Texas Fishing Forum

I have now seen it all...........well maybe not

Posted By: Rockfisherman

I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/06/20 01:55 PM

Patrick Walters is fishing for isolated specific suspended fish he sees on panoptix on
Lake Fork in timber with a Jerkbait......and catching them.

For 4 days of fishing, I don't know how anyone can compete with this. He has an "unending"
supply of targets doing this!!!!!

Should change it from fishing to hunting...............

Mindblowing to me.
Posted By: rkd

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/06/20 02:01 PM

Agreed-I might be a little jealous, then again I'm still trying to figure out how sidescan works. It might be counter productive-if he sees a bunch of fish and spends all of his time trying to convince them to bite. Kind of like finding a big fish on a bed. She won't bite no matter what lure you put in front of her but you sure don't want to leave.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/06/20 02:06 PM

Awesome! cheers

I wonder how the old man did it yesterday? hmmm
Posted By: Rockfisherman

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/06/20 02:07 PM

Watching him early this morning, looks like he is old school cranking boat docks

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/06/20 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rockfisherman
Watching him early this morning, looks like he is old school cranking boat docks

I just read where all of them except the one big one came off docks! bolt

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/06/20 02:11 PM

Patrick with 16+ already this morning! flehan

He has definitely got it dialed in!
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/06/20 02:22 PM

Takes a lot of time and effort to learn to use and read that technology. I don't hate him for it. He is just outworking otbers.
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/06/20 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by rkd
I'm still trying to figure out how sidescan works.

I'm just figuring out how to interpret what I'm looking at on my Helix 12. However, I just don't enjoy looking at a a computer screen and pushing buttons all day. It is great for structure, too much time doing what I hate looking for fish, pushing buttons and looking at a computer screen.
Posted By: cr2018

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/06/20 02:34 PM

That Garmin system is the future of this sport whether we want it to happen or not. Years ago I'm sure there was folks pissed about sidescan coming out. It is simply the direction the sport is going, electronics making us better and more efficient with our time on the water. Aside all of this, you still must take the time to learn it and ultimately still have to catch them.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/06/20 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by hydrillareckkaa
That Garmin system is the future of this sport whether we want it to happen or not. Years ago I'm sure there was folks pissed about sidescan coming out. It is simply the direction the sport is going, electronics making us better and more efficient with our time on the water. Aside all of this, you still must take the time to learn it and ultimately still have to catch them.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/06/20 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Takes a lot of time and effort to learn to use and read that technology. I don't hate him for it. He is just outworking otbers.

What? Have you not used live scope?

There is nothing to figure out, it just works its called live for a reason it is live there is nothing to read or interpret.

power on
set the distance
set the depth manually
can adjust gain up or down
Posted By: SAKS

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/06/20 03:24 PM

So can someone explain how an umbrella rig was just to over the top of a bait and was banned by BASS but fishing via video game is just fine? I am not advocating for the banning of Panoptics, actually just the opposite.
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/06/20 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111

[Linked Image]

I suggest you buy a Unit or buy some stock

That's what I plan to do.

[Linked Image]

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/06/20 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by SAKS
So can someone explain how an umbrella rig was just to over the top of a bait and was banned by BASS but fishing via video game is just fine? I am not advocating for the banning of Panoptics, actually just the opposite.

Just guessing never followed bass or watched a live until yesterday and today. But my guess is garmin, h bird, lowrance etc line bass pockets pretty good.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/06/20 03:41 PM

I m not jealous just envious that I don’t have something like that on my boat.

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/06/20 03:49 PM

Is the announcer not allowed to say garmin he keeps talking about it as a forward facing transducer and is acting like this is the first time anyone has used it?
Posted By: rj74955

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/06/20 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa
Is the announcer not allowed to say garmin he keeps talking about it as a forward facing transducer and is acting like this is the first time anyone has used it?

They aren't a BASS sponsor.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/06/20 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by rj74955
Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa

They aren't a BASS sponsor.

Must be why BASS magazine keeps renouncing MinnKota Ultrex trolling motors. Lol.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/06/20 08:49 PM

Minn Kota and Humminbird are BASS sponsors.

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/06/20 09:12 PM

They bid on the premier sponsorships, boats, motors, electronics, etc.,,,, at least that's how it used to be. They're still represented at the events though, Garmin has a support vehicle at every BASS, MLF, and FLW event.
Posted By: boyd1002

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/06/20 09:18 PM

If this technology continues to improve (better for both super shallow and super deep) - How long will it be until no one makes a single cast unless you are targeting a specific fish? Its coming.. Hunting indeed
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/06/20 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by rkd
Agreed-I might be a little jealous, then again I'm still trying to figure out how sidescan works. It might be counter productive-if he sees a bunch of fish and spends all of his time trying to convince them to bite. Kind of like finding a big fish on a bed. She won't bite no matter what lure you put in front of her but you sure don't want to leave.

I got on this exact pattern on lake Hartwell last fall. It’s awesome in the fall! 14 of my 15 bass weighed I saw in the timber on Livescope.
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/06/20 09:55 PM

Spot on. I think we are pretty much at the point where you have to have it to be consistently competitive. I know I will be putting one on my boat ASAP. I have fought it internally long enough.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/06/20 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by James Biggs
Originally Posted by rkd

I got on this exact pattern on lake Hartwell last fall. It’s awesome in the fall! 14 of my 15 bass weighed I saw in the timber on Livescope.

That's pretty cool James! Does Lowrance not make a "livescope" type product? I know you're a Lowrance guy. Why Garmin instead of Lowrance?
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/06/20 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by fivebites
Originally Posted by rkd

That's pretty cool James! Does Lowrance not make a "livescope" type product? I know you're a Lowrance guy. Why Garmin instead of Lowrance?

I love Lowrance interface & dot/icon coordination. Lowrance makes it much easier to get my lure on the cover. I’m not a fan of their live sight. Garmin is way superior. That’s why I run 2 Lowrance & 1 Garmin.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/06/20 11:35 PM

How long before interfacing Rod and Reels will attain the Garmin data, and launch the lure to the exact spot.
Catch the bass, weigh it, and send the info to the Tournament Officals,...
bang
Posted By: Rog

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/07/20 01:01 AM

Some of us have been doing that for years in the fall on Fork blindly. Live scope is a “game changer” for this type fishing. Predict Garmin will be backlogged for a bit.....definitely has me interested now since that is one of my favorite ways to bass fish.

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/07/20 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Rog
Some of us have been doing that for years in the fall on Fork blindly. Live scope is a “game changer” for this type fishing. Predict Garmin will be backlogged for a bit.....definitely has me interested now since that is one of my favorite ways to bass fish.

I posted videos of this on here in the spring on e tex lakes and had a few people come over and check it out on my boat in person.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/07/20 01:41 AM

All true, the only downside is it will make the fish harder to catch due to the pressure. It may even move them into a whole new thing they do. When sides can first came out it made offshore a lot easier but now that those fish are molested all the time theyve moved, possibly to the trees to suspend. They will move again once more people get better at this livescope deal. It will be fun till then though. A jerk bait is extremely under rated.
Posted By: Wormin

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/07/20 01:51 AM

Livescope is the ultrex of a few years ago. The others will catch up.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/07/20 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by Wormin
Livescope is the ultrex of a few years ago. The others will catch up.

Totally agree. But, who wants to wait? Not me.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/07/20 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by rkd

I love Lowrance interface & dot/icon coordination. Lowrance makes it much easier to get my lure on the cover. I’m not a fan of their live sight. Garmin is way superior. That’s why I run 2 Lowrance & 1 Garmin.

Nice! What Garmin are you running and about how much was it? Does it come complete with head and transducer both? Transducer mounted to the Ultrex?
Posted By: Littledog

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/07/20 04:48 AM

I havent pulled the trigger on a Panoptix system because it's Garmin's first generation of this technology.
It looks like they got the electronics / signal processing part really well designed. However;
The transducer setup is really "Rube Goldburg" in my opinion. To much manual adjustment, rotating, angle setting, etc.
Also, strapping it to the trolling motor seems like a limitation for how i would want to use it.
I've looked at many aftermarket "non-trolling motor" mounting schemes and the are all expensive and a bit goofy.
Maybe they will do something more like a HB 360 transducer without any moving parts. (??)

I hope the next generation comes out soon.
Dont want to buy the 8-track model right before the CD player comes out.
The never ending problem.
Posted By: ring fry

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/08/20 01:24 AM

And Humminbird nor Lowrance have a booth at the weigh in. But Garmin does.

Retired grass grower

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/08/20 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by ring fry

And Humminbird nor Lowrance have a booth at the weigh in. But Garmin does.

Retired grass grower

That's Logan, he's a good guy. I bet he had quite a few visitors this weekend lol.

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/08/20 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by Littledog
I havent pulled the trigger on a Panoptix system because it's Garmin's first generation of this technology.
It looks like they got the electronics / signal processing part really well designed. However;
The transducer setup is really "Rube Goldburg" in my opinion. To much manual adjustment, rotating, angle setting, etc.
Also, strapping it to the trolling motor seems like a limitation for how i would want to use it.
I've looked at many aftermarket "non-trolling motor" mounting schemes and the are all expensive and a bit goofy.
Maybe they will do something more like a HB 360 transducer without any moving parts. (??)

I hope the next generation comes out soon.
Dont want to buy the 8-track model right before the CD player comes out.
The never ending problem.

the hb 360 has moving parts inside it, the transducer spins.

live scope has a fixed transducer. you only have to adjust it to go from forward to down or to perspective, there is no adjustment they are fixed clicks to get to those positions.... Though you can get a lot more out of perspective if you make your own adjustable mount, I can change the angle of mine and use it in deeper water or etc.
Posted By: bassnman

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/09/20 03:45 PM

I wonder if Lowrance has anything in the pipeline to catch up. I have 2 HDS units I would like to tie into but not with LIvesight as it is today.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/09/20 03:54 PM

Those fish are the last unsolved mystery of unpressured fish. With increasing pressure on lakes it'll take technology to find them more and more
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/09/20 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
Those fish are the last unsolved mystery of unpressured fish. With increasing pressure on lakes it'll take technology to find them more and more

I said this exact thing to a buddy this morning. Walters exposed the last line of defense those Fork fish had from being caught. I would not be surprised if you see a large influx of really big fish getting caught out of timber fields that literally nobody has ever fished.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/09/20 08:32 PM

Nice! What Garmin are you running and about how much was it? Does it come complete with head and transducer both? Transducer mounted to the Ultrex?

You can get a 10" screen setup for $3,000, like always go big, lots of other things to consider as well. You will want to mount the screen as tall as possible to get it close to you, your neck will hurt from fishing with it from looking down. I mounted mine on a 22" tower that mounts on a 4" tall bracket. Also they are power hungry, so make sure you run large 8 gage or larger wire from power source. They can run on power up to 24 volts, there's guys out there buying 24V lithium batteries for just their Garmin's. Then there's the issue of where you want to mount the transducer on a seperate pole type ducer our mount it to you trolling motor. If you mount it on your trolling motor with spot lock it will drive you crazy when you are wanting to cast at the fish and the head starts spinning. There's someone out there that has an electronic motor that will turn it independently using a FOB of the trolling motor and it mounts just like the 360 mega imaging transducer, it costs another $1000 with all the accessories. Decisions, decisions.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/09/20 08:43 PM

[img]http://https://www.cornfieldcrappiegear.com/product-page/electric-live-operation-elo[/img]

or

cornfieldcrappiegear.com
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/10/20 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta

thumb
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: I have now seen it all...........well maybe not - 11/10/20 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Rockfisherman
Patrick Walters is fishing for isolated specific suspended fish he sees on panoptix on
Lake Fork in timber with a Jerkbait......and catching them.

For 4 days of fishing, I don't know how anyone can compete with this. He has an "unending"
supply of targets doing this!!!!!

Should change it from fishing to hunting...............

Mindblowing to me.

I believe he was using Birds with Mega 360. It will show you fish, but not like the Panoptix. That is crazy technology.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum