Texas Fishing Forum

Dude. Do you wanna see a SUBMERGED CAR with Active Target & have a chance to win a sonar class?

Posted By: Clark Reehm

Dude. Do you wanna see a SUBMERGED CAR with Active Target & have a chance to win a sonar class? - 12/31/20 04:06 PM

"DUDE. I KNOW WHERE THERE'S A SUNKEN CAR! DO YOU WANT TO GO CHECK IT OUT?"
- Deputy Bradley Virgillito

The answer is always "ABSOLUTELY!"

On a recent outing to Cypress Black Bayou to go crappie fishing and film some video content, my buddy asked me this. The answer is always YES! In my latest video, you will get to see what a submerged car looks like with Active Target. In the video I also have a popup which list the settings I am running it on while recording the vehicle. A lot of people have asked about the clutter that the unit shows. There is an option for noise rejection on the unit which will clear the screen up, however, I leave it turned off. I can pick up a lot more subtleties that help me read the water when I don't worry about making a prettier screen. All of that can be adjusted for user preference. I have a video that is currently be edited where I go over this option. I also include the exact waypoint location of the vehicle if you have any interest in checking it out yourself.

And this is how you have an opportunity to win a half day on the water Sonar/Active Target or catching trip with me on Cypress Black Bayou. Simply SUBSCRIBE to my channel on YouTube and IN THE COMMENTS SECTION FOR THIS VIDEO about the submerged car.... GUESS THE MAKE & MODEL OF THE AUTOMOBILE. The correct answer that is posted first wins the time on the water. Here are two hints:

1)It is a car, not a truck or jeep etc.
2)It isn't new.

Good luck and stay tuned for future videos from the Elite Angler Academy.

Clark Reehm
Elite Angler Academy YouTube
Elite Angler Academy Facebook Fan Page

Posted By: fivebites

Re: Dude. Do you wanna see a SUBMERGED CAR with Active Target & have a chance to win a sonar class? - 12/31/20 04:38 PM

Nice video Clark! Two questions: Did you have a Livescope on your boat before the Lowrance? 2) Why does the car "disappear" from the image from time to time?

Thanks!
Posted By: Clark Reehm

Re: Dude. Do you wanna see a SUBMERGED CAR with Active Target & have a chance to win a sonar class? - 12/31/20 04:57 PM

I have only been in a boat with Livescope one time, however the guy that went with me that day has had one for a year+ and is very proficient with it.

The car disappears as it goes in and out of the cone projection/sonar which is at 18 degrees. On a non slick day, it is very hard to keep any forward shooting sonar locked on to an object in front of the boat unless you have an aftermarket pole system/mount separate from mounting the transducer on the shaft or head of the trolling motor. When you see the car image redrawn at different angles, that is the boat moving slightly.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Dude. Do you wanna see a SUBMERGED CAR with Active Target & have a chance to win a sonar class? - 12/31/20 05:01 PM

Now this video I will click on laugh
Posted By: H-D Dad

Re: Dude. Do you wanna see a SUBMERGED CAR with Active Target & have a chance to win a sonar class? - 12/31/20 05:47 PM

Im a honda fit?
Posted By: Skeeter John

Re: Dude. Do you wanna see a SUBMERGED CAR with Active Target & have a chance to win a sonar class? - 12/31/20 08:33 PM

Wow. Pretty cool.
Posted By: GarySHO

Re: Dude. Do you wanna see a SUBMERGED CAR with Active Target & have a chance to win a sonar class? - 12/31/20 08:50 PM

Chrysler 300
Posted By: wild bill

Re: Dude. Do you wanna see a SUBMERGED CAR with Active Target & have a chance to win a sonar class? - 12/31/20 09:44 PM

55 4 door chevy
Posted By: Jerry Brown

Re: Dude. Do you wanna see a SUBMERGED CAR with Active Target & have a chance to win a sonar class? - 12/31/20 10:47 PM

Volvo
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Dude. Do you wanna see a SUBMERGED CAR with Active Target & have a chance to win a sonar class? - 12/31/20 10:49 PM

89 caprice classic.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Dude. Do you wanna see a SUBMERGED CAR with Active Target & have a chance to win a sonar class? - 12/31/20 10:59 PM

Did y'all drop a buoy on it to mark on the surface? Appears to be a line coming up from it.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Dude. Do you wanna see a SUBMERGED CAR with Active Target & have a chance to win a sonar class? - 01/01/21 05:18 AM

Awesome! cheers
Posted By: 1bas

Re: Dude. Do you wanna see a SUBMERGED CAR with Active Target & have a chance to win a sonar class? - 01/01/21 05:19 AM

56 chevy.
Posted By: wild bill

Re: Dude. Do you wanna see a SUBMERGED CAR with Active Target & have a chance to win a sonar class? - 01/01/21 12:15 PM

51 Plymouth
Posted By: rut-roe

Re: Dude. Do you wanna see a SUBMERGED CAR with Active Target & have a chance to win a sonar class? - 01/01/21 02:46 PM

87 ford crown victoria
Posted By: capt grumpy

Re: Dude. Do you wanna see a SUBMERGED CAR with Active Target & have a chance to win a sonar class? - 01/01/21 02:48 PM

55 2 door chevy
Posted By: Hell-Bent SS

Re: Dude. Do you wanna see a SUBMERGED CAR with Active Target & have a chance to win a sonar class? - 01/01/21 04:03 PM

Ford Falcon
Posted By: Jobie99

Re: Dude. Do you wanna see a SUBMERGED CAR with Active Target & have a chance to win a sonar class? - 01/04/21 04:57 PM

I’m going to go Volkswagon bug
Posted By: LuvWater

Re: Dude. Do you wanna see a SUBMERGED CAR with Active Target & have a chance to win a sonar class? - 01/04/21 09:35 PM

91 oldsmoble cutlass
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Dude. Do you wanna see a SUBMERGED CAR with Active Target & have a chance to win a sonar class? - 01/05/21 01:08 AM

pinto
Posted By: wh2004

Re: Dude. Do you wanna see a SUBMERGED CAR with Active Target & have a chance to win a sonar class? - 01/05/21 02:38 AM

To answer the question, no not in a video I have to watch.
Posted By: westxbass82

Re: Dude. Do you wanna see a SUBMERGED CAR with Active Target & have a chance to win a sonar class? - 01/05/21 03:22 AM

Hudson Hornet
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Dude. Do you wanna see a SUBMERGED CAR with Active Target & have a chance to win a sonar class? - 01/05/21 01:38 PM

chevy submergseadan.......
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Dude. Do you wanna see a SUBMERGED CAR with Active Target & have a chance to win a sonar class? - 01/06/21 12:22 AM

Chevrolet Belair
Posted By: Matt Jackson

Re: Dude. Do you wanna see a SUBMERGED CAR with Active Target & have a chance to win a sonar class? - 01/06/21 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
89 caprice classic.

This is what I was thinking.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum