Texas Fishing Forum

Plastics Storage

Posted By: JoseyWales34

Plastics Storage - 12/01/20 05:43 PM

I tried searching but couldn't find anything (I probably just suck at the search function)

What does everyone use for plastic storage?

Right now we just have them in a bin but searching for a specific bait gets old.

Show me all your ideas!!!
Posted By: ArcherAnthony

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/01/20 05:51 PM

i use a worm bag and rotate out per the season. I keep my reserves in a rubbermaid bin
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/01/20 05:53 PM

See thru mesh laundry bags
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/01/20 06:01 PM

I hate having full bags in the boat and digging through them. I put a few of each color in the box and leave the rest of the bag at home. (If I go out of town, I’ll take the bags with me and leave them in the truck/hotel/house)

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Burbarry

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/01/20 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
I hate having full bags in the boat and digging through them. I put a few of each color in the box and leave the rest of the bag at home. (If I go out of town, I’ll take the bags with me and leave them in the truck/hotel/house)

[Linked Image]

What did you use to write on there? I use plano boxes like this and adding labels would make it easier to know whats in there right away.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/01/20 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Burbarry

[Linked Image]

What did you use to write on there? I use plano boxes like this and adding labels would make it easier to know whats in there right away.

Looks like black duct tape and a white paint pen...
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/01/20 06:38 PM

I store my plastics in their original packaging, sorted by color, type, and a gallon ziplock bag.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/01/20 06:48 PM

Looks like a Sharpie paint pen in white. Leaves a long lasting easy to read inscription. The paint pens work well on Gorilla Tape.

I keep all my plastics in their original packaging.

Then, I use those Jumbo 2.5 gallon ziplock bags to further separate and categorize them (have about fifty)

The most important plastics to keep separate are the Elaztec plastics (Zman and the Strike King Elaztec baits)
One bag for Zman worms, One bag for Zman Ned sized plastics, One bag for Zman creatures and frogs

Two bags for 6inch and under worms in clear water colors
Two for 6 inch and under worms for stained water colors
Two for 7 inch and over worms in clear water colors
Two for 7 inch and over worms in stained water coors
Two for craws in clear water colors
Two for craws in stained water colors
Two for grubs in clear water colors
Two for grubs in stained water colors
Two for shad and lighter colored flukes
Two for bluegill and darker colored flukes
One for lizards in clear water colors
etc, etc, etc

This all stays in the house and/or garage with all the clear water colors on one side of the room and all the stained water colors on the other side of the room. The night before I go fishing, I just take what I plan on using--definitely minimizes what tackle I have in the boat and/or the kayak. In hindsight, it would have been easier just to buy everything in black and blue, white, and Cali 420
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/01/20 07:20 PM

I just keep the organized by type (curly tail worm, lizard/brushhog, flipping baits, finesse etc) in either a hard rubbermade container or the soft bags work fine as well.
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/02/20 12:57 AM

[Linked Image]

I found these school supplies bags at Walmart closeout isle for 50 cents each. So far it is working well for me.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/02/20 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by avid_basser
Originally Posted by Burbarry

[Linked Image]

Looks like black duct tape and a white paint pen...

Pretty close, it’s the black gorilla tape. The stuff is the devil! A nightmare to get off whatever you put it on. The White was an oil based Sharpie paint pen, you can find them at craft stores or in Walmart, in the craft section. (Oil based last longer) The guys above, had it all figured out. cheers
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/02/20 01:50 AM

I normally keep all mine in 3700s but I'm slowly getting to keeping them in the bags they came in and putting those in a big ziplock. I dont know which I like better though
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/02/20 01:54 AM

Bass mafia bags
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/02/20 01:58 AM

I only use one color and I just dump them all over the bottom of boat
Posted By: Outdoordude

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/02/20 02:08 AM

I use cheap storage tubs with lids organized by general bait type with the original bags stuffed in them. I think they're about 13in x 8in x 5in.
Posted By: Littledog

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/02/20 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by WAWI
I only use one color and I just dump them all over the bottom of boat

roflmao Awsome!!
Any color is good as long as its june bug.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/03/20 01:49 AM

I'm not as organized as grout-scout. I bought these off Amazon and put all similar baits in each one. They are much thicker than the freezer zip-loc bags

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ranger392xt

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/03/20 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX
Looks like a Sharpie paint pen in white. Leaves a long lasting easy to read inscription. The paint pens work well on Gorilla Tape.

I keep all my plastics in their original packaging.

Then, I use those Jumbo 2.5 gallon ziplock bags to further separate and categorize them (have about fifty)

The most important plastics to keep separate are the Elaztec plastics (Zman and the Strike King Elaztec baits)
One bag for Zman worms, One bag for Zman Ned sized plastics, One bag for Zman creatures and frogs

Two bags for 6inch and under worms in clear water colors
Two for 6 inch and under worms for stained water colors
Two for 7 inch and over worms in clear water colors
Two for 7 inch and over worms in stained water coors
Two for craws in clear water colors
Two for craws in stained water colors
Two for grubs in clear water colors
Two for grubs in stained water colors
Two for shad and lighter colored flukes
Two for bluegill and darker colored flukes
One for lizards in clear water colors
etc, etc, etc

This all stays in the house and/or garage with all the clear water colors on one side of the room and all the stained water colors on the other side of the room. The night before I go fishing, I just take what I plan on using--definitely minimizes what tackle I have in the boat and/or the kayak. In hindsight, it would have been easier just to buy everything in black and blue, white, and Cali 420
[Linked Image]

Same for me. nothing works great but this appears to be simplest (except for the one color concept!)
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/03/20 02:43 PM

Used to use plastic shoe boxes, but find they are bulky and more difficult to fit in my storage compartment.

I use the 2.5 gallon ziploc bags. I will typically keep 3-4 bags of each color in the boat and use a shower curtain ring to keep the same colors together.

I have bags for:

Power Craws
10" Worms
7" Worms
Mag Flukes
Standard Flukes
Frogs/Lizzards/Brush Hogs
Creature Baits/Trailers
Stick Baits

I can fit a lot more soft plastics in my storage compartment now that they are in ziplocs.
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/03/20 04:46 PM

I just use gallon bags. So can spread out the contents quickly and spot what I want
Posted By: 21sammy

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/03/20 05:14 PM

I use the bass mafia bags. Keep 5 or 6 in storage and 1 with my main tackle that has baits I am currently using in it.
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/03/20 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by avid_basser
I store my plastics in their original packaging, sorted by color, type, and a gallon ziplock bag.

Same
Posted By: rkd

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/03/20 09:32 PM

OK, so what's wrong with taking plastics out of their original packaging and keeping them sorted (by color, etc) in the various compartments of a Plano box? Is there a "freshness" factor if you keep them in their original packaging? I go through the basics (flukes, senkos, brushhogs) fast enough that a full package of baits rarely last longer than a few months. I wouldn't do this with Power baits.
Posted By: FEVER

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/04/20 02:41 AM

Check out AMPD marine
Posted By: Page

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/04/20 02:52 AM

Check out
AMPDMARINE.com

Or

Accurate Manufacturing Product and Development on FB
If you have any questions feel free to contact me

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/04/20 02:54 AM

Check out Accurate Manufacturing Product and Development on FB

Feel free to contact me with any questions

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/04/20 12:50 PM

This is one of our products developed.

Attached picture 85EDE236-8E0B-432F-ABDA-5FB6214CA2A5.jpeg
Attached picture 74E46964-489E-4856-BF77-0AE00BBD78FE.jpeg
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/04/20 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by rkd
OK, so what's wrong with taking plastics out of their original packaging and keeping them sorted (by color, etc) in the various compartments of a Plano box? Is there a "freshness" factor if you keep them in their original packaging? I go through the basics (flukes, senkos, brushhogs) fast enough that a full package of baits rarely last longer than a few months. I wouldn't do this with Power baits.

If you store your plastics in plano boxes and the compartment that you keep them in gets wet or a lot of condensation in it then the baits will basically get waterlogged. They swell up a little bit and look pimpled. 3 years ago I organized all my plastics this way and although they weren't ruined, they certainly weren't fresh lol.
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/04/20 01:53 PM

Walmart plastic bag. They hold a lot.
Posted By: Txbassin

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/04/20 02:07 PM

Plano Z-Series Wrap Tackle Bag!
I bought this last year and it carries all I need when I run low on a particular bait I just put in a fresh bag.
Posted By: ranger392xt

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/04/20 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by rkd

In addition to space saving, it allows me to know what is what and when the bag is empty i know i need more. I buy multiple bags of high use plastics and then combine two bags in one, the normal package doesn't carry enough if you are on a hot bite or co-angler needs that color.
Posted By: TexasMo

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/04/20 08:11 PM

https://youtu.be/gE7lrGZVNXo
Posted By: Capt. Bryan

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/08/20 01:43 AM

I keep my color choices to 3-4 and bait style to 3-4. I will combine 2 or 3 packs of same color / style of bait and then put those on a metal shower curtain ring with all like styles of plastics. Plus two 3700 boxes of hard baits.

I usually have a ring for:
10 inch worms
Senkos
Flipping bugs
Brush hogs
Swim baits for A rigs

I then keep a tote to replenish those in my boat storage shed. Reduces weight in boat and keeps things simple.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/08/20 02:05 AM

I use H2O Express Rigging Bags for mine and add tags on the handles for each type plastic is in them.

Worms
Big Worms
Craws
Senkos
Creatures
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/08/20 02:27 AM

Plano KVD Series Wormfile Speed Bags
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/08/20 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Capt. Bryan
I keep my color choices to 3-4 and bait style to 3-4. I will combine 2 or 3 packs of same color / style of bait and then put those on a metal shower curtain ring with all like styles of plastics. Plus two 3700 boxes of hard baits.

I usually have a ring for:
10 inch worms
Senkos
Flipping bugs
Brush hogs
Swim baits for A rigs

I then keep a tote to replenish those in my boat storage shed. Reduces weight in boat and keeps things simple.

I thought you had to have every color and color combination known to man to catch fish. I sure hope my wife never hears this.

Everyone could actually make life a lot simpler and still catch as many fish with this approach. I probably have soft plastics in my boat that have been in there for nearly the entire 6 years I've owned it that I have never used.
Posted By: Mallison22

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/09/20 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111

Agree!
Posted By: pacertom

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/13/20 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mallison66

Agree!

I use these as well but really wish they would have made these with a see thru plastic top.....I have 5 bags and haven't been able to get anything to stick long term for marking the outside. 1st world problems I know...
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/13/20 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by pacertom
Originally Posted by Mallison66

Agree!

I use these as well but really wish they would have made these with a see thru plastic top.....I have 5 bags and haven't been able to get anything to stick long term for marking the outside. 1st world problems I know...

Duct tape
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Plastics Storage - 12/13/20 12:47 AM

I keep my soft plastics in the bag they come in and put them into these containers. Finesse worms, craws, creatures, trick worms, etc all in their own container. It works very well for me. I get them at Walmart.

https://www.sterilite.com/SelectProduct.html?id=937&ProductCategory=180&section=1
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum