Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing bibs/jacket

Posted By: LeonSulak

Fishing bibs/jacket - 11/07/20 04:19 PM

Looking to get some fishing bibs around the holidays. Trying to get some cold weather, waterproof bibs/jacket. I know the best ones can get pricey, but I wasnt sure if there are other brands that do the job that arent as expensive.

Thanks for the input
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Fishing bibs/jacket - 11/07/20 04:39 PM

I went with Bass Pro Shops 100MPH rain gear. I just layer up and shed it as the day goes on... Dan
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Fishing bibs/jacket - 11/07/20 05:00 PM

https://texasfishingforum.com/forum...fishing-rain-suit-out-there#Post13756853
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Fishing bibs/jacket - 11/07/20 05:31 PM

you're gonna have a lot say either Simms or BPS 100MPH, an they are the best but those are both pricey. Check Field Supply for deals. I got my Frabil F3 suit for maybe $150 total and it is very dry and a great suit. Not insulated but VERY wind resistant.
Posted By: LeonSulak

Re: Fishing bibs/jacket - 11/07/20 08:26 PM

Thanks. I also read through the previous thread. Thanks for sharing it.

Re: Fishing bibs/jacket - 11/07/20 11:15 PM

In my opinion the BPS 100 mph suit is too heavy for 90% of the days you go fishing in Texas. Unless it is below 45° I have to constantly unzip it and let some cool air in because I am melting
Posted By: triton_21

Re: Fishing bibs/jacket - 11/08/20 04:14 AM

BPS 100 MPH. You will not get get wet at all and will stay warm in the winter. It is hot in the summer tho. I used Frogg Toggs In the summer time.
Posted By: TinRangerJim

Re: Fishing bibs/jacket - 11/09/20 02:14 PM

Cabela's Guidewear Extreme if you're looking for something warm. Keep an eye on their Bargain Cave, they sometimes have them on sale. I got mine about 4 years ago about this time of year, at a pretty deep discount.

Re: Fishing bibs/jacket - 11/09/20 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by TinRangerJim
Cabela's Guidewear Extreme if you're looking for something warm. Keep an eye on their Bargain Cave, they sometimes have them on sale. I got mine about 4 years ago about this time of year, at a pretty deep discount.

This.

I got them at 50% off at Cabelas but there again, they are too heavy for my preference. If it is 60 degrees and you have on this suit or the BPS 100 MPH suit you will be hot.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Fishing bibs/jacket - 11/10/20 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dan21XRS
I went with Bass Pro Shops 100MPH rain gear. I just layer up and shed it as the day goes on... Dan

same here, light fleece jacket on coldest days works for me on fork. I wear it spring and fall if rain is predicted or it's cold, usually without the fleece.

it can get warm but I think it is pretty easy to vent to cool down some. jmo
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Fishing bibs/jacket - 11/10/20 03:32 PM

I have had cabbalas guide gear insulated with gore tex it is to hot and bulky , I have BPS 200 mph with gore tex they don't make it any more , I don't always use it it summertime I use BPS light weight with gore tex then. You see were I'm going with this what ever you buy get gore tex you don't get wet with it.
Posted By: rlfisher

Re: Fishing bibs/jacket - 11/10/20 04:09 PM

I have Arctic Armor they are fair price this time of the year they will have sales. They are water proof wind proof and not heavy. I fish for catfish so winter is good time to fish. They will also help you to float watch the video.
Posted By: BlueSkeeter13

Re: Fishing bibs/jacket - 11/10/20 07:01 PM

I was just looking at the 100mph bibs and was reading a review that the zipper wasn't low enough in front. This guy complained that he had to pull his down to take a leak. Anyone with the 100mph had that problem?
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Fishing bibs/jacket - 11/10/20 07:07 PM

I havent used my 100 mph in a long time. I bought a lighter weight set from bps as the 100 is too hot as ken said above.

that said the lighter bps bibs I have dont have a zipper so now I dont use them and instead use some frog tog black pants and like that combo, much easier to shed layers and I wear a belt instead of the bib.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Fishing bibs/jacket - 11/10/20 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by BlueSkeeter13
I was just looking at the 100mph bibs and was reading a review that the zipper wasn't low enough in front. This guy complained that he had to pull his down to take a leak. Anyone with the 100mph had that problem?

not with mine.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum