe its a new thing but I just got a single pack yesterday that must have been from some other order and not in stock.
Posted By: Coolarrow

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/09/21 02:59 PM

I did make an order a while back. After a few days of no update on the site I called to see what was going on. They said that orders were being processed and shipped in the order they were received and that shipping was slow due to the virus issue. A couple days later it was shipped and arrived with no issues. Just was a little slower than normal.
Posted By: 1bassdaddy

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/09/21 03:22 PM

It's been five days since TW confirmed my order...still waiting on a shipping notification. Sent them an email this morning...we'll see. I've been placing about an order a month since Covid started and haven't had any issues prior to this so this seems odd to me. I'm leaving for MX a week from today on a fishing trip...if I thought there was any chance they wouldn't fill this order by then I would have ordered from someone else.
Posted By: kirbydog

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/09/21 05:35 PM

I would love to see them move to TX or somewhere more business friendly. But they have always done a great job
for me under what have to be demanding circumstances. Best overall selection, no sales tax and more than decent prices.
Posted By: FlyFX

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/09/21 05:44 PM

Or push Fishing Tackle Unlimited to expand

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/09/21 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by kirbydog
I would love to see them move to TX or somewhere more business friendly. But they have always done a great job
for me under what have to be demanding circumstances. Best overall selection, no sales tax and more than decent prices.

no tax??? where
Posted By: kirbydog

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/09/21 05:55 PM

CO.

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/09/21 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by kirbydog
CO.

What is CO. ?

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/09/21 08:25 PM

It’s a state hmmm

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/09/21 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by wh2004
It’s a state hmmm

That state has a sales tax. I am asking where he shops that he isnt paying sales tax, tws charges sales tax.

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/09/21 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa
Originally Posted by wh2004
It’s a state hmmm

That state has a sales tax. I am asking where he shops that he isnt paying sales tax, tws charges sales tax.

Oh got you. Really read like you asked “what is CO.?”
Posted By: koko

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/19/21 03:07 PM

Brannans Bass Shop! Keep that money in Texas!
Posted By: cjbles

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/19/21 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
They are a good company in a horrible place to do business. But in the end that is not my problem. I do my best in this day and age to stay stocked up on stuff, but every now and then something gets overlooked. Twice now I have paid for overnight shipping from them and it has taken well over a week to get the shipment. If they know they can't accomplish the expedited shipping then they should not offer it. I get how hard it is to do business in our current environment, but just don't offer things you can't deliver. As far as inventory, easy to use website they are second to none. I continue to look for a more local company but have not found a good alternative to TW yet.

Best way to get in touch with their customer service is email. You will usually have a response in 30 minutes or less.

They make you pay overnight or expedited shipping to prioritize your order. They'll tell you its because the fright carriers are delayed but in reality it's due to short staff from COVID. I had an employee confirm that.

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/20/21 07:06 AM

Last order placed the 10th, confirmed the 11th with a ship date of the 15th, didn’t receive any thing the 15th, 16th received confirmation of shipment and tracking order, however It was just ready for pick up by UPS, today it’s showing to be delivered the 21st. I don’t know, 11 days to me is way too long.
Posted By: The Tacklesmith

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/22/21 12:11 AM

Email them and they respond quickly.
Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/22/21 12:19 AM

I only use them for specialty products now. Their prices are no longer a value and their delivery is too long for me.

Wonder how much all of these new sponsorships caused prices to rise?
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/24/21 03:55 PM

All places have limited products from work being cut back. Not a lot of production going out.

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/24/21 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by TxBazzn
I only use them for specialty products now. Their prices are no longer a value and their delivery is too long for me.

I have never seen a TW price above MAP.

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/24/21 06:49 PM

I checked tw with discount tackle, I checked a few items including sale items on discount tackle and none were cheaper than tws, they were the exact same or more.

I get 10 percent vet discount and buy myself gift cards at 10 percent off. So I save 20 percent on all my purchases.

I need to remember to try and not stock up until the black friday sale this year.
Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/24/21 07:45 PM

That doesn’t mean they are as good as they once were. When brick and mortar Academy is beating you by $.80 on a lot of baits, the prices are no longer a value.

Re: Tackle Warehouse - 01/24/21 08:40 PM

That doesn’t mean they are as good as they once were. When brick and mortar Academy is beating you by $.80 on a lot of baits, the prices are no longer a value.

Its always great to have choices. cheers

I have yet to see a place that has the selection of TW. Not even half. I always have had great CS when needed and glad to hace TW as an option.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum