Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Naconiche

Posted By: RoosterHead

Lake Naconiche - 11/11/20 01:36 AM

Friend of mine is considering going to naconiche , will nov or dec be good months to go? anyone has any input or info for this lake in nov. and dec. would be appreciated .
thanks in advance.
Posted By: RoosterHead

Re: Lake Naconiche - 11/12/20 12:17 AM

ttt
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Lake Naconiche - 11/12/20 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by RoosterHead
Friend of mine is considering going to naconiche , will nov or dec be good months to go? anyone has any input or info for this lake in nov. and dec. would be appreciated .
thanks in advance.

I don't know what kind of fishing your friend likes to do, but this lake has a lot of pitching and flipping opportunities. There are 2 creek arms (SW/NW) that are full of timber, both laying down and upright. I am sure a spinner bait could bring success, also. There has been vegetation in the lake when I have gone, some times more than others. When there is, throw a frog.

There are some other posts on here. Use the Search feature.
Posted By: salex

Re: Lake Naconiche - 11/12/20 06:59 PM

Most who fish here, don't like to talk about it. smile
Posted By: TxRanger1

Re: Lake Naconiche - 11/12/20 07:17 PM

I would go then
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Lake Naconiche - 11/12/20 07:52 PM

I've fished the lake 8 times. Been stone skunked once. Had 3 fish 4 times. One outing produced a 7.5 lb bass and maybe 2 other small fish. One outing produced 18 fish up to 4lbs. One outing produced a half dozen 3lbers and one 10.5 lb bass. I was fortunate to fish the lake with one of the most knowledgeable locals my first time which dramatically cut the learning curve. The lake is intimidating, tough to fish in my opinion, a snag nightmare, and a lower unit nightmare... but it does have big fish in it. As a general comment, I would not say November and December are great months. That said, as you can see above the lake has been a roulette wheel for me. My 10.5 did come in December. My skunk also came in December. All my outings have been full days.
Posted By: tx_basser

Re: Lake Naconiche - 11/12/20 09:31 PM

does the North end still have the boom and all of the salvinia?
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Lake Naconiche - 11/13/20 03:02 AM

pm me Ill tell you all kinds of stuff I was there for 3 months this year and unlike everyone on here I think fishing is fun and like to share info and help other people enjoy the same hobby as me.
Posted By: Mike2718

Re: Lake Naconiche - 11/13/20 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by tx_basser
does the North end still have the boom and all of the salvinia?

The boom is still there. I was just up there this last weekend. It looked like a lot of regular grass was on the other side but it didn't appear to be a lot of salvinia although i couldn't see very well. I did see an aluminum boat jump the boom. There is a little salvinia that has made it across the boom. I don't know how long the boom has been there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum