Texas Fishing Forum

Six Gill Rods

Posted By: tcmitch25

Six Gill Rods - 11/17/20 04:43 PM

Hey, saw they're running a big Black Friday deal now online. Don't know anything about the rods, but think the sale is pretty impressive. Anyone know anything about the rods?

Thanks
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Six Gill Rods - 11/17/20 09:01 PM

They normally have a buy one get one deal. Cant tell you if they are any good or not
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Six Gill Rods - 11/18/20 10:08 AM

if the rods are same quality as the reels I'd probably not buy them lol
Posted By: TritonRob

Re: Six Gill Rods - 11/18/20 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Finesse Master/ Dropshot king
if the rods are same quality as the reels I'd probably not buy them lol

I have to agree! The reels suck..
Posted By: bbassfishes

Re: Six Gill Rods - 11/18/20 04:23 PM

No other rod or reel company does a buy 1 get one deal. There's a reason for that. Fair warning.
Posted By: yamaha runner

Re: Six Gill Rods - 11/18/20 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by bbassfishes
No other rod or reel company does a buy 1 get one deal. There's a reason for that. Fair warning.

Do you actually own any of their rods or just Making assumptions? If so, which ones and what’s the issue?
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Six Gill Rods - 11/18/20 09:26 PM

Probably just a cheap rod and BOGO is a great deal
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: Six Gill Rods - 11/18/20 09:30 PM

Just buy a Dobyns.
Posted By: ksalmon

Re: Six Gill Rods - 11/18/20 10:38 PM

I grabbed a couple of the Akylos casting rods and paired them with the Shimano SLX reel. I have a bit of an OCD thing with matching rods and reels and the black and blue combo looks great. As far as how it fishes no complaints really. I’ve mainly been using the medium rod for top water and the medium/heavy for a Senko/Shaky Head. All my other rods are Dobyns Fury rods by the way for comparison. I definitely like the Dobyns better but I don’t have any complaints with the SixGill rod at all.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Six Gill Rods - 11/18/20 11:11 PM

Two junk rods for the price of one junk rod, is just twice as much junk.

You get what ya pay for on rods and reels.

Sayin that....if the price is cheap enough, buy em. If YOU like em, then good. If ya don’t, make em boat rods for friends that might fish with you and don’t own decent stuff.
Posted By: tcmitch25

Re: Six Gill Rods - 11/19/20 12:01 AM

Well at least I know I'm making a good decision by saving my money and waiting to get a Dobyn's swimbait rod. I saw the BOGO deal, and it made me interested in their high end rods just because if they're quality then it's a steal, but based on the feedback I'm not even going to risk it. Thanks for all the input guys, I appreciate the feedback.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Six Gill Rods - 11/19/20 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by yamaha runner

Do you actually own any of their rods or just Making assumptions? If so, which ones and what’s the issue?

Why don't you get a few of them and report back how hey are?
Posted By: yamaha runner

Re: Six Gill Rods - 11/19/20 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by ezbassin
Originally Posted by yamaha runner

Why don't you get a few of them and report back how hey are?

If you’re talking to me, seem fine to me but I’m not a daily fisherman .. But I was mainly wondering what rods they make that are junk but nobody has mentioned a model and the exact reason they are junk.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Six Gill Rods - 11/19/20 02:24 AM

Fun N Sun boat show this year. Dobyns booth buy a rod over a certain price get a rod free. Hate to burst your bubble
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum