Texas Fishing Forum

Glad I didn't go home...

Posted By: markson

Glad I didn't go home... - 11/13/20 01:09 AM

Third cast of the day I caught a 7 lbs 1 oz, next cast was 2 lbs 14 oz, figured I might have blew my wad for the day. Then nothing but a bunch of magnum white bass until the last hour of the day when I ran into a school of very pissed off 3 to 5 pounders smile
Check out my Falcon Lake Fish Camp for sale and make me an offer!

https://texasfishingforum.com/forum...etirement-2nd-home-for-sale#Post13669952

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: Glad I didn't go home... - 11/13/20 02:57 AM

Nice fish!
Posted By: BassPontoon

Re: Glad I didn't go home... - 11/13/20 11:46 AM

Sounds like a good day!
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Glad I didn't go home... - 11/13/20 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Darin S.
Nice fish!

banana
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: Glad I didn't go home... - 11/13/20 12:36 PM

awesome
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Glad I didn't go home... - 11/13/20 01:50 PM

coolphotos thumb
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Glad I didn't go home... - 11/13/20 02:35 PM

long arm much roflmao

Re: Glad I didn't go home... - 11/13/20 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
long arm much roflmao

Yep, rather see the fish than my ugly mug!
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Glad I didn't go home... - 11/13/20 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by BassPontoon
Sounds like a good day!
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Glad I didn't go home... - 11/13/20 05:48 PM

those kind of days don't come very often. Recognizing when it is happening and going with it is important. Congrats.

Re: Glad I didn't go home... - 11/14/20 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce Allen
those kind of days don't come very often...

Thankfully they happen quite frequently at Falcon because something has to balance this kind of thing out - today is the 3rd time prop shaft / prop breakage issues in 18 months cry

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Glad I didn't go home... - 11/14/20 02:03 AM

Ouchie. $
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Glad I didn't go home... - 11/15/20 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by markson

Thankfully they happen quite frequently at Falcon because something has to balance this kind of thing out - today is the 3rd time prop shaft / prop breakage issues in 18 months cry

[Linked Image]

Wow...are you hitting big stumps or rocks on the dam to cause that much damage? That's crazy! Have you seen the "rumor" of the two guys getting robbed in Salanius? True or not true?
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Glad I didn't go home... - 11/15/20 04:50 AM

Nice fish. cheers

Re: Glad I didn't go home... - 11/15/20 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by fivebites

Wow...are you hitting big stumps or rocks on the dam to cause that much damage? That's crazy! Have you seen the "rumor" of the two guys getting robbed in Salanius? True or not true?

This time there was no underwater impact at all, no previous prop damage or thrust washer issues. It just sheared right off at WOT with no warning. I have been very careful to inspect and maintain my prop, collar spacing, thrust washer and torque setting since the previous two incidents, so I am going to press Yamaha on this if they deny the claim and ask them to provide metallurgical analysis because it seems to be a failed prop shaft. I do feel lucky that it just sheared off and did not impact the lower unit case, hopefully there is no internal damage.

As far as the "rumor" goes I don't know that any one mentioned a robbery, just a boarding, search and run off. I posted a recap of my experiences and observations from the Salinias here: https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/13770599/re-falcon-alert#Post13770599

Re: Glad I didn't go home... - 11/24/20 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by markson

[Linked Image]

Shout out to Justin and Pat at South Texas Marine who went to bat for me and helped convince Yamaha to cover this repair and replace my prop! Which was the correct decision in this case, but not always guaranteed to be made. Hopefully back on the water next week fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum