Texas Fishing Forum

Skeeter FXR21 - Great Bass Boat Search of 2020-21

Posted By: KenTx1962

Skeeter FXR21 - Great Bass Boat Search of 2020-21 - 12/01/20 08:36 PM

I think this has been the most requested review of all....

Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Skeeter FXR21 - Great Bass Boat Search of 2020-21 - 12/01/20 08:53 PM

Watched it earlier this morning on youtube. Great videos Ken. Looking forward to the next ones on this boat.

On the bouncing issue at low speeds....set the Atlas at about 6. Which is 2.5" on the tape. I've found that works best and you really dont loose any whole shot at all. I know everyone runs boats differently. Ive just found that to be my good all around height on my jackplate. Actually rarely ever move it.
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Skeeter FXR21 - Great Bass Boat Search of 2020-21 - 12/01/20 10:30 PM

Pretty boat... Too bad they don't hang Mercury's on the back... Dan
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Skeeter FXR21 - Great Bass Boat Search of 2020-21 - 12/01/20 10:55 PM

Ken, what boats do you have left to review?
Posted By: CrankBass

Re: Skeeter FXR21 - Great Bass Boat Search of 2020-21 - 12/02/20 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Sinkey
Watched it earlier this morning on youtube. Great videos Ken. Looking forward to the next ones on this boat.

On the bouncing issue at low speeds....set the Atlas at about 6. Which is 2.5" on the tape. I've found that works best and you really dont loose any whole shot at all. I know everyone runs boats differently. Ive just found that to be my good all around height on my jackplate. Actually rarely ever move it.

Agree 1000%! If you have the plate too high or too low it is a totally different boat. Once I dialed it in the ride in rough water has been great!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Skeeter FXR21 - Great Bass Boat Search of 2020-21 - 12/02/20 05:59 AM

Great review. thumb
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Skeeter FXR21 - Great Bass Boat Search of 2020-21 - 12/02/20 12:26 PM

Nice Boat
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Skeeter FXR21 - Great Bass Boat Search of 2020-21 - 12/02/20 01:06 PM

Be careful the skeeter crew will come after you like no other roflmao
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Skeeter FXR21 - Great Bass Boat Search of 2020-21 - 12/02/20 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
Be careful the skeeter crew will come after you like no other roflmao

hung
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Skeeter FXR21 - Great Bass Boat Search of 2020-21 - 12/02/20 03:01 PM

Does Skeeter still do the all aluminum decking up front?
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Skeeter FXR21 - Great Bass Boat Search of 2020-21 - 12/02/20 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger1

I looked at a Skeeter many years ago and the decking reminded me of a computer floor in an IT center.

Re: Skeeter FXR21 - Great Bass Boat Search of 2020-21 - 12/02/20 09:05 PM

Weight in the driver seat has a lot to do with it. smile

Re: Skeeter FXR21 - Great Bass Boat Search of 2020-21 - 12/02/20 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by BThomas

I looked at a Skeeter many years ago and the decking reminded me of a computer floor in an IT center.

I was wondering if they still do that Bennie

Re: Skeeter FXR21 - Great Bass Boat Search of 2020-21 - 12/02/20 09:30 PM

I was wondering if they still do that Bennie

Not sure bud. But, it turned me off of getting a skeeter.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Skeeter FXR21 - Great Bass Boat Search of 2020-21 - 12/02/20 09:51 PM

Ken seemed quite partial to Skeeter right off the bat .

I don't know about Skeeter now, I don't tourney fish and haven't ridden in one in a long time but friends and I used to laugh at listening to Skeeter crossing Rayburn and they sounded like a rapid base drumming sound vs other boats.

Re: Skeeter FXR21 - Great Bass Boat Search of 2020-21 - 12/02/20 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by RayBob
Ken seemed quite partial to Skeeter right off the bat .

I don't know about Skeeter now, I don't tourney fish and haven't ridden in one in a long time but friends and I used to laugh at listening to Skeeter crossing Rayburn and they sounded like a rapid base drumming sound vs other boats.

They still do
Posted By: Bowtech32

Re: Skeeter FXR21 - Great Bass Boat Search of 2020-21 - 12/04/20 02:28 AM

Where is the 3rd part, just impatient lol
Posted By: KenTx1962

Re: Skeeter FXR21 - Great Bass Boat Search of 2020-21 - 12/04/20 03:14 AM

Guys I try to state my bias and I did love my Skeeter but as I said fit and finish made me crazy....

Right now I know I still want to do Falcon, and Bass Cat, Nitro, Ballistic, Allison and Gambler when they get in production. Also would like to do a Pro Gator if they ever get into production. Open to other glass boat ideas if anybody has one. Posting part 2 and 3 right behind this
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Skeeter FXR21 - Great Bass Boat Search of 2020-21 - 12/04/20 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by KenTx1962
Guys I try to state my bias and I did love my Skeeter but as I said fit and finish made me crazy....

Right now I know I still want to do Falcon, and Bass Cat, Nitro, Ballistic, Allison and Gambler when they get in production. Also would like to do a Pro Gator if they ever get into production. Open to other glass boat ideas if anybody has one. Posting part 2 and 3 right behind this

cheers
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Skeeter FXR21 - Great Bass Boat Search of 2020-21 - 12/04/20 03:41 PM

Weight in the driver seat has a lot to do with it. smile

Bennie, I know Ive gained some weight as Ive gotten older, but Dang! roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum