Texas Fishing Forum

Artistic Fish Mounts

Posted By: progolferv1

Artistic Fish Mounts - 12/16/20 03:59 PM

Anyone used them before? Sent a deposit in 9 months ago. I was told 4 months, then I was told Corona set them behind. Fast Forward to Oct. I was Told end of the month. When that was not met, I called again and was told end of the week. Well that's been 3 weeks now. Seems like I just lost my deposit..
Posted By: Pete Robbins

Re: Artistic Fish Mounts - 12/16/20 04:23 PM

This seems to be a common issue with taxidermists. I've never used Artistic Fish Mounts, but I have used several others. and all of them (except Lake Fork Taxidermy) have missed deadlines. Sometimes by LONG periods of time. They never seem to call until I contact them, either.
Posted By: progolferv1

Re: Artistic Fish Mounts - 12/16/20 04:55 PM

Agreed. I have a great deer and duck guy. But this has been a nightmare
Posted By: tugboattim

Re: Artistic Fish Mounts - 12/17/20 02:16 AM

I have used northeast taxidermy and currently waiting for my mount from Anglers Choice Fish Mounts
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Artistic Fish Mounts - 12/17/20 05:44 PM

she goes by BEV. look her up. awesome work and i've never heard anyone say anything bad about her...…..she's at lake Fork....
Posted By: rkd

Re: Artistic Fish Mounts - 12/17/20 06:42 PM

Don't worry too much...as you can see in the replies, this sounds common enough. I used a taxidermist one time. He was in Lewisville. Can't remember his name but he did an outstanding job on a redfish I caught in Fairfield. That said, it took about 3X longer than originally anticipated and I had to initiate all contact during the process.
Posted By: justme1581

Re: Artistic Fish Mounts - 12/17/20 08:48 PM

[Linked Image]
They did mine, came out excellent. Took awhile, back under normal circumstances, with current conditions I would expect a really long turnaround.
Posted By: wh2004

Re: Artistic Fish Mounts - 12/17/20 11:57 PM

There are just some businesses that seem to get away with terrible customer service. Taxidermy is one of those. I’ve never understood It. You hear this kind of thing often about most of them.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Artistic Fish Mounts - 12/18/20 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Kerry Richards
[Linked Image]
They did mine, came out excellent. Took awhile, back under normal circumstances, with current conditions I would expect a really long turnaround.

That fish right there would be worth the wait. I will never rush an artist, just be honest and up front about timeline.
Posted By: over the hill @PK

Re: Artistic Fish Mounts - 12/18/20 04:23 PM

I ran into this problem many years ago with a bear I had killed in Colorado went on for over a year waiting on my bear rug. called many times and always the run around .I went to get my hide.I found that the shop was not even there anymore and that the police were hunting the guy to .Never seen my bear hide nor anything else.
Posted By: over the hill @PK

Re: Artistic Fish Mounts - 12/18/20 04:25 PM

I had those guys at Lake Fork do my 13-10 and my 12-7 they did a masterful job .
Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Re: Artistic Fish Mounts - 12/19/20 03:05 PM

There are SOME good taxidermists out there. BUT a few that make the good look bad. Communication is the key. I try to keep all my customers up to date with texts/emails, etc. I also give accurate completion times. If I may add a note on "artistic mounts". I try and deter my customers from water splashes, lots of greenery, etc. It all looks great for awhile, but unless it is in a glass case....it gets dirty. Cleaning is not only a chore but can end up in broken pieces.
Posted By: Vetbassman

Re: Artistic Fish Mounts - 12/19/20 05:10 PM

Beltonbanger above is the best Taxidermist I have ever used. Mr. Bill mounted my wife’s 9 and my minnow 6 Pounder, both on a piece of driftwood.
He completed the mounts early. I couldn’t believe he could do it on time as he had plenty of other mounts he was working on.
Outstanding customer service and product.
Ray
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum