Texas Fishing Forum

Garmin Perspective vs. Mega 360 for Bass

Posted By: LeonSulak

Garmin Perspective vs. Mega 360 for Bass - 11/15/20 03:17 PM

Forgive me if this topic had been discussed recently. Couldnt find it trying to search.

I am looking to purchase one of these, and I am looking for feedback on which is better for my type of fishing. I mainly fish docks and deep brush piles.

Thank you
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Garmin Perspective vs. Mega 360 for Bass - 11/15/20 03:56 PM

I don’t have experience with either, but just in case you haven’t watched this video, this guy breaks down each.

Posted By: SAKS

Re: Garmin Perspective vs. Mega 360 for Bass - 11/15/20 04:13 PM

Go on YouTube and look up Jacob Wheelers page. He just did a video on this topic. He has all 3 on his front deck and talks about how he uses each of them and which works better for him at different depths.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Garmin Perspective vs. Mega 360 for Bass - 11/15/20 06:28 PM

Dang! Both of those make my Lowrance Carbons look like a good map Choice. That’s it.

WHY CANT ONE COMPANY MAKE SOMETHING THAT DOES IT ALL?!!!!
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Garmin Perspective vs. Mega 360 for Bass - 11/15/20 07:23 PM

360 locates and displays objects. The mega 360 shows absolutely everything and is simply amazing.

Live shows live display so you can see fish which way they are going etc.

They absolutely compliment each other. For example 360 in 25’ can show you bait balls at 100’ around your boat then you can turn the tm amd use live normal view to see if there are fish under them eating or not etc.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://[/img]

Re: Garmin Perspective vs. Mega 360 for Bass - 11/15/20 07:51 PM

Thank you all for the input!
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Garmin Perspective vs. Mega 360 for Bass - 11/15/20 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Dang! Both of those make my Lowrance Carbons look like a good map Choice. That’s it.

It might be coming, both Lowrance and Hbird have something new coming out.

Edit: apparently we aren’t supposed to show the picture.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Garmin Perspective vs. Mega 360 for Bass - 11/15/20 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

It might be coming, both Lowrance and Hbird have something new coming out.

[Linked Image]

Lowrance is licensing the tech from Garmin.
Posted By: Donegonefishin

Re: Garmin Perspective vs. Mega 360 for Bass - 11/15/20 11:47 PM

Mega360 to locate structure around you and the Livescope to judge the size of the fish and pinpoint your cast.
[Linked Image]

Re: Garmin Perspective vs. Mega 360 for Bass - 11/16/20 12:56 PM

Does anyone just run one of the units?
Posted By: rscustomrods

Re: Garmin Perspective vs. Mega 360 for Bass - 11/16/20 01:06 PM

I just saw of all my Lowrance units after over 20 years of being a Lowrance guy. I went all Garmin. So far I feel it isall I need. If it had unlimited funds I would certainly love to have a mega 360 as well, but I had to choose one and went with Garmin for several reasons. As I gain more experience with it I hope to confirm I made the right choice.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Garmin Perspective vs. Mega 360 for Bass - 11/16/20 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by rscustomrods
I just saw of all my Lowrance units after over 20 years of being a Lowrance guy. I went all Garmin. So far I feel it isall I need. If it had unlimited funds I would certainly love to have a mega 360 as well, but I had to choose one and went with Garmin for several reasons. As I gain more experience with it I hope to confirm I made the right choice.

Which is why I wish ONE company had everything. This is worse than Chevy,Ford,Dodge in the 60’s and early 70’s.
Posted By: catchesbass

Re: Garmin Perspective vs. Mega 360 for Bass - 11/16/20 02:10 PM

Garmin is great unless you need good mapping. Garmin is simply terrible in this area.
Posted By: tjbubba1

Re: Garmin Perspective vs. Mega 360 for Bass - 11/16/20 02:18 PM

To me the Garmin perspective is only good under 20' just my opinion it shines at about 15'
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Garmin Perspective vs. Mega 360 for Bass - 11/16/20 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by rscustomrods

Which is why I wish ONE company had everything. This is worse than Chevy,Ford,Dodge in the 60’s and early 70’s.

Just like computers. You buy the latest greatest and 6 months later it's old tech.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Garmin Perspective vs. Mega 360 for Bass - 11/16/20 03:43 PM

Been wanting to add livescope but my concern is power. For you guys running both 360 and livescope up front, what is your power setup? Are you running seperate power for the graphs? Running off your cranking battery? I just don't have room for more batteries, and the cost to go lithium is insane.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Garmin Perspective vs. Mega 360 for Bass - 11/16/20 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
Been wanting to add livescope but my concern is power. For you guys running both 360 and livescope up front, what is your power setup? Are you running seperate power for the graphs? Running off your cranking battery? I just don't have room for more batteries, and the cost to go lithium is insane.

One lithium ionic 125ah. Tested it by fishing 10 hours using the tm only all day. both livewells on auto, aerators on, hydro wave, 2 livescope units, mega 360. One unit at console on but slept.

Saw 30% at the end of that day.

The new 4 stroke I re Powered to has a amazing charging system 12 minutes at a fast idle on a no wake lake put 10% back in the ionoc battery last time I was Out.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum