Texas Fishing Forum

Did they catch more fish at Fork than you thought they would

Posted By: slim 285

Did they catch more fish at Fork than you thought they would - 11/05/20 11:32 PM

Surprised me !!! Especially Clunn . But the is the time of year where the ole man really seems to shine.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Did they catch more fish at Fork than you thought they would - 11/05/20 11:36 PM

They don't really fish many tour events in November any more...
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Did they catch more fish at Fork than you thought they would - 11/05/20 11:43 PM

Mr. Clunn is on fish and I am pulling for him to win.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Did they catch more fish at Fork than you thought they would - 11/05/20 11:51 PM

They caught about whaylt I thought they would catch A few big bags and then 14-18lb bags. Several on tge struggle bus.

I personally think most people struggle on Fork this time of year if they have little experience on the lake. It takes some time to figure it out a bit. Visually its overwhelming as all looks so good out there. I said yesterday and still feel its gonna be won shallow by a junk fisherman.i think weights are similar tommorrow but fall off on Saturday for many.
I think a double digit or two will get weighed.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Did they catch more fish at Fork than you thought they would - 11/06/20 12:17 AM

I knew someone would catch them 8 anglers over 20lbs we will see what they can do tomorrow .
Posted By: ring fry

Re: Did they catch more fish at Fork than you thought they would - 11/06/20 01:45 AM

Just for reference. I caught three fish for about 8-9# today. Lost probably an 8 at the boat when it tried to jump in the boat and knocked the crankbait loose as it hit the side of the boat. frown

Retired grass grower
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Did they catch more fish at Fork than you thought they would - 11/06/20 01:48 AM

About what I expected. Seems they find a lot of the good areas quickly.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Did they catch more fish at Fork than you thought they would - 11/06/20 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
They caught about whaylt I thought they would catch A few big bags and then 14-18lb bags. Several on tge struggle bus.

I personally think most people struggle on Fork this time of year if they have little experience on the lake. It takes some time to figure it out a bit. Visually its overwhelming as all looks so good out there. I said yesterday and still feel its gonna be won shallow by a junk fisherman.i think weights are similar tomorrow but fall off on Saturday for many.

Zona told Davey that he thought there would be 8-9 20 pound bags and there are 8 of them. cheers

I am waiting for the big girls to make a showing as well. cheers
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Did they catch more fish at Fork than you thought they would - 11/06/20 02:02 AM

Walter's is using live scope to see his fish. That technology is starting to get guys in the top almost every tournament. You used to never see a guy openly using a brand other than what they are sponsored by but your seeing it more and more just because the tech is that much of an advantage. Will be cool to see exactly what hes doing tomorrow. Kind of looked like he was throwing a jerk bait at suspended fish
Posted By: Rog

Re: Did they catch more fish at Fork than you thought they would - 11/06/20 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
I said yesterday and still feel its gonna be won shallow by a junk fisherman.i think weights are similar tommorrow but fall off on Saturday for many.

This. I have been finding some really nice fish in the dirt and had a nice over on a top water about two weeks ago. Problem is others found them too and have been hammering them. Bite has been really late in the day lately.
Posted By: Big Swimbait

Re: Did they catch more fish at Fork than you thought they would - 11/06/20 02:55 AM

Clunn said 4 of his came off of the same dock. I wonder if it's that special that they will replenish.
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: Did they catch more fish at Fork than you thought they would - 11/06/20 03:23 AM

They’ve done pretty good for day one.
Next three days will be interesting.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Did they catch more fish at Fork than you thought they would - 11/06/20 03:41 AM

I think Rick Clunn's accomplishment today was spectacular considering how Fork has been fishing the last 60 days. Nothing would make me happier (well almost nothing) to see him win another Elite event. I hope his spot reloads and he duplicates his feat tomorrow.

Fork has been TUFF. Yeah there were eight 20 pound bags today but there is something else to consider that I feel is more revealing than the 8 big bags.

Half the field of 85 anglers caught 3 fish or less all day today. These are arguably the best anglers in the world. What does that tell you about the fishery? Not bashing just saying. I have fished Fork for a while and she has been tougher this fall than ever. Maybe the fish are social distancing from my bait??
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Did they catch more fish at Fork than you thought they would - 11/06/20 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Ken A.
I think Rick Clunn's accomplishment today was spectacular considering how Fork has been fishing the last 60 days. Nothing would make me happier (well almost nothing) to see him win another Elite event. I hope his spot reloads and he duplicates his feat tomorrow.

Fork has been TUFF. Yeah there were eight 20 pound bags today but there is something else to consider that I feel is more revealing than the 8 big bags.

Half the field of 85 anglers caught 3 fish or less all day today. These are arguably the best anglers in the world. What does that tell you about the fishery? Not bashing just saying. I have fished Fork for a while and she has been tougher this fall than ever. Maybe the fish are social distancing from my bait??

Just look in the pastures the cows seem to be social distancing also, animals can sense this virus and they want no part of it either.
Posted By: Joe Todd

Re: Did they catch more fish at Fork than you thought they would - 11/06/20 12:37 PM

Not bad weights for a slot lake. I would have enjoyed seeing what their actual weights would have been had they weigh in only overs/unders. I recall a statement from Clunn earlier in the afternoon saying he hadn't caught a keeper yet but he had a small 20 pound bag at the time.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Did they catch more fish at Fork than you thought they would - 11/06/20 12:40 PM

I’m not arguing because I don’t fish way up there, but look at the results from the last few BASS events. They all have sucked, apparently it’s just how fall fishing is. If one fishery is bad, all of them would also be bad.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Did they catch more fish at Fork than you thought they would - 11/06/20 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bass-N-Buck Master

Just look in the pastures the cows seem to be social distancing also, animals can sense this virus and they want no part of it either.

Were the cows standing or laying down? This matters.....
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Did they catch more fish at Fork than you thought they would - 11/06/20 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke
Originally Posted by Bass-N-Buck Master

Were the cows standing or laying down? This matters.....

They were standing on the west side of the road and laying down on the east side this morning.....
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Did they catch more fish at Fork than you thought they would - 11/06/20 03:43 PM

A couple of them have lost a good one so far this morning.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Did they catch more fish at Fork than you thought they would - 11/06/20 04:41 PM

It's November.

Pretty much what I expected. Some guys caught them, some guys did ok, and some guys struggled. There's times of the year out there where you can smoke em in alot of places. Then theres times like now where key areas will hold most of the fish.
Posted By: BassHorn

Re: Did they catch more fish at Fork than you thought they would - 11/06/20 05:55 PM

I live in a cove north of 515 on the Running Creek side and boats have lived by my dock the last few days. I pulled my boat out of the boat house and put in the garage to clean it up and it let them cast into the boat house. Last night with my green light on, there was a boat sitting there for 3 hours.
Posted By: Bulletman99

Re: Did they catch more fish at Fork than you thought they would - 11/06/20 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Todd
Not bad weights for a slot lake. I would have enjoyed seeing what their actual weights would have been had they weigh in only overs/unders. I recall a statement from Clunn earlier in the afternoon saying he hadn't caught a keeper yet but he had a small 20 pound bag at the time.

I'm sure BASS prolly wouldn't come back if that were the case!!! I've been a Bass Fest Judge for many events and was a Judge last year on Fork as well. They said nothing to us about keeping track of actual "Keepers". On Non slot lakes we had to measure the fish to be over 14" before weighing. Makes me wonder how many there will actually be???
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Did they catch more fish at Fork than you thought they would - 11/06/20 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bulletman99
Originally Posted by Joe Todd

I'm sure BASS prolly wouldn't come back if that were the case!!! I've been a Bass Fest Judge for many events and was a Judge last year on Fork as well. They said nothing to us about keeping track of actual "Keepers". On Non slot lakes we had to measure the fish to be over 14" before weighing. Makes me wonder how many there will actually be???

There has been maybe 3 overs caught in the last 2 days
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Did they catch more fish at Fork than you thought they would - 11/07/20 04:01 AM

The pattern Patrick Walters is using will change the way a lot of people will be fishing Fork In the fall from now on.
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: Did they catch more fish at Fork than you thought they would - 11/10/20 04:53 PM

I believed someone would get on them and break 100 lbs. That is the way Fork is. Someone always locates them. But, having been on Fork every month and had started to get tough. You saw this when some and even locals struggled to put a limit in the boat. The cold snap affected them too. The warming trend started to improve fishing on Days 2, 3, & 4. He was lucky those fish stayed in that area all four days. Fish on Fork have a tendency to move on you daily.
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: Did they catch more fish at Fork than you thought they would - 11/10/20 09:11 PM

Walters said he followed a fish for 200 yards before he got it to bite. He was targeting individual fish, pretty darn amazing determination to get 1 fish to bite, he said it was a 4 pounder!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum