Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Granbury

Posted By: Skeeter2020

Lake Granbury - 12/26/20 11:34 PM

Going out to Lake Granbury for the second time tomorrow. Went the other day and could not find them. Any tips on what depths to look this time of year, or any tips in general?
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Lake Granbury - 12/26/20 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by East2321
Going out to Lake Granbury for the second time tomorrow. Went the other day and could not find them. Any tips on what depths to look this time of year, or any tips in general?

Shallow 12 months out of the year

Re: Lake Granbury - 12/26/20 11:45 PM

Thank you!
Posted By: wh2004

Re: Lake Granbury - 12/27/20 09:01 PM

That lake sucks. Or I do.
Probably both.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Lake Granbury - 12/27/20 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by wh2004
Probably both.

Nope. It ain’t you. The lake sucks.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Lake Granbury - 12/27/20 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by wh2004
Probably both.

Nope. It ain’t you. The lake sucks.
3rd in line on the “I suck on Granbury” All Star list! Sad cus I can be on the lake at Rough Creek ramp in 15 minutes! Even sadder is I drive past Squaw Creek park on the way to Granbury🤔🤷🏻‍♂️😞. Oh well, beer & tacos are good at Stumpys waterfront bar & grill!
Posted By: Patta-whack

Re: Lake Granbury - 12/30/20 01:58 AM

Stump’s is the best part of fishing Granbury! I fished there a lot in the 90’s and it was good until the golden algae bloom. Have fished there a few times since moving back a few years ago and definitely hit or miss. This time of year I have had better luck south of 377 and along the main lake where the channel swings close to bluffs or rocky points.
Posted By: tsubrett

Re: Lake Granbury - 12/30/20 02:24 AM

Fished a tournament out there Sunday and did pretty good. We fished docks in 2-8ft water. Square bills, chatterbaits, and spinnerbaits, on shaded side of dock, what worked for us that day. No need to pattern fish gbury. If u caught them on something day before, guaranteed to not work the next day. This year for some reason, The majority of my fish have come in 1-8ft water. Very few caught deeper than that and I have tried.
Posted By: Rhodes 520

Re: Lake Granbury - 12/30/20 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by tsubrett
Fished a tournament out there Sunday and did pretty good. We fished docks in 2-8ft water. Square bills, chatterbaits, and spinnerbaits, on shaded side of dock, what worked for us that day. No need to pattern fish gbury. If u caught them on something day before, guaranteed to not work the next day. This year for some reason, The majority of my fish have come in 1-8ft water. Very few caught deeper than that and I have tried.

A lot of truth in this. Was there Monday and Tuesday last week and caught them on cranks and spinners Monday, then Jigs and Senkos on Tuesday fishing the same area.

Re: Lake Granbury - 01/21/21 10:27 PM

This is great advice, I appreciate it. I don’t live far so would like to know this lake better.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum