Texas Fishing Forum

Brandy Branch, Power?

Posted By: LakeTylerMan

Brandy Branch, Power? - 01/05/21 12:03 AM

Does anyone know if the plant is generating at Brandy Branch? A buddy from Colorado is visiting for a few days and I thought I'd take him to the nearest power plant lake. I'm not sure if Martin Creek is generating now. And if BB is generating does anyone know if the fishing is good now?
Posted By: GRUMPS

Re: Brandy Branch, Power? - 01/05/21 01:13 AM

It was a couple of weeks ago. Water temp 60 except at discharge was 75.
Posted By: Clark Reehm

Re: Brandy Branch, Power? - 01/05/21 03:28 AM

I went to Brandy Branch today. You would have thought a tournament was going on for the amount of boats on a Monday. I guess with most of the lakes in the area having gotten blown out from the recent heavy rains, it is also one of the few watersheds that wasn't effected. Just as GRUMPS mentioned, water temp was roughly low 70's on the discharge side and low 60's on the west side. Fish in all stages of the spawn. Lots of fry guarders and plenty of very skittish fish on bed.

Crappie fishing at Lake of the Pines has been stupid good in the stumps if that is an option you are interested in as well.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Brandy Branch, Power? - 01/05/21 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Clark Reehm
I went to Brandy Branch today. You would have thought a tournament was going on for the amount of boats on a Monday. I guess with most of the lakes in the area having gotten blown out from the recent heavy rains, it is also one of the few watersheds that wasn't effected. Just as GRUMPS mentioned, water temp was roughly low 70's on the discharge side and low 60's on the west side. Fish in all stages of the spawn. Lots of fry guarders and plenty of very skittish fish on bed.

Crappie fishing at Lake of the Pines has been stupid good in the stumps if that is an option you are interested in as well.

Pretty typical January. I can't remember a time it wasn't packed in January. Try and go on a Saturday...
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Brandy Branch, Power? - 01/06/21 12:22 AM

Was running when we drove by a couple days ago
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Brandy Branch, Power? - 01/06/21 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
Originally Posted by Clark Reehm

Pretty typical January. I can't remember a time it wasn't packed in January. Try and go on a Saturday...

Huh!? Saturday? Most of the time people are recommending weekdays for fishing power plant lakes. What's up?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum