Texas Fishing Forum

Ideas for this tiny piece of land on a bass fishing lake

Posted By: cruzfishing

Ideas for this tiny piece of land on a bass fishing lake - 12/23/20 05:52 AM

Hey Guys,
I am possibly looking at purchasing a tiny parcel of land that reaches one of my fav fishing lakes. It is waterfront property but the size is very peculiar. I am just wanted to get suggestions or out of the box ideas on how to utilize this land. Here are the caveats...

1.Land is 4'x 120' long it is an alley(easement) between 2 houses.
2. Price is its less then $5000.
3. Utilities are at the road but not sure you would be able to utilize them. *They may not be available to use (solar may be an option?)
4. So far no boat dock can be built...but a boat ramp might be able to be built.

Originally I though of just building a path and then building a boat dock to keep a boat there...but I just heard I might not be able to build a boat dock there...so assuming neither neighbor is willing to sell you any of their land to widen the path to the lake, what else could you do with a 4' wide alleyway to the lake?
Posted By: TwoLakes

Re: Ideas for this tiny piece of land on a bass fishing lake - 12/23/20 06:47 AM

I don't think you could do anything with a 4' wide piece of land. If you aimed just right, you might be able to pull the nose of your boat onto your shoreline and sleep on the back deck. smile
Posted By: 361V

Re: Ideas for this tiny piece of land on a bass fishing lake - 12/23/20 08:21 AM

You can build a fence. Anything else and you can’t walk on your land.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Ideas for this tiny piece of land on a bass fishing lake - 12/23/20 09:02 AM

wouldn't give more than 500.00 for it, useless for anything but a path to the water. once at the water what can you do in a 4' width?
only reason to have it is in case one neighbor decided to sell and you could resell to them or new owner for a profit.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Ideas for this tiny piece of land on a bass fishing lake - 12/23/20 10:32 AM

Unless the neighbors are extremely good neighbors; this sounds like a complete beating.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Ideas for this tiny piece of land on a bass fishing lake - 12/23/20 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX
Unless the neighbors are extremely good neighbors; this sounds like a complete beating.

Hahaha. RIGHT! roflmao
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: Ideas for this tiny piece of land on a bass fishing lake - 12/23/20 01:28 PM

Pass on it is what my suggestion is.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Ideas for this tiny piece of land on a bass fishing lake - 12/23/20 01:30 PM

Waste of money.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Ideas for this tiny piece of land on a bass fishing lake - 12/23/20 02:36 PM

5000.00? It would be idiotic to purchase that piece of land even if it were 60.00.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Ideas for this tiny piece of land on a bass fishing lake - 12/23/20 02:50 PM

Maybe if it was connected to another piece of land you could actually build in. 5k for an easement you can only walk down is retarded
Posted By: bassnman

Re: Ideas for this tiny piece of land on a bass fishing lake - 12/23/20 02:54 PM

You could use it to launch and beach a canoe or kayak. If there is no other public access to the lake or it is near your favorite spots that might be worth something to you. Sounds like you already have fishing access though.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Ideas for this tiny piece of land on a bass fishing lake - 12/23/20 03:00 PM

Go for it, and then time share it!
Posted By: TXanalogkd

Re: Ideas for this tiny piece of land on a bass fishing lake - 12/23/20 03:03 PM

Do not do it; sounds very bad.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Ideas for this tiny piece of land on a bass fishing lake - 12/23/20 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by lconn4
Go for it, and then time share it!

roflmao
Posted By: gatoreyes

Re: Ideas for this tiny piece of land on a bass fishing lake - 12/23/20 03:42 PM

Sounds useless and you have to pay taxes on it.
Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: Ideas for this tiny piece of land on a bass fishing lake - 12/23/20 03:48 PM

I’ve got some ocean front property in Arizona I’ll let go for half that. PM me.
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: Ideas for this tiny piece of land on a bass fishing lake - 12/23/20 03:49 PM

Put a water pump on it and sell the water to your "neighbors" across the street ?

Put a Kayak launch in and a drop box ?

Put up a high fence and raise some skinny exotic deer ?

That's all a got, can't work much with a 48" width.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Ideas for this tiny piece of land on a bass fishing lake - 12/23/20 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by TxDanFishMan
Put a water pump on it and sell the water to your "neighbors" across the street ?

Put a Kayak launch in and a drop box ?

Put up a high fence and raise some skinny exotic deer ?

That's all a got, can't work much with a 48" width.

roflmao
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Ideas for this tiny piece of land on a bass fishing lake - 12/23/20 04:19 PM

I was going to suggest a long row of stacked bee hives*
*requires very good neighbors
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Ideas for this tiny piece of land on a bass fishing lake - 12/23/20 07:54 PM

Days on market 19,453, and now we know why.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Ideas for this tiny piece of land on a bass fishing lake - 12/23/20 08:23 PM

If the lake has restricted access then you might use it to just walk down to the water where you might have a kayak or other skinny boat parked that could take you out to your very own floating buoy where you might have a boat moored.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Ideas for this tiny piece of land on a bass fishing lake - 12/23/20 09:21 PM

Set up a deer blind.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Ideas for this tiny piece of land on a bass fishing lake - 12/23/20 09:25 PM

That is straight up crazy! I wouldn't pay $50 bucks much less $5000. Useless piece of property for anyone except the owners beside it. Why would they buy it? 4 feet wide? My question is how did it end up not being sold? I've bought and sold hundreds of properties (investor, not a realtor = my money out, my money back in) and I'd never do that deal. Just advice from an old dude who's been to that "life seminar"!
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Ideas for this tiny piece of land on a bass fishing lake - 12/23/20 10:13 PM

Its usesless unless building a ramp for your kayak or bannana boat to be backed with your atv, most all boats and vehicles are wider than 4 feet, I agree I wouldnt pay $500 dollars for it
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum