Texas Fishing Forum

Spinnerbait rod

Posted By: basscaster46

Spinnerbait rod - 11/21/20 06:24 PM

Thinking about buying new rod for spinnerbait 6’ 6” is what I want. Should I get a moderate fast or ? Falcon has a bucoo 6’8” was looking at that what say you? Have a couple 7 ‘ rods want a shorter rod.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Spinnerbait rod - 11/21/20 07:15 PM

I throw the Fenwick Elite Tech Target in 6'10" in Med./Heavy with Mod./Light tip. You will be very pleased.
https://www.zeiners.com/purefishing/elitetechtargetspinnerbait.html
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Spinnerbait rod - 11/21/20 07:20 PM

That Bucco would work just fine. And you can use it for other techniques as well. Chatterbait, jerk bait, senko/fluke, square bill, small cranks, etc.
Posted By: Cmack

Re: Spinnerbait rod - 11/21/20 09:08 PM

I either use a 5'10" heavy pistol grip that I built or a G Loomis 853 JWR with 2" removed from the butt. Depends on how heavy the cover I'm fishing is.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Spinnerbait rod - 11/21/20 09:15 PM

I've got 3 blade rods. I have that same buccoo your talking about. I have a Castaway spinnerbait rod and a Loomis SBR 813. I throw a 1/4 on the falcon, 3/8 on the castaway and a 1/2 on the Loomis.
Posted By: Hair Jig

Re: Spinnerbait rod - 11/21/20 10:29 PM

Everything is personal preference, but I prefer an x-fast action with a LOT of backbone. Hvy or at lease med-heavy. Remember that most spinnerbait hooks are fairly large, heavy hooks and more often than not you are driving that hook into the tough upper part of the mouth. I want a rod that can drive the hook reliably.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Spinnerbait rod - 11/22/20 02:08 AM

Check out FXtreme rods. I really like them for moving baits. I have a couple of the 6ft 3in and the 6ft 8in ones that I use for spinner baits, small swim baits on an Owner flashy swimmer, and chatter baits. I originally bought the 6ft 3in. ones for skipping docks but really like them better for throwing the baits I mentioned. The grips on these rods do not get slick when wet. I liked them so much I also bought two of their crank bait rods and two of their swim bait rods.
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Spinnerbait rod - 11/22/20 03:20 AM

Thanks guys
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum