Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Richland chambers boat ramp?

Posted By: Bobby ihn

Lake Richland chambers boat ramp? - 11/02/20 05:31 PM

Hey guys I was just curious to know if Crab Creek boat ramp is an actual usable ramp to launch a bass boat?
If not is there a trail to run all the way up the west arm on chambers?
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Lake Richland chambers boat ramp? - 11/02/20 06:28 PM

Thats the richland arm, the chambers arm runs north to 2859. Theres a path but I don't know it. Stick with Oak cove Harbor inn or Fishermans point for ramps. The county ramps are hot spots for theft the ones on the richland arm are probably worse, methhead density is higher there than say the 309 county ramp.
Posted By: Viking7

Re: Lake Richland chambers boat ramp? - 11/02/20 06:45 PM

Midway Landing is a good ramp located on the South side of the Richland arm in Streetman.

Re: Lake Richland chambers boat ramp? - 11/02/20 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Viking7
Midway Landing is a good ramp located on the South side of the Richland arm in Streetman.

Its private now
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: Lake Richland chambers boat ramp? - 11/02/20 09:25 PM

its very very dangerous to run that arm of the lake
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Lake Richland chambers boat ramp? - 11/02/20 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Viking7

Been private for years now.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Lake Richland chambers boat ramp? - 11/02/20 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bobby ihn
Hey guys I was just curious to know if Crab Creek boat ramp is an actual usable ramp to launch a bass boat?
If not is there a trail to run all the way up the west arm on chambers?
Harbor Inn ramp is your best bet for quick access to that arm of the lake if you are wanting to launch a bass boat but like phoenix 920 Pro xp stated " it`s VERY VERY Dangerous to run that arm of the lake"! You are just asking to get your lower unit knocked off! Just Too many bois D` arch land mines sitting out there waitin on ya. I`m not sure about a trail but there is the Richland Creek channel that runs thru the Black Forest all the way west to the RR tracks & beyond I-45. You can probably troll it VERY VERY Slowly with good sonar and create your own trail but certain parts of your anatomy might become Very tight while doing so.
coolio

HE aka Fishbonz
Posted By: structure man(Guide on RC)

Re: Lake Richland chambers boat ramp? - 11/02/20 10:48 PM

The Crab creek ramp is usable but not very good and really not safe. There is a ramp farther down to the West at Chenybroro . You have to go through the small community of Navarro to get there.
The path to the West is runnable but better know how to run it to the railroad bridge and further West. Lake is down about a foot and dropping slowly. Oakcove N of 287 is the best ramp and the other on the SE side is Fisherman's point. It is good but steep.
Posted By: Bobby ihn

Re: Lake Richland chambers boat ramp? - 11/03/20 02:07 AM

I guess what’s everyone’s opinion about cheneyboro boat ramp?
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Lake Richland chambers boat ramp? - 11/03/20 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Bobby ihn
I guess what’s everyone’s opinion about cheneyboro boat ramp?

Its worse than crab creek, not sure if they have cleaned it off but it didn't look usable for anything more than a small aluminum or kayak, there was lots of silt/sand on the ramp. Also almost got bit by a dog that ran down from the house next to the ramp, I left bolt
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Lake Richland chambers boat ramp? - 11/03/20 02:17 PM

I use the 309 ramp pretty much every time I go fishing on RC. People always talk about vandalism, but I have been using that ramp for 20 years and never had an issue. It gets lots of traffic. Pretty much the rest of the free ramps on the lake are dangerous. I've had people unhook my trailer at chenneyboro and had to pull a gun on a meth head at the crab creek ramp one time years ago. 309, Oak Cove, and fishermans point are basically your options on that lake. Harbor inn is an ok ramp now but they don't open until 6am or 7am depending on time of year, and they do not allow pre pay. So they are out if you are looking to get an early start. The last time I was in there the lady running it was about as rude as a human could possibly get so I avoid that place at all cost now.

Re: Lake Richland chambers boat ramp? - 11/03/20 03:02 PM

I have never used Harbor inn but your right, we pulled in there after a day of fishing out of oak cove just to check the ramp out. It would not be a bad place to put in on a windy day and just fish that long arm branch area. Back to my point, parked the truck to check out the ramp and got yelled at for using their parking lot and not paying for ramp fee, go figure.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum