Texas Fishing Forum

Deep Cranking Donkey : Sam Rayburn

Posted By: Clark Reehm

Deep Cranking Donkey : Sam Rayburn - 12/28/20 12:54 PM

Up until this day, I had never carried my GoPro out on a guide trip before. For some strange reason that morning I decided to bring it and boy did I get lucky! I've caught a lot of big fish throughout my life but this was the biggest one recorded on video.

If you like this video and want to stay up to date on all my future content, be sure to "Like" and "Subscribe" to the Elite Angler Academy on YouTube and Facebook.

Clark Reehm
Elite Angler Academy Facebook Page

Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: Deep Cranking Donkey : Sam Rayburn - 12/28/20 01:45 PM

thumb fish
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Deep Cranking Donkey : Sam Rayburn - 12/28/20 01:51 PM

cheers
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Deep Cranking Donkey : Sam Rayburn - 12/28/20 02:12 PM

Nice!
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Deep Cranking Donkey : Sam Rayburn - 12/28/20 02:18 PM

Wow that's a good one.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Deep Cranking Donkey : Sam Rayburn - 12/28/20 02:34 PM

Excellent.
Posted By: F4 Gator

Re: Deep Cranking Donkey : Sam Rayburn - 12/28/20 03:36 PM

Nice fish! thumb
Posted By: GROD

Re: Deep Cranking Donkey : Sam Rayburn - 12/28/20 05:09 PM

Nice! Wish I had confidence in deep cranks!
Posted By: Matt1212

Re: Deep Cranking Donkey : Sam Rayburn - 12/28/20 08:53 PM

Wow! Great fish and fight cheers
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Deep Cranking Donkey : Sam Rayburn - 12/29/20 01:48 AM

Good start to your YouTube game, but you are gonna have to bring more than just a catch and a 2 min video with music playing in the background.
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Deep Cranking Donkey : Sam Rayburn - 12/29/20 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
Good start to your YouTube game, but you are gonna have to bring more than just a catch and a 2 min video with music playing in the background.

OMG

Re: Deep Cranking Donkey : Sam Rayburn - 12/29/20 02:07 AM

Hey, we need the goods! No doubt Clark can instruct, so let’s hear how/why he was targeting that area...
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: Deep Cranking Donkey : Sam Rayburn - 12/29/20 02:49 AM

Hey, we need the goods! No doubt Clark can instruct, so let’s hear how/why he was targeting that area...

He was guiding... bolt
Posted By: Clark Reehm

Re: Deep Cranking Donkey : Sam Rayburn - 12/29/20 07:02 AM

I posted two videos prior to this on my initial foray into the world of YouTube that I made earlier in the week with some instructional info. The first was screen captures of fish behavior and interpretations of the new Lowrance Active Target. The second video I posted, an admin moved to "Plugs and Announcements" therefore it got buried and you did not have a chance to view it unless you took the time to go to the YouTube page. It was on how to protect a Livescope or Active Target Transducer by utilizing and adjusting the Auto Stow feature on a ghost trolling motor(A feature most anglers have no idea about or was on their wish list after using the bigger transducers or clipping a hydrowave speaker etc) Here is a link to those other videos:

https://youtu.be/xwWqDMghuOg

https://youtu.be/ns5X8LwpnAE

https://youtu.be/e5xWNTrtxZY

Additionally, there were more details about this videoed catch and trip in the video description if you would like to learn more. I have to figure out how to strike a balance in the audience between those people that want full blown tech, instructional info, fish catches, lifestyle clips, etc. Juggling all that can be tricky while also trying to remain true to myself. I am not one for blurring out backgrounds in pictures or video either. Most anglers with a decent amount of time spent on Sam Rayburn will not have difficulties in finding the general area that this fish was caught. There is no sense in tarnishing the integrity of the fish, catch or spot by deception.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Deep Cranking Donkey : Sam Rayburn - 12/29/20 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Clark Reehm

I posted two videos prior to this on my initial foray into the world of YouTube that I made earlier in the week with some instructional info. The first was screen captures of fish behavior and interpretations of the new Lowrance Active Target. The second video I posted, an admin moved to "Plugs and Announcements" therefore it got buried and you did not have a chance to view it unless you took the time to go to the YouTube page. It was on how to protect a Livescope or Active Target Transducer by utilizing and adjusting the Auto Stow feature on a ghost trolling motor(A feature most anglers have no idea about or was on their wish list after using the bigger transducers or clipping a hydrowave speaker etc) Here is a link to those other videos:

Additionally, there were more details about this videoed catch and trip in the video description if you would like to learn more. I have to figure out how to strike a balance in the audience between those people that want full blown tech, instructional info, fish catches, lifestyle clips, etc. Juggling all that can be tricky while also trying to remain true to myself. I am not one for blurring out backgrounds in pictures or video either. Most anglers with a decent amount of time spent on Sam Rayburn will not have difficulties in finding the general area that this fish was caught. There is no sense in tarnishing the integrity of the fish, catch or spot by deception.

Just post up all your waypoints, we'll decide what information we need from there. flehan

Re: Deep Cranking Donkey : Sam Rayburn - 12/29/20 01:27 PM

Keep em coming Sir. I can definitely see the fine line in videoing on the lake you guide on, and not wanting to give up money making spots, especially a lake like Sam Rayburn. Definitely gonna be people studying the background. Nice fish nonetheless!
Posted By: Not2Old2Fish

Re: Deep Cranking Donkey : Sam Rayburn - 12/30/20 11:28 AM

CR, I saw your Active Target Sam Rayburn YouTube video.
Wow those bass on bottom and you trying
several different lures trying to catch
them. And the part of the video with the bass busting
up the shad school and then you try
to catch those bass while their on a
feeding frenzy. Very entertaining.
thanks
Posted By: WLBDallas

Re: Deep Cranking Donkey : Sam Rayburn - 12/30/20 08:04 PM

Awesome to watch and it's good to see someone in Texas who doesn't beat the bank. banana
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Deep Cranking Donkey : Sam Rayburn - 12/31/20 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Clark Reehm

cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum