Texas Fishing Forum

H2O Ethos HD

Posted By: bgmg17

H2O Ethos HD - 12/18/20 12:55 PM

Looking for some feedback on this reel. Looking for a reel with more line capacity for bigger baits that doesn’t break the bank.
Thanks
Posted By: CCTX

Re: H2O Ethos HD - 12/18/20 01:15 PM

Don’t know about Ethos reels.
Some tackle stores still have the Quantum Monster in stock.
Some have it on sale right now.
Excellent value under $150
Exceptional value when you find it under $100.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: H2O Ethos HD - 12/18/20 03:04 PM

hard to be a super duty or curado 300 for the big bait reels
Posted By: skeeter61

Re: H2O Ethos HD - 12/18/20 09:58 PM

I have two of the Ethos HD. I use for big hybrids and bass fishing. I have on order the new 8:1 gear ratio. I have no complaints on the reels. Good reel for the price.
Posted By: bgmg17

Re: H2O Ethos HD - 12/19/20 02:22 AM

Good to know. Thanks for the response.
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: H2O Ethos HD - 12/19/20 08:42 PM

How about the tac 40 ?
Posted By: dk2429

Re: H2O Ethos HD - 12/20/20 02:59 AM

H20 reels are tanks whether these guys want to admit it or not. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one

The problem is, 90% of the folks saying how awesome their Shimano's and Quantums and Daiwas are fish the lakes (obviously, its a bass fishing forum...) My Zebco 202 will last the rest of our life in freshwater roflmao

I fish saltwater more often just because it's closer... Every Shimano I've owned I've either sold or took back because they just didn't hold up to saltwater use. The 3 reels I've had the best luck in constant saltwater abuse are..

1- 13 Fishing
2- Lews
3- H20 Xpress

Every other brand of reel has [censored] the bed for me. I think the one that lost me the quickest was my Abu Garcia Revo ALX. I took it back to Bass Pro after one single trip. Thing was a POS once it met salt air... I've completely dunked some of my Concept reels in saltwater on accident while wading... Years ago. Still running to this day like out of the box. The ONE SINGLE TIME I accidently dunked a Curado, the next day it was froze up from rust. That is enough proof in itself on where Shimano stands for me
Posted By: senko9S

Re: H2O Ethos HD - 12/20/20 03:08 AM

any freshwater reel is gonna tank in saltwater. to the op, i would also research weight of lure the reel is capable of along with line capacity. seen a lunker punker take out a brand new Curado 201 on its first cast.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum