Texas Fishing Forum

Fluorocarbon

Posted By: Cypress Trout

Fluorocarbon - 12/29/20 06:18 PM

OK all, the million dollar question. I'm going to Bass Pro Shop Thursday to get ready for spring bass fishing. What fluorocarbon line to buy for square bill cranking also Rat L trap and any other a[application. Ones i have tried all twist, bad memory, and not worth the money i spend.. Please advise and be safe out there
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/29/20 06:26 PM

Take it from someone who loves mono and has been extremely hard headed about using fluoro for the same reasons you stated, this stuff is great, no issues with memory and in fact, I often forget that I'm using fluoro. I've tried alot of the other brands and they suck.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: kirbydog

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/29/20 06:30 PM

Right you are-I used to use red label but switched to the Invisx and its all I buy now. Great line.
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/29/20 06:52 PM

Sunline Assassin
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/29/20 07:01 PM

What Huckleberry said. I use both the 15 and 12 on most of my set ups.
Posted By: Greg W

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/29/20 07:11 PM

On moving baits like cranks and traps why do you need floro in the first place. I use Invisix for plastics, but use a co-poly for moving baits. Unless you are in uber clear water, I can't imaging it makes a difference. And a little give on cranks is a good thing to give them more time to get the bait in their mouth. What am I missing?
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/29/20 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Greg W
On moving baits like cranks and traps why do you need floro in the first place. I use Invisix for plastics, but use a co-poly for moving baits. Unless you are in uber clear water, I can't imaging it makes a difference. And a little give on cranks is a good thing to give them more time to get the bait in their mouth. What am I missing?

+1. Copoly for moving baits
Posted By: 361V

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/29/20 07:56 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: wh2004

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/29/20 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by B52

Yep
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/29/20 08:48 PM

still had to beat 12lb big game....
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/29/20 09:24 PM

For moving baits I use Sunline Assassin 10/12 lb...Tried several other lines and this works best for me.
Posted By: tricky

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/29/20 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by 361V
[Linked Image]

Great line!
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/30/20 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by wh2004
Originally Posted by B52

Yep

+1

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/30/20 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Finesse Master/ Dropshot king

12 # McCoys Mean green is by far better than Big Game, unless you are on a budget and can only afford big game.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/30/20 12:23 AM

Give P-Line CX Premium a chance, you will love it.
Posted By: n_fish

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/30/20 01:14 AM

Academy sells Invisx and is much cheaper than Bass Pro.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/30/20 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by n_fish

Yep
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/30/20 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce Allen
What Huckleberry said. I use both the 15 and 12 on most of my set ups.

I'm with these guys !
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/30/20 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by n_fish

Really good InvisX pricing, especially 600 yard bulk spools
Posted By: CB-52

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/30/20 10:11 AM

I’m not familiar with McCoys Mean Green but i’m convinced I could pull a truck with big game lol.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/30/20 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by CB-52
I’m not familiar with McCoys Mean Green but i’m convinced I could pull a truck with big game lol.
McCoys is a copolymer line. More than Big Game but not real expensive. Hard to find but I just order direct from McCoys website. Really strong but also really good handling characteristics. Soft, supple(don’t get excited!) and less memory than any line I’ve ever used(that’s a long time). Often leaving on reels for way over a year and it doesn’t act like a giant coiled up Slinky: [Linked Image]
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/30/20 03:14 PM

Seaguar Invizx is the one I use. cheers
Posted By: Old Tracker

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/30/20 03:53 PM

Try Mason BASS-ON
Posted By: Fishingfox

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/30/20 09:05 PM

I really like the McCoy’s Mean Green, too! The 17lb is stupid strong.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/30/20 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Huckleberry
Take it from someone who loves mono and has been extremely hard headed about using fluoro for the same reasons you stated, this stuff is great, no issues with memory and in fact, I often forget that I'm using fluoro. I've tried alot of the other brands and they suck.

[Linked Image]

I knew you would come around.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/30/20 10:24 PM

Try TAtsu if you really want less memory.
Posted By: Outdoordude

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/30/20 11:49 PM

Invizx is by a wide margin the most popular fluoro for good reason. You can get stronger, you can get more abrasion resistant, you can get more sensitive, but Invizx is as good as it gets in overall performance. 15 lb is great for squarebills/lipless, try 12 lb if you're not around much cover or need it to dive a touch deeper.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/31/20 12:33 AM

I like Invizx on my spinning rods but prefer Sniper on baitcasters

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/31/20 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Outdoordude
Invizx is by a wide margin the most popular fluoro for good reason. You can get stronger, you can get more abrasion resistant, you can get more sensitive, but Invizx is as good as it gets in overall performance. 15 lb is great for squarebills/lipless, try 12 lb if you're not around much cover or need it to dive a touch deeper.

12 and 15 pound test Invizx works great in many applications for bass fishing for moving baits as well as drop shot, Tx. rig.,etc.. I use 20# test for my main line on Carolina rig, for jigs and for swim baits. Great line.

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/31/20 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Outdoordude

12 and 15 pound test Invizx works great in many applications for bass fishing for moving baits as well as drop shot, Tx. rig.,etc.. I use 20# test for my main line on Carolina rig, for jigs and for swim baits. Great line. It has never failed me yet.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/31/20 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Huckleberry

[Linked Image]

thumb
Posted By: NELA Bassguy

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/31/20 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
Give P-Line CX Premium a chance, you will love it.

I second this for moving baits. It's tough and limber. Make sure you get the cx premium and not the cxx, the cxx is like wire.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/31/20 03:06 PM

and the clear blue is fluorescent and easy to see above the water in the day or at night with a black light
Posted By: befuddled

Re: Fluorocarbon - 12/31/20 04:55 PM

Mason line is great! I use the Bass On and 17lb charcoal brown color. Very thin, limp and very strong
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Fluorocarbon - 01/01/21 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Finesse Master/ Dropshot king

My best friend uses bright green big game and flat wears them out on cranks and spinnerbaits.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Fluorocarbon - 01/01/21 04:31 PM

I have been using Viscious fluoro. Bought it as a cheap line to take to Mexico. It held up so well I just switched to it. Two years now not a single break off or issue with the stuff. You can get 500 yard spools for $20. If you have never fished Mexico it is usually a slugfest. You can catch a lot of fish down there.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Fluorocarbon - 01/02/21 01:35 AM

Sunline Sniper to me is still the best all around line...however, I prefer AbrazX when cranking. Not sure why....just seems to hold up a little better around brush.
Posted By: wh2004

Re: Fluorocarbon - 01/02/21 04:46 AM

Ordered some of that 15lb invisx and a 8.1 Tatula ct. Will go find me a heavy 7’3” rod at academy tomorrow. Will be my t-rig casting rod.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum