Texas Fishing Forum

Curado K - Line Choice

Posted By: Strat-a-Caster

Curado K - Line Choice - 12/04/20 04:54 AM

I recently bought a Curado K. I intend to put 12# Fluoro on it. However, I have heard from one source they struggled to get the reel to corporate with literally the exact line I plan to use. They ended up putting braid on it and then it worked for them perfectly. Before I spool it up, does anyone else know of having any issues with fluoro line on the K and I am just ignorant of this problem?
Posted By: FXfromTx

Re: Curado K - Line Choice - 12/04/20 05:26 AM

I have used Seagaur Red and Sunline FC Sniper on a few of my K’s without issue. I wonder if your source has used FC very much. It behaves much different than mono or fluoro in any reel. It can take some getting used to, especially with cheaper FC.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Curado K - Line Choice - 12/04/20 11:12 AM

Cold water I like P-Line CX Premium. I find Invizx is a bit stiff in the cold....as soon as Spring hits I respool to Invizx.
Posted By: Greg W

Re: Curado K - Line Choice - 12/04/20 08:03 PM

I have several K's. Fish 12lb co-poly for open water cranks/traps and 15lb floro for plastics and pretty much anything else except c-rig and drop shot. Very good reels. Only issue is the brakes are not as configurable as a dial.

As to cold water with Invisix, have you tried line conditioner and did that make a difference. I ask because I just put some Invisix on a K I'm using this weekend.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Curado K - Line Choice - 12/04/20 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮
Cold water I like P-Line CX Premium. I find Invizx is a bit stiff in the cold....as soon as Spring hits I respool to Invizx.

I've quit fluoro and gone to this 100%, love it.
Posted By: rickys

Re: Curado K - Line Choice - 12/04/20 08:09 PM

I've used braid/Seagar Fluro/Big Game mono on them and never had any issues.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Curado K - Line Choice - 12/04/20 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by rickys
I've used braid/Seagar Fluro/Big Game mono on them and never had any issues.

Same.
I've never heard of a baitcast reel not doing well with a specific type of line.... confused
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Curado K - Line Choice - 12/04/20 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Strat-a-Caster
I recently bought a Curado K. I intend to put 12# Fluoro on it. However, I have heard from one source they struggled to get the reel to corporate with literally the exact line I plan to use. They ended up putting braid on it and then it worked for them perfectly. Before I spool it up, does anyone else know of having any issues with fluoro line on the K and I am just ignorant of this problem?

Did your source happen to be a braid sales company?
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Curado K - Line Choice - 12/05/20 12:14 AM

Anti-fluoroer??
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Curado K - Line Choice - 12/05/20 12:37 AM

Your source doesn't know how to adjust spool tension or brakes on a reel.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Curado K - Line Choice - 12/05/20 12:39 AM

Lol, put whatever line you want on it. I have plenty of Ks with 12 lb line on em.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Curado K - Line Choice - 12/06/20 11:13 PM

I use Invizx year around with no issues. Other lines I use are P-Line premium, P Line CXX, and McCoys Mean Green.
Posted By: 5-20

Re: Curado K - Line Choice - 12/07/20 01:49 AM

This reel is very finicky. I’ve gotten some monster backlashes on it with #10. I went up to #12 Invix but still have some issues casting this reel with 100% confidence. And I have 4 of the 200K reels.

Went up to #15 Invix. Much better. But oh boy, I sort of miss having 110% confidence and knowing exactly what my reels would do that I had in the 200e series. I still have three of them thankfully.
Posted By: Larry Mosby

Re: Curado K - Line Choice - 12/07/20 11:26 PM

I throw cranks with several Ks on 12 or 15 lb Seagar with no issues
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Curado K - Line Choice - 12/07/20 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111

Your source doesn't know how to adjust spool tension or brakes on a reel.

+1
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum