Texas Fishing Forum

Welsh water level

Posted By: Skeeterboy86

Welsh water level - 12/03/20 12:29 AM

Just curious if anyone has been on welsh or know how the water level is last time i was there almost year ago wasnt safe to dock your boat
Posted By: rscustomrods

Re: Welsh water level - 12/03/20 01:45 AM

It’s two feet lower than last week
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Welsh water level - 12/03/20 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Skeeterboy86
Just curious if anyone has been on welsh or know how the water level is last time i was there almost year ago wasnt safe to dock your boat

How was it unsafe to "dock" your boat? I've never experienced that anywhere
Posted By: Skeeterboy86

Re: Welsh water level - 12/03/20 02:18 AM

Cause when i fished it was so low you had run across sand bar to get on the trailer and alot people messed up props and sucked alot sand and rocks up in there motor
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Welsh water level - 12/03/20 02:24 AM

I was there two weeks ago and a buddy sucked up some sand at the ramp launching and messed up a thermostat. Cost him about $100 to get it fixed. I was out in my boat at the same time and did not have a problem. I have in the past though.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Welsh water level - 12/03/20 02:55 AM

There is a big sand rock junk pile right behind the ramp.that being said I'd just go somewhere else.
Posted By: D Ozio - Lake Fork Guide

Re: Welsh water level - 12/07/20 11:32 PM

Last year at this time the Welsh was low. Day after day loading at that ramp caused the thermostats to get stuck open from the small pebbles which caused the powerhead to blow. The engine has to get to about 120 degrees to allow the pistons to swell so I am told by Service Marine. They also replaced the powerhead. Food for thought.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Welsh water level - 12/07/20 11:58 PM

You have to clean out the thermostats if your motor isn't getting to operating temp. I wait till it is 127-132 degrees before I open it up.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum