Texas Fishing Forum

BASS to Fox Sports

Posted By: Barn

BASS to Fox Sports - 11/17/20 06:01 PM

For the first time in history, all nine Bassmaster Elite events, as well as the Academy Sports + Outdoors Bassmaster Classic presented by Huk will feature live television coverage as the Elite Series moves to the FOX Sports platforms beginning in February 2021.

This new multi-year partnership between FOX Sports and Bassmaster allows for more expansive coverage of the tournaments, giving fans an opportunity to follow the action live as the world’s best anglers battle big bass — and each other — on some of America’s most legendary fisheries.

Highlighting the coverage is the iconic Bassmaster Classic on Lake Ray Roberts March 19-21, which will feature three hours of content on the FOX broadcast network and three hours of content on FS1.

https://www.bassmaster.com/news/fox-sports-featuring-live-coverage-all-elite-events-and-classic-2021
Posted By: Brent S

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/17/20 06:11 PM

Does anyone even get for sports anymore?
Posted By: SC-001

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/17/20 06:11 PM

Huh didn't see that one coming... so I guess ESPN and BASS divorced? So now you have MLF on CBS before pro golf on the weekends and Bassmaster live on FOX, possibly at the same time. Never would have believed that 10 years ago. I wonder if Zona and Sanders stay.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/17/20 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by SC-001
Huh didn't see that one coming... so I guess ESPN and BASS divorced? So now you have MLF on CBS before pro golf on the weekends and Bassmaster live on FOX, possibly at the same time. Never would have believed that 10 years ago. I wonder if Zona and Sanders stay.

Why would they not stay?
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/17/20 06:43 PM

It's unlikely that there was any bad blood with BASS and ESPN as they've had a long partnership. The most likely scenario here is BASS found better pricing for their TV buy. My guess anyway.
Posted By: Squirrely Dan

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/17/20 07:09 PM

Joe Buck gonna be calling it?
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/17/20 07:39 PM

Can’t wait to see all “but the mlf has 5,000,000,000,000,000,000 hours of tv time” guys on here. BASS clearly has the upper hand over the little fish circuit. They just mic dropped the industry.
Posted By: Matt Houston

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/17/20 07:40 PM

That kinda sucks. I was hoping they would stay on ESPN and keep the 6 hour Bassmaster LIVE format like they have been doing. I really enjoyed watching that.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/17/20 08:04 PM

If I have to buy a tv package with Fox Sports Southwest to watch this then I'm out as a fan. Been down that road with the Rangers and I just stopped watching them. Sounds like when they are live on Fox sports the live stream on the website will either not exist or be very limited. If Fox would offer an independent streaming package like CBS I would buy that, but all the packages with Fox Sports have a million other channels that I refuse to support.

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/17/20 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Im RICK JAMES

I'm mean he's done a great job with golf right eek
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/17/20 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Seale
Can’t wait to see all “but the mlf has 5,000,000,000,000,000,000 hours of tv time” guys on here. BASS clearly has the upper hand over the little fish circuit. They just mic dropped the industry.

Huh?? I watch both and enjoy both, but until BASS does a two hour show on each day of coverage of every event, MLF has them covered on the TV side
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/17/20 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
If I have to buy a tv package with Fox Sports Southwest to watch this then I'm out as a fan. Been down that road with the Rangers and I just stopped watching them. Sounds like when they are live on Fox sports the live stream on the website will either not exist or be very limited. If Fox would offer an independent streaming package like CBS I would buy that, but all the packages with Fox Sports have a million other channels that I refuse to support.

Fox Sports will have to pay for all that TV time they just paid dearly for so it will be a cable channel for sure.

I just hope they keep the political BS out of it.

If they don't they may be in the same holes that the NBA, NFL, and MLB have found themselves.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/17/20 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by SoCal Tom

Huh?? I watch both and enjoy both, but until BASS does a two hour show on each day of coverage of every event, MLF has them covered on the TV side

His statement has zero to do with who actually will have more air time. For some reason he just hates BPT/MLF

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/17/20 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by BigDozer66

Fox Sports will have to pay for all that TV time they just paid dearly for so it will be a cable channel for sure.

If they don't they may be in the same holes that the NBA, NFL, and MLB have found themselves.

I can assure you that FOX didn't pay BASS. In the world of fishing, the leagues pay for their airtime. Perhaps they bartered or negotiated a better buy but they didn't get paid to air fishing.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/17/20 08:44 PM

I'm not an advocate for either but please explain how BASS has the upper hand.

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/17/20 08:46 PM

They found a new network for their shows at a better price point. The didn't mic drop anyone, they're managing their business and profitability, while providing as much reach as possible to their sponsors and their angler base. And yes, they still have less hours of coverage and that too still matters.

Nevermind, I stand corrected, the article says they got some rev for it. Good for them. cheers
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/17/20 09:01 PM

Obviously there are costs involved with streaming something like this. I'm willing to pay to watch. Not trying to be cheap. I'm just not willing to pay the platforms they are currently on.
Posted By: buda13

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/17/20 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by SAKS

It’s called “MLF Rage”, there is no logic behind it.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/17/20 09:20 PM

Serious question because I dont know for sure. How much of the 2020 MLF/BPT season has aired on TV? Any of it live?
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/17/20 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dubee

His statement has zero to do with who actually will have more air time. For some reason he just hates BPT/MLF

Because personally I find the level of butthurt from many of you when someone bashes mlf comical. It's not hard to get some of you riled up.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/17/20 09:31 PM

fox can eat one. grill
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/17/20 09:36 PM

This is going to be great! Now we will get to see even more bass Pros on TV and perhaps even more live. I admit I like the MLF format more mainly because the actors are mostly the pros I was used to see fishing BASS for decades. Now BASS is mostly a bunch of guys I have never heard of. Yes they will become more familiar but that takes time.

The case here is that we will be getting more TV time on pro fishing.

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/17/20 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by buda13
Originally Posted by SAKS

It’s called “MLF Rage”, there is no logic behind it.

Lol

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/17/20 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Dubee

Because personally I find the level of butthurt from many of you when someone bashes mlf comical. It's not hard to get some of you riled up.

I don't know anyone that gets butthurt or riled up about it. Seems to me the only ones that get riled up are guys like you that like to bash it. To me it's just another tournament trail that has a format i really like. If they folded tomorrow it wouldn't change my life one bit. But them having success sure seems to make you butthurt
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/17/20 10:42 PM

Does this mean Marty stone is out? He’s the worst part of the telecasts. Always stating the obvious and blowing smoke up everyone’s arrses.

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/17/20 11:51 PM

Saw on Stray Casts podcast where Hackney said he is trying to requalify for the Elites and the Classic. He might accomplish both tbis week.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/18/20 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Saw on Stray Casts podcast where Hackney said he is trying to requalify for the Elites and the Classic. He might accomplish both tbis week.

I hope he does. Heck I hope everybody that wants to does but somebody is going to be left out. He has a good chance this week though
Posted By: SAKS

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/18/20 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce Allen
This is going to be great! Now we will get to see even more bass Pros on TV and perhaps even more live. I admit I like the MLF format more mainly because the actors are mostly the pros I was used to see fishing BASS for decades. Now BASS is mostly a bunch of guys I have never heard of. Yes they will become more familiar but that takes time.

The case here is that we will be getting more TV time on pro fishing.

I am with you on this. I think it’s great to have both.

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/18/20 12:42 AM

I saw that too. I got the impression Hackney doesn't care for some of the new guys team mentality approach.

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/18/20 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Chris B

I saw that too. I got the impression Hackney doesn't care for some of the new guys team mentality approach.

BASS seems to fit his fishing style better too. Hope he makes it back.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/18/20 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by senko9S
fox can eat one. grill

What did they do to you?
Posted By: senko9S

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/18/20 01:23 AM

flag
Posted By: Neal G

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/18/20 01:48 AM

Name the suckas that will back fill for those leaving BPT/MLF.... confused and then what was the criteria that MLF used but should have to select the replacement players? eeks

Lots of discussion forum fun coming soon...
banana

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/18/20 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by Neal G

Name the suckas that will back fill for those leaving BPT/MLF.... confused and then what was the criteria that MLF used but should have to select the replacement players? eeks

banana

If anyone leaves then BPT picks who fills the spots. Just like when the guys left BASS and they picked who they wanted from FLW. No big deal
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/18/20 03:42 AM

Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/18/20 03:47 AM

bang what tree grower said iam in n garland/ frontier cable, they droppedfox sports [rangers etc i was p.o. called and rasied he## they reduced bill 2o.$ B.S.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/18/20 04:33 AM

And Troy saying “man that perfect retrieve past that stump got that big ol bass to bite, now let’s see if he has the patience to get him landed inside the boat”. Lol
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/18/20 06:47 AM

Hack doesn't care which fits his style better its which fits his wallet better.

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/18/20 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Neal G

banana

You miss that MLF bought FLW last year?

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/18/20 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

Hack doesn't care which fits his style better its which fits his wallet better.

But you said 2 years ago BPT was gonna kill off BASS. Now you say Hackney is going back to maje more money.
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/18/20 04:55 PM

does this mean no more internet feeds?

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/18/20 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by OzzieFish

I would think live streaming on www.bassmaster.com will continue. Its a standalone separate deal.

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/21/20 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by OzzieFish

I would think live streaming on www.bassmaster.com will continue. Its a standalone separate deal.

Yep, the leagues rely on their site traffic in a big way. Can't see a scenario where it wouldn't be live on the site.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/21/20 09:12 PM

With the large number of redneck non sympathizers that support bass fishing, they would probably be doing themselves in if they try and cram the same political BS down people's throats that the major sports have this year.
Posted By: flippinskeeter

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/21/20 09:28 PM

It’s going to be the same production crew from JM Associates producing and commentating. I know the Classic will be live on Fox, but I’m curious if any of the Elite events will strictly be on FS1.

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/22/20 05:02 PM

The guy that does the BTL podcast is spot on, the group that runs MLF continues to make poor decisions as they've done from the beginning its based on hate and its going to be their downfall. They were positioned to crush Anderson media corp. after the exodus but have squandered that opportunity.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 11/22/20 05:58 PM

I hope not

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 12/10/20 05:30 PM

Good write up with more details

https://m.bassmaster.com/news/daily-limit-bass-bags-cleatus-fox-sports-deal
Posted By: slim 285

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 12/10/20 05:59 PM

Go listen to Basszone’s interview with the Fox’s Bill Wagner . It will clear a lot of questions .

And soon we will be able to bet on Fox bet .

Bass has hit a home run with signing with Fox .

Saying they could see a NASCAR , PBA and a Bass event all with in 50 miles of each other on the same weekend .
Posted By: TDR2

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 12/10/20 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by slim 285
Go listen to Basszone’s interview with the Fox’s Bill Wagner . It will clear a lot of questions .

And soon we will be able to bet on Fox bet .

Bass has hit a home run with signing with Fox .

Saying they could see a NASCAR , PBA and a Bass event all with in 50 miles of each other on the same weekend .

If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound?

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 12/10/20 08:14 PM

I have few questions that article didn't answer, will the the live coverage be simulcast on bassmaster.com, and when FS1 goes off the air does the live coverage switch to bassmaster.com or will the just stop live, will you have to have a fox sports cable package to watch the LIve currently its free on bassmaster.com but to watch on espn3 you must sign on with your cable provider, lastly does the television show go away (I assume it does and probalby should).

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 12/10/20 08:21 PM

I have few questions that article didn't answer, will the the live coverage be simulcast on bassmaster.com, and when FS1 goes off the air does the live coverage switch to bassmaster.com or will the just stop live, will you have to have a fox sports cable package to watch the LIve currently its free on bassmaster.com but to watch on espn3 you must sign on with your cable provider, lastly does the television show go away (I assume it does and probalby should).

Email them. I bet you will get an answer.

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 12/10/20 08:46 PM

You will 100% be able to compare the ratings between past ESPN ratings and 2021 FOX ratings. You won’t have to speculate anymore about how many viewers are watching after a few of them air early next year. Only then will you be able to decide if this goes in the W column or the L...
Posted By: Dogfish_Jones

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 12/10/20 08:51 PM

No doubt in my mind this move by BASS will bring a much larger viewing audience to professional bass fishing.
Posted By: HDVS

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 12/10/20 08:58 PM

YES you can still watch on Bassmaster.com. The big win will be the cross promotion through all Fox's networks.

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 12/11/20 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Jones
You will 100% be able to compare the ratings between past ESPN ratings and 2021 FOX ratings. You won’t have to speculate anymore about how many viewers are watching after a few of them air early next year. Only then will you be able to decide if this goes in the W column or the L...

1st to live TV coverage, cross promotion during big time sporting events and multiple channels, and possibly gambling, it will be a win. The weekend viewers should be good. We dont have to all be stuck to our phones watching, we can put it on fox on TV.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 12/11/20 12:37 AM

I sure hope they don’t start screwing with stupid ideas like another league does and don’t bring in announcers that don’t belong in the fishing world.
Posted By: 361V

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 12/11/20 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
I sure hope they don’t start screwing with stupid ideas like another league does and don’t bring in announcers that don’t belong in the fishing world.

Joe Buck? laugh

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 12/11/20 02:09 AM

The latest article on BASS says it will be the same crew and business as usual
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 12/11/20 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by the skipper

The latest article on BASS says it will be the same crew and business as usual

That will be a 100% win if they do that! cheers

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 12/11/20 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones
No doubt in my mind this move by BASS will bring a much larger viewing audience to professional bass fishing.

mmmm, I think being on espn or espn2 like they were last year would be better ratings than FS1 is going to get but I'm sure ESPN wasn't going to commit to that for 4 years like the FOX deal did...so BASS took the better deal, long term will it be the smart move for BASS after 4 years, I'm doubful.
Posted By: boyd1002

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 12/11/20 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones

mmmm, I think being on espn or espn2 like they were last year would be better ratings than FS1 is going to get but I'm sure ESPN wasn't going to commit to that for 4 years like the FOX deal did...so BASS took the better deal, long term will it be the smart move for BASS after 4 years, I'm doubful.

This is big FOX, correct? FS1/FS2 will show the replays. I think this is great for BASS. Im not a NASCAR guy, but there is has to be a large crossover audience, in a prime demographic. The cross promotion is huge.

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 12/11/20 02:40 PM

I think it will be great. Live coverage on TV. Heck I dont think mlf has even shown any of their 2020 tournaments on TV yet.

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 12/11/20 02:43 PM

The article on the website says the elite events will be FS1 for 3 hours on saturday, the only thing on big Fox is day 2 of classic for 3 hours. I bet you will see a bunch of elite events start on wednesday so its championship saturday.
Posted By: boyd1002

Re: BASS to Fox Sports - 12/11/20 02:49 PM

The article on the website says the elite events will be FS1 for 3 hours on saturday, the only thing on big Fox is day 2 of classic for 3 hours. I bet you will see a bunch of elite events start on wednesday so its championship saturday.

You are correct. Thanks for clarifying.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum