Texas Fishing Forum

2014 FX20 Trailer Wiring Help

Posted By: TwoLakes

2014 FX20 Trailer Wiring Help - 12/22/20 12:02 AM

Can someone tell me what type of trailer plug comes on the 2014 FX20?

My plug came off the truck and drug down the highway. I went to re-wire the trailer plug and I see it looks like a 5 way flat plug, but it has 10 wires coming into it. There are two sets of 4 wires, one single blue and one single white wire. I've searched the internet without any luck.

I went to a couple of auto parts stores and they don't have a plug like that.

I tried to figure out how to wire directly into a 7 blade connector, but I didn't have any luck getting all the lights to work properly. :-(

Thanks.
Posted By: ssmith

Re: 2014 FX20 Trailer Wiring Help - 12/22/20 03:01 PM

there is a coiled harness that you can get that is about 2 ft long that has a round plug on one end an a flat 5 on the other it plugs in to the trailer harness up under the toungue with a tie wrap around it to keep in place i have some or the part number in tough guy parts is7-59263 i have some if you need .
Posted By: TwoLakes

Re: 2014 FX20 Trailer Wiring Help - 12/23/20 06:40 AM

Thanks for the information ssmith. Can you send me your contact information through PM? I may buy that part from you after I look up under my tongue and make sure I have the round end there. I have the trailer wiring fixed temporarily until I get the part you have. And thanks to those that sent me a PM.

I called EZ Loader and they said I could connect the same colors together and wire into a 5 flat plug. I had a 7 blade laying around so I wired directly into a 7 blade.

The 10 wires ended up connecting like this for anyone having the same question:

3 white ground wires
2 brown tail lights
1 yellow turn/brake
1 green turn/brake
3 blue trailer brake
Posted By: ssmith

Re: 2014 FX20 Trailer Wiring Help - 12/23/20 02:16 PM

sent info pm
Posted By: David Burton

Re: 2014 FX20 Trailer Wiring Help - 12/24/20 02:31 AM

You can buy the 5-flat to 7 blade coil at Academy