Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork Saturday 11/14

Posted By: d

Lake Fork Saturday 11/14 - 11/16/20 06:19 PM

Word was a boat capsized. Anyone know what happened and was everyone okay? Also heard of another accident when a helicopter had to come assist. I hope everyone is okay.
Posted By: Rog

Re: Lake Fork Saturday 11/14 - 11/16/20 07:06 PM

Was out there Saturday afternoon and didn’t see or hear of anything. Wind was crazy strong but out of SW. Therefore you could run the west side of west arm pretty easy. I ran from 515 west to the dam with no problems around 2:30 ish. I can imagine trying to run the main boat lanes would have been a pounding. Interested to hear if anything happened and/or what happened.
Posted By: CDMFish

Re: Lake Fork Saturday 11/14 - 11/16/20 08:16 PM

We were fishing the high school tournament and got word that another high school team from Mabank I believe boat flipped over on a stump somehow and the captain suffered a head injury. The two anglers are okay from what I’ve heard. So they called in a care flight to get him. I’m not sure what the captains condition is now, but I hope he is ok.
Posted By: Ken Starling

Re: Lake Fork Saturday 11/14 - 11/16/20 09:34 PM

Not sure about a flipped boat, one hit a stump while he was on plane in a area that did not have boat lanes and the cowling came off because of impact and hit the captain in the back of the head. No careflite was called or ambulance. Just needed a couple of stitches. Still glad no one was seriously injured, could have been a lot worse.
Originally Posted by CDMFish
We were fishing the high school tournament and got word that another high school team from Mabank I believe boat flipped over on a stump somehow and the captain suffered a head injury. The two anglers are okay from what I’ve heard. So they called in a care flight to get him. I’m not sure what the captains condition is now, but I hope he is ok.

Posted By: CDMFish

Re: Lake Fork Saturday 11/14 - 11/16/20 10:09 PM

Oh ok, that’s just what someone told us.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Lake Fork Saturday 11/14 - 11/16/20 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ken Starling
Not sure about a flipped boat, one hit a stump while he was on plane in a area that did not have boat lanes and the cowling came off because of impact and hit the captain in the back of the head. No careflite was called or ambulance. Just needed a couple of stitches.
Originally Posted by CDMFish

Hope everyone is ok.

This should make for a good teaching lesson to all these young bucks.
Posted By: champRD

Re: Lake Fork Saturday 11/14 - 11/17/20 12:57 AM

I'm glad no one got hurt! Just a couple of stitches in the head, lol. I know one thing, if you were on the east arm, ( big caney) above Bell Branch it wasn't pretty trying to navigate south. It was rolling hard. I think downplaying the conditions doesn't help anyone , especially high teams and captains. Just saying.
Posted By: Ken Starling

Re: Lake Fork Saturday 11/14 - 11/17/20 01:39 AM

Not trying to down play the incident, should have wrote it better. It could have been a lot worse. I apologize if it seemed as if I were downplaying the incident.
Originally Posted by champRD
I'm glad no one got hurt! Just a couple of stitches in the head, lol. I know one thing, if you were on the east arm, ( big caney) above Bell Branch it wasn't pretty trying to navigate south. It was rolling hard. I think downplaying the conditions doesn't help anyone , especially high teams and captains. Just saying.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum