Texas Fishing Forum

Best Larger Hard Swimbaits Storage

Posted By: Burbarry

Best Larger Hard Swimbaits Storage - 12/10/20 02:22 PM

I have recently started getting into Larger swimbaits, but having issues with storage. Seems that most of the 3700 boxes are not big enough to store more than 4 of these baits. I need something that I can store on the boat that will hold 8"+ hard swim and glide baits. Preferably something like Plano case where I can look inside to quickly identify what's in the box. Let me see what y'all are using and where to pick them up.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Best Larger Hard Swimbaits Storage - 12/10/20 02:42 PM

get real man, your not throwing that many. ziplocs for the ones.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Best Larger Hard Swimbaits Storage - 12/10/20 03:12 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Best Larger Hard Swimbaits Storage - 12/10/20 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by senko9S
get real man, your not throwing that many. ziplocs for the ones.

I have 12 over 8" and 15 over 10"
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Best Larger Hard Swimbaits Storage - 12/10/20 05:15 PM

Day after Christmas to early January you will see these at Walmart in the Christmas section for around $7
They are designed for storing random large Christmas decorations.
I have three of them for my large swimbait storage and they work great.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Best Larger Hard Swimbaits Storage - 12/10/20 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX
Day after Christmas to early January you will see these at Walmart in the Christmas section for around $7
They are designed for storing random large Christmas decorations.
I have three of them for my large swimbait storage and they work great.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I might have to try that. I also saw this on another forum. Now, I'm thinking I need to get some treble hook covers for the swimbaits to help them stay apart easier.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Best Larger Hard Swimbaits Storage - 12/10/20 07:36 PM

https://swimbaitunderground.com/forums/index.php?/topic/54335-big-hard-bait-storage/
Posted By: pacertom

Re: Best Larger Hard Swimbaits Storage - 12/10/20 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Burbarry
I have recently started getting into Larger swimbaits, but having issues with storage. Seems that most of the 3700 boxes are not big enough to store more than 4 of these baits. I need something that I can store on the boat that will hold 8"+ hard swim and glide baits. Preferably something like Plano case where I can look inside to quickly identify what's in the box. Let me see what y'all are using and where to pick them up.

The hanging spinnerbait storage boxes work too by the way.... I have 1 box dedicated to large hard swimbaits. Its 7.5 inches tall so limited to the really large ones.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Plano_EDGE_Master_Spinnerbait_Box/descpage-PEMS.html
Posted By: Big Swimbait

Re: Best Larger Hard Swimbaits Storage - 12/11/20 01:15 AM

I use the Sterilite tote with a lid w/handle from Walmart. I drill a couple of holes in each end and use threaded rod secured thru the ends with cap nuts. Put big split rings with a snap on the rod. the thread will keep the baits from sliding around. You can easily use 3 rods if you want. Hang 14 baits up to 10 " with 2 rods, 21 with 3. Less than $20 all-in. [Linked Image]

Re: Best Larger Hard Swimbaits Storage - 12/11/20 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Big Swimbait
I use the Sterilite tote with a lid w/handle from Walmart. I drill a couple of holes in each end and use threaded rod secured thru the ends with cap nuts. Put big split rings with a snap on the rod. the thread will keep the baits from sliding around. You can easily use 3 rods if you want. Hang 14 baits up to 10 " with 2 rods, 21 with 3. Less than $20 all-in. [Linked Image]

What did you use on the ends to hold the rod in place? I like this idea a lot since it would be compact.
Posted By: Rocky Robison

Re: Best Larger Hard Swimbaits Storage - 12/14/20 04:21 AM

Here are a few big Plano boxes 1 hard 1 soft for mainly storage that I use. They're really too heavy to tote around full of baits.
A backpack bag that I have 3600s with several baits in each box.
The 2 wraps with baits stay in the boat.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: JPeel

Re: Best Larger Hard Swimbaits Storage - 12/14/20 12:22 PM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFkyz_1l2aT/?igshid=139anw18tp291

I've since added wraps by Fall of 74 and Hiroshima for longer baits.

Re: Best Larger Hard Swimbaits Storage - 12/15/20 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Rocky Robison
Here are a few big Plano boxes 1 hard 1 soft for mainly storage that I use. They're really too heavy to tote around full of baits.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I like that idea of roll up for baits seems like it would take up less space and great view of the batis.

Re: Best Larger Hard Swimbaits Storage - 12/16/20 12:57 AM

What did you use on the ends to hold the rod in place? I like this idea a lot since it would be compact.

Brass cap nuts. They are a flat head on one end and the other is the threaded tube you see in the pic.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-4-in-x-12-mm-Nut-Brass-Connecting-Cap-818008/204281655

Re: Best Larger Hard Swimbaits Storage - 12/16/20 01:20 AM

Brass cap nuts. They are a flat head on one end and the other is the threaded tube you see in the pic.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-4-in-x-12-mm-Nut-Brass-Connecting-Cap-818008/204281655

Here is the tote I use. [Linked Image]

Re: Best Larger Hard Swimbaits Storage - 12/16/20 10:36 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I like that idea of roll up for baits seems like it would take up less space and great view of the batis.

To me it's the best thing I've found for carrying baits in the boat or just toting one or both bags with my F5 travel rods around for quick pond excursions. You can get quite a few baits in each pouch and some pretty big baits fit in them. There's several over 9 inches in them. You need to have the hook covers on the tho, because the hooks will poke you thru the mesh part if not
This is what they look like rolled up full of baits. [Linked Image]

https://www.amazon.com/Plano-PLAB18...1-1-bfc133e7-1427-41c8-9e29-92730370e540
Posted By: pacertom

Re: Best Larger Hard Swimbaits Storage - 12/16/20 03:42 PM

Ive gotten on the "roll" train too for a lot of tackle....Its really a great space saver vs the traditional plano boxes.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Best Larger Hard Swimbaits Storage - 12/16/20 10:40 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

AND a nice "little" AC Plug stickin his head up in that box! Sweet!

Re: Best Larger Hard Swimbaits Storage - 12/16/20 11:55 PM

[/quote]

AND a nice "little" AC Plug stickin his head up in that box! Sweet![/quote]
Actually 7 of them in that box.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by pacertom
Ive gotten on the "roll" train too for a lot of tackle....Its really a great space saver vs the traditional plano boxes.

I agree, as you can see here, they're approximately 43"X15" unrolled, and rolled up and placed on the side, they take up very little space in the box.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum