Texas Fishing Forum

no lowrance contract

Posted By: harvey walker

no lowrance contract - 01/05/21 12:20 AM

https://youtu.be/7fF2mhAEBCs

May not only be J M
Posted By: SAKS

Re: no lowrance contract - 01/05/21 12:33 AM

Seems like it won’t make sense to have an electronics sponsorship. That stuff is changing so quickly to do so would mean missing out on the latest greatest. Another instance where it looks like Wheeler was a genius. Not sure if he was first upper echelon of angler to do it but he got a lot of coverage for doing it.
Posted By: Barn

Re: no lowrance contract - 01/05/21 12:36 AM

He's doing like Wheeler did last year. More guys don't want to be at a disadvantage with only running a single brand.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: no lowrance contract - 01/05/21 01:38 AM

Makes absolutely perfect sense to me. Without having everything at your disposal your behind the 8 ball already.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: no lowrance contract - 01/05/21 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by ChanceHuiet
Makes absolutely perfect sense to me. Without having everything at your disposal your behind the 8 ball already.

cheers
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: no lowrance contract - 01/05/21 01:52 AM

Since Lowrance has the new AT, doesn’t make sense to not have gone with them.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: no lowrance contract - 01/05/21 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by ChanceHuiet

Use the best of what each has to offer.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: no lowrance contract - 01/05/21 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

Still not as good as the Garmin unit.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: no lowrance contract - 01/05/21 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by ezbassin

Some think differently

Re: no lowrance contract - 01/05/21 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by ezbassin

I won’t argue either way until I see more real AT users, but I do know that the LS technology is truly baffling at what it shows. Nothing can hide when you get it in the beam, I missed so much stuff on SI it’s amazingly scary.
Posted By: Littledog

Re: no lowrance contract - 01/05/21 05:24 AM

More and more youtube videos showing AT images everyday and a good number of LS videos out there.
I dont have either one right now but I'm trying to review all of them to make a decision.
I have noticed in the videos that the AT appears to have a bit more "tear" between adjacent sensor portions of the image.
I dont think i see as much of that on the LS images.
Is this one of the differences you have seen? My imagination? Bad set-up by the users?

Re: no lowrance contract - 01/05/21 05:28 AM

I have always appreciated people who don't have a contract using what they think is the best instead of some guy that is getting paid to pimp a product! cheers

Re: no lowrance contract - 01/05/21 05:59 AM

Seems kind of a dumb move on Lowrance's part to require exclusivity.
If a pro uses your equipment on his boat, will put your logo on his wrap and shirt . . why would you care if he also uses competitors stuff?
If he wins with you on board, mission accomplished.
The pro needs to be successful and advertise for whoever helps make that possible.

Imagine if Strike King said no other lures but ours. Our Zoom said nobody elses soft plastics. etc. etc.

A bit of arrogance on Lowrance's part.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: no lowrance contract - 01/05/21 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Littledog
If a pro uses your equipment on his boat, will put your logo on his wrap and shirt . . why would you care if he also uses competitors stuff?
The pro needs to be successful and advertise for whoever helps make that possible.

Imagine if Strike King said no other lures but ours. Our Zoom said nobody elses soft plastics. etc. etc.

So for a comparison you're saying it would be ok for Michael Jordan to wear Adidas.

Re: no lowrance contract - 01/05/21 01:26 PM

It sounds like Lowrance is the one that won in this case. They didn’t give him free graphs or a trolling motor and he had to buy the graphs that he has. It’s not as if John Crews has been exactly blazing his way in the victory circle. I’d rather see every pro have to buy their mechandise, it would cut down on all the pre-weigh in BS.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: no lowrance contract - 01/05/21 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Littledog

It's not just Lowrance. They sign contracts with one of the electronics suppliers, depending who they are they get paid and/or get free product. If they want to run multiple brands they don't get the deal.
Posted By: harvey walker

Re: no lowrance contract - 01/05/21 01:51 PM

If the pro's had to buy their on stuff then we would know what works the best not what they getting paid to say it's great.

Re: no lowrance contract - 01/05/21 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by harvey walker
If the pro's had to buy their on stuff then we would know what works the best not what they getting paid to say it's great.

cheers
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: no lowrance contract - 01/05/21 05:24 PM

lol,
they would probably have to get a job like the rest of us...………...

Re: no lowrance contract - 01/06/21 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by bloo_rainger

lol,

Some of them do anyway don't they? hmmm

Re: no lowrance contract - 01/06/21 01:08 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICxNkI6s8gs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPBeTjyaUOE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO_9kOzp3_E
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: no lowrance contract - 01/06/21 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by bloo_rainger

lol,

Of course they would, none of them win enough in the actual tourneys to make much of a profit if any after travel, entry fees, etc.
Posted By: Capt. Bryan

Re: no lowrance contract - 01/06/21 05:51 PM

So if boat manufacturers are not giving boats to pros,
And tackle manufacturers are not giving away tackle,
And electronics manufacturers are not giving away depth finders and trolling motors

I bet the prices on all of this is not going down and the savings going out to the consumers! We were buying all of the equipment being given away.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: no lowrance contract - 01/06/21 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Capt. Bryan
So if boat manufacturers are not giving boats to pros,
And tackle manufacturers are not giving away tackle,
And electronics manufacturers are not giving away depth finders and trolling motors

I bet the prices on all of this is not going down and the savings going out to the consumers! We were buying all of the equipment being given away.

Advertising costs are advertising costs. A company is gonna spend the same money to advertise. For anyone thinking these pros do not drive product sales is crazy. How many Live S cope units were sold by Walters after the Elite event on Fork/ How many winning baits are sold out the day after a big tournament? Why does KVD have his name on so many products if he is not helping sales?

Not many pros get a true "free" boat so giving a guy a demo/memo is not hurting the bottom line. The manufacturer and dealer are still getting and making money on a demo. Sometimes the pro even clears a bit. There are local anglers that are able to help a dealer sell quite a few boats per year so you better believe a guy on a national stage is helping move some as well.
Posted By: Capt. Bryan

Re: no lowrance contract - 01/06/21 07:41 PM

Mark, there was a little sarcasm in my comment above. Seems nearly every boat made last year was sold due to people enjoying the outdoors instead of traveling abroad. You couldn't find marine electronics in stock, couldn't find lures etc. Only 2 people sell products. Tournament winners and fishing guides. Nobody remembers what the second place guy was using. And the good thing about spending time with a guide is you know exactly what lures you caught them on.

Every fishing website you click or YouTube video has fishermen bailing from a certain boat brand from the pro level to semi pro and even locals who had previous demo deals.

Multiple anglers now have mixed electronics on their boat because they are trying to have the best advantage possible. And no matter what they actually caught their fish on, on stage it is always going to be what ever the sponsor name on side of the boat is. Even if the fish were caught on a phish stick, by the time they got to the stage it was surely a senko. Lol
Posted By: 361V

Re: no lowrance contract - 01/06/21 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Capt. Bryan
And no matter what they actually caught their fish on, on stage it is always going to be what ever the sponsor name on side of the boat is. Even if the fish were caught on a phish stick, by the time they got to the stage it was surely a senko. Lol
Thats funny right there I don’t care who you are!.........and not completely false either.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum