Texas Fishing Forum

Boris marine (help)

Posted By: joeycan24

Boris marine (help) - 12/23/20 05:41 AM

Does anyone know of a person that works here? I sent them a broken HDS 12 touch a couple of years ago and checked in for updates on repairing it and was told it was inline and waiting for parts. Now (the guy I used to deal with) doesn’t work there and had just told me to call and check to see where my unit even is. Now I can’t get an answer out of anyone as to where my unit actually is. Just finger pointing. Any suggestions?
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Boris marine (help) - 12/23/20 06:05 AM

A couple YEARS ago?
Posted By: buda13

Re: Boris marine (help) - 12/23/20 12:15 PM

Wish I could help you... used to have Dons cell number but after a horrible experience with them earlier this year I deleted it and vowed never to give them my business again.... after 10+ years of using them. All I can say is good luck, If they do find it plan on it taking a solid hour to pick it up when you go.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Boris marine (help) - 12/23/20 12:18 PM

PM Sent
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Boris marine (help) - 12/23/20 12:55 PM

roflmao
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Boris marine (help) - 12/23/20 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by buda13
Wish I could help you... used to have Dons cell number but after a horrible experience with them earlier this year I deleted it and vowed never to give them my business again.... after 10+ years of using them. All I can say is good luck, If they do find it plan on it taking a solid hour to pick it up when you go.

My experience with them as well! Never again
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Boris marine (help) - 12/23/20 01:32 PM

This is a joke of some sorts??? “A couple years”...no way.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Boris marine (help) - 12/23/20 02:29 PM

Ripped me off a few years ago never will go back.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Boris marine (help) - 12/23/20 02:45 PM

My only experience years ago that dumb sh*t didn't want my money to get my motorguide tour repaired, I asked if I could drop it off . listed 4 different days of the week and times and he said he was closed all those times, glad I went to Texas boat world instead.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Boris marine (help) - 12/23/20 02:47 PM

Couple years? Am I reading that correctly? You mean you haven't checked back in a couple years for an hds that's now outdated?
Posted By: bassnman

Re: Boris marine (help) - 12/23/20 02:59 PM

Just wow!
Posted By: gatoreyes

Re: Boris marine (help) - 12/23/20 03:41 PM

Never have had a problem with Boris. The two year timeframe certainly is ridiculous.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Boris marine (help) - 12/23/20 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by gatoreyes
Never have had a problem with Boris. The two year timeframe certainly is ridiculous.

Neither have I, have only used them maybe 3-4 times over several years but was always good for me.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Boris marine (help) - 12/23/20 04:11 PM

All I got to say is you'd better have some sort of documentation or claim check or you might be outta luck on ever seeing it again. GLTY!
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Boris marine (help) - 12/23/20 06:32 PM

This can’t be real
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Boris marine (help) - 12/23/20 07:30 PM

Never had a minutes trouble with them, sounds like CNN
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Boris marine (help) - 12/23/20 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
Couple years? Am I reading that correctly? You mean you haven't checked back in a couple years for an hds that's now outdated?

hmmm confused 3
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Boris marine (help) - 12/23/20 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by pil,b
Never had a minutes trouble with them, sounds like CNN

Have you used them in the past two years? They "used" to be very good. My last experience with them wasn't good either.
Posted By: carlots

Re: Boris marine (help) - 12/24/20 02:53 PM

I have been using them for more than 30 years and never had anything but good results. I had to use them 3 different times this year (2020) and have nothing but praise for Don and his crew. Take a breath and get eyeball to eyeball with Don and every thing will get resolved to your satisfaction. good luck jim goss
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Boris marine (help) - 12/24/20 04:10 PM

popcorn2... Dan
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Boris marine (help) - 12/25/20 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
This is a joke of some sorts??? “A couple years”...no way.
Posted By: joeycan24

Re: Boris marine (help) - 01/03/21 01:27 PM

I have messages to prove it’s been that long. I talked to the old guy in charge And he said they were waiting on a broken unit so that they could take parts from it to fix mine. I have been in contact time after time. I wish it were only me having problems but sounds like quite a few of you have.
Posted By: KnotEnuff

Re: Boris marine (help) - 01/04/21 12:47 AM

Never had a problem with Boris Marine Electronics. Used them for years.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Boris marine (help) - 01/04/21 03:50 AM

roflmao

casually waiting 2 years
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Boris marine (help) - 01/04/21 04:22 PM

Don and the guys at that shop are some of the friendliest guys out there, and I did a decent amount of business with them with my first and second boat. I wouldn't hesitate to call them to ask some questions or to buy something from them in person but I wouldn't be taking my stuff there for service....just my 2 cents.
Posted By: Used2fish

Re: Boris marine (help) - 01/04/21 04:44 PM

Their mistake was telling you they'd fix it. Lowrance give 0 customer support on used units. Throw it in the trash and buy a bird.
Posted By: dbell47

Re: Boris marine (help) - 01/04/21 05:26 PM

Used them once. Had no issues with them.
Posted By: Rog

Re: Boris marine (help) - 01/04/21 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by joeycan24
I have messages to prove it’s been that long. I talked to the old guy in charge And he said they were waiting on a broken unit so that they could take parts from it to fix mine. I have been in contact time after time. I wish it were only me having problems but sounds like quite a few of you have.

What parts you need? I have an old broke HDS 5 in the garage I was about to toss. Not sure if anything compatible but might work????? Also...Dude how slow can you fish a worm, jig, or a fluke......you are patient 😊. I
Posted By: barbarian

Re: Boris marine (help) - 01/04/21 11:48 PM

You should've drove back there 23 months ago and picked it up still not working. Vegas giving 2-1 odds that they can't find your unit much less fix it.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Boris marine (help) - 01/04/21 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by barbarian
You should've drove back there 23 months ago and picked it up still not working. Vegas giving 2-1 odds that they can't find your unit much less fix it.

roflmao unless they have cleaned up the piles and pile of junk in there not finding it is probably correct lol
Posted By: SouthTexasHookup

Re: Boris marine (help) - 01/30/21 03:35 AM

They snagged my HDS9 Gen III. Sent it in in March. Called and called. Girl that repairs them is having issues blah blah. I was way down the list. End of summer they say they ordered parts. Then Oct they had no update Don was sorry this one is tough, Lowrance this and Lowrance that. End of Oct gave him my credit card to send it back. Said it was $40 plus shipping I said ship it. Mid of Dec no unit, called again Girl who worked on it says the parts were wrong, blah blah I said send it back, Gave her my credit card, same $40 checkout fee plus shipping. No unit showed up. For the first 6 months I had every story out of Don he could come up with, all with a good ole boy sense of humor and charm. His contradicted himself a few times. Around August I bought a HDS Carbon 12 that went in easy. Would like to get the broken unit back I have one that works in the bow, I could have part. Not counting on it. Total [censored]. I am going to call one more time for [censored] and giggles. Stay away from these thieves.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Boris marine (help) - 02/01/21 10:50 PM

Fishing partner made the mistake of using them... ONCE, its been in the past couple years. He's convinced the guy has a drug problem.
Posted By: CB Frog

Re: Boris marine (help) - 02/02/21 01:29 AM

I used them in the past week to fix a trolling motor. They handled the warranty and everything from MK and had it fixed in a couple days. I dealt with Dan drooping off and Don on the phone. I thought they were great.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum