Texas Fishing Forum

Bass boat lights

Posted By: Stratos2011

Bass boat lights - 01/02/21 06:08 PM

I want to mount some spreader lights around my boat. I don’t wanna drill a lot in the fiberglass though if I don’t have to. Any ideas or examples would be appreciated.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Bass boat lights - 01/02/21 08:26 PM

Nightfushion rail lights.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Bass boat lights - 01/03/21 04:48 PM

I used strip leds under the rubrail on an 82 champion 184.
got some real 3m 1/4" tape and put it down first, a lot easier to work with and way better than the factory sticky on the lights. peel a foot or 2 of the red plastic to set leds and it is pretty easy. had about 40-50 yds. vision on both sides when night fishing.

these were just waterproof off of amazon, 16' strips. one 1/8" hole under the rail for tiny wires, be carefull when stripping them. guessing this is what you mean by spreader lights.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Littledog

Re: Bass boat lights - 01/03/21 08:21 PM

Recommend you be a little cautious with white or blue LEDs shinning on visible gel coat.
These LEDs emit a fair amount of UV that over time, can cause gel coat to fog.
Would take hundreds of hours but can happen.
Posted By: MCIPinkie

Re: Bass boat lights - 01/03/21 11:56 PM

Mind you, I'm a Missouri boy, but aren't there some restrictions on lights in Texas?
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Bass boat lights - 01/04/21 12:12 AM

Only when running.

Re: Bass boat lights - 01/05/21 04:45 AM

Can you have “headlights” on your boat while idling?

Re: Bass boat lights - 01/05/21 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Stratos2011
Can you have “headlights” on your boat while idling?

you can have them while on plane, just have to be real sure your red/green are plainly visible.

I have an led spot that I adapted to fit my front plug in since I have leds on the sides now, remote for off and on and use it when going out pre dawn for a tournament.

Re: Bass boat lights - 01/05/21 01:10 PM

the only lights I know of that will give you grief if on when running or sitting are blue, leo doesn't like them due to looking like one of their boats possibly.

deck lights not so much, underwater or outside blue I would not do.
Posted By: Mulkey

Re: Bass boat lights - 01/08/21 04:54 PM

From my understanding on the boat "head lighs" is you can have it on when on pad. But what's the point on having when you running the middle of the lake. You still can see anything untill you get closer to land or docks. The only time I have mine on, is when I'm running the boats lanes on fork in the dark. "M2C" common courtesy is to turn it off when other boats is heading in my direction, this way they aren't blinded by it.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Bass boat lights - 01/08/21 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mulkey
From my understanding on the boat "head lighs" is you can have it on when on pad.

Ummmm, no
Posted By: dbell47

Re: Bass boat lights - 01/09/21 07:40 PM

I could be wrong, but I have heard rumors of Game Wardens making people remove some LED lighting from their boats
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Bass boat lights - 01/09/21 07:56 PM

Ive got some rail lights that go in the rail for my phoenix depending what model stratos you have it will be virtually the same. I havent ever installed them I realized I can fish all day any day so no point of fishing at night.

pm me if your interested they are nightfushion

Re: Bass boat lights - 01/13/21 02:28 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Made a ram mounted headlight that will be removable when not needed.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum